Xur has Transversive Steps!!!

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I'm probably going to pull the trigger on that later today , haha se what I did there ! :ROFLMAO:

Dec 17, 2020
I'm probably going to pull the trigger on that later today , haha se what I did there ! :ROFLMAO:
I pulled the trigger when I woke up really early this morning and couldn’t sleep, and also FINALLY had Elsie give me the first Aspect quest. Good morning overall once you factor in taking my little girl out for breakfast.^^

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I never had Luna or NF, but I remember the old Devil's Due or w/e the Crucible HC was and wished I had those. Granted, I'm just not a HC user anymore....they aren't as fun to me as they once were....maybe if they'd let me have a non-sunset Rose...I miss The Rose.
Interesting that they sunsetted Rose when you needed it to get Lumina.

I love Luna's and NF. The recoil worked for me. The new HC have recoil like in D1 and I hate it. I can't land successive shots. Part of it is I am used to spamming the trigger for sidearms. I can't do that with a 120. But I also don't know how people are able to land headshots all the time when you're moving around, dodging, etc. That's where I get frustrated.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I pulled the trigger when I woke up really early this morning and couldn’t sleep, and also FINALLY had Elsie give me the first Aspect quest. Good morning overall once you factor in taking my little girl out for breakfast.^^
Taking the kids out for Breakfast is always a fantastic thing.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I love Luna's and NF. The recoil worked for me. The new HC have recoil like in D1 and I hate it. I can't land successive shots. Part of it is I am used to spamming the trigger for sidearms. I can't do that with a 120. But I also don't know how people are able to land headshots all the time when you're moving around, dodging, etc. That's where I get frustrated.
I got Lunas Howl and it is a good Hand Cannon , I wish I would have gotten it sooner oh well at least I have it now , I may pick up NF next just to complete the collection . I still want my Randy's Throwing Knife and Recluse back !

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
My main Luna's Howl, I retired when I got 7,777 crucible kills with it. I figured that was a good place to be considering the number 7 is the Bungie number. I had over 1000 on my Titan's Luna and 222 on my Warlock's.

I like the way both of them feel. They have the recoil pattern of a 180, with a 140's impact. I can easily land consecutive shots with no issues.

The problem is, with the 120's being able to out shoot a scout rifle at range, it's difficult to do much with LH and NF anymore.

Dec 17, 2020
Taking the kids out for Breakfast is always a fantastic thing.
I love taking her out to pick out her own bagel or (soon again!) for a good pancake breakfast at a diner that I don't cook. XD Soon we are having a second child, and I'm really trying to work on making sure that I spend as much time as possible with her now so that she knows, even when the baby takes so much work, that daddy loves her just as much as her new little sibling. Also, making sure I do what my own somewhat lousy father never did and scheduling time for just her when the baby comes so she knows Daddy loves her as much as the new baby.

Dec 17, 2020
My main Luna's Howl, I retired when I got 7,777 crucible kills with it. I figured that was a good place to be considering the number 7 is the Bungie number. I had over 1000 on my Titan's Luna and 222 on my Warlock's.

I like the way both of them feel. They have the recoil pattern of a 180, with a 140's impact. I can easily land consecutive shots with no issues.

The problem is, with the 120's being able to out shoot a scout rifle at range, it's difficult to do much with LH and NF anymore.
I personally think the right HC range was always the one they gave them at the end of D1. Where it was about the same as an AR (so High power HCs and High Power ARs played in the same sandbox, etc.) because then the risk/reward balance between both was just perfect. Sure, there were outliers like The First Curse (which, again, had I think the slowest RoF and Reload in the game, which made its range and power a good trade off), but by and large if you prioritized aiming as opposed to suppressing fire, a HC could win.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I personally think the right HC range was always the one they gave them at the end of D1. Where it was about the same as an AR (so High power HCs and High Power ARs played in the same sandbox, etc.) because then the risk/reward balance between both was just perfect. Sure, there were outliers like The First Curse (which, again, had I think the slowest RoF and Reload in the game, which made its range and power a good trade off), but by and large if you prioritized aiming as opposed to suppressing fire, a HC could win.
Some of the Hand Cannons still have way to much range they have scout rifle kind of range and that's too much , they still need some adjusting , I'm talking about in the Crucible of course .

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
Some of the Hand Cannons still have way to much range they have scout rifle kind of range and that's too much , they still need some adjusting , I'm talking about in the Crucible of course .
I totally agree. But you know, Bungie. They won't touch the range. Too many people will complain. yada yada... I just have to git gud...

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I totally agree. But you know, Bungie. They won't touch the range. Too many people will complain. yada yada... I just have to git gud...
120 range nerf incoming !! The crybabies ( and I include myself in this) prevail !

Dec 17, 2020
120 range nerf incoming !! The crybabies ( and I include myself in this) prevail !
I like the changes to shotguns too, lowering the aggressive max damage range while increasing the spread will lower those stupidly long range Felwinter kills. It should also give some of the rapid fire frames some love now that the minimum damage range is 2m further out...it puts them both in the same sandbox, with Aggressives having a farther 1-shot range but letting rapid fires be built around two tapping from further away. Also....an Anarchy nerf.... FINALLY.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I am excited about the upcoming nerfs. I know others won't be, but tough. LOL. They'll get good with another weapon.

Dec 17, 2020
I think the nerfs will just make it so its more like shotgun chicken, where Felwinter's users will just know they HAVE to take a first hit to guarantee a kill. Meanwhile, Slug shotgun users will make them nerf that weapon type into the ground. XD

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I am excited about the upcoming nerfs. I know others won't be, but tough. LOL. They'll get good with another weapon.
It will be interesting , I'm looking forward to the Sleeper "buff" that's included in this update ,we'll see if it puts it back to where it should be !