Season of the Splicer

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I know it's still kinda early/new but what does everyone think of the new season ? Me, well , what ANOTHER FRIGGIN' JUMPING PUZZLE !

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I'm not sure if I'm underwhelmed or it's just par for the course. ?? It could be that I'm just tired. I always hate the beginning of a new season. I just feel overwhelmed with all the new things I have to do.

The jumping puzzle didn't bother me. The Master level Exo challenge is what bothered me. I made sure I had a full heavy load. Started out and they took it all away. I finally got through it. I did one Override and thought it was the same as all the other stuff we've done, but different.

I am afraid to go into PvP as everyone is going to be trying to masterwork the new sidearm.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I'm not sure if I'm underwhelmed or it's just par for the course. ?? It could be that I'm just tired. I always hate the beginning of a new season. I just feel overwhelmed with all the new things I have to do.

The jumping puzzle didn't bother me. The Master level Exo challenge is what bothered me. I made sure I had a full heavy load. Started out and they took it all away. I finally got through it. I did one Override and thought it was the same as all the other stuff we've done, but different.

I am afraid to go into PvP as everyone is going to be trying to masterwork the new sidearm.
I finally did the override , I thought it was ok , it seemed to me that the NF was a little tougher than last season , being the first one I did I used Malfeasance in the Kinetic spot and took a terrible beating , usually that's my top gun , the next one I did , I used Bad Juju in the kinetic spot and had no problems , they really must have nerfed the range on Hand cannons ! They can keep those Exo challenges I'm not doing them , same with the Master Lost sectors (solo) , they can shove the Exotics up their bums !!
I haven't gone into the Crucible yet too much other stuff I'm working on , I did get the new pulse rifle , it's has some kick to it !

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I played several crucible matches last night. I'm finally good again. LOL. The population is up, so the sucky people are back, so I look like I'm doing well.

I figured I'll work on guilding my Unbroken for the second time. I don't need to do everything anymore. I'm just not caring for it like I used to be. The power level jump is only 10, as I'm already 1310, so I just slowly do what I want to do. Which is how it should be.

Reactions: vipertec

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I'm working on the new fusion rifle , I've heard it's supposed to be the gun to have . I'll be venturing into the Crucible to finish the step I'm on for the sidearm catalyst (50 guardian kills , so that should be fun !

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I'm working on the new fusion rifle , I've heard it's supposed to be the gun to have . I'll be venturing into the Crucible to finish the step I'm on for the sidearm catalyst (50 guardian kills , so that should be fun !

I don't like the stasis side arm. It's crap. I'm only at 13 kills and I've been trying. If it was a good sidearm I'd be done. LOL...

I've done a bit of the fusion quest. Not going to push it.

I'm in love with the new 180 HC. Survivor's Epitaph. This one has ambitious assassin and thresh. Crap rolls. Can't wait to see what I can do with a good roll.

1620997583382.png

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I don't like the stasis side arm. It's crap. I'm only at 13 kills and I've been trying. If it was a good sidearm I'd be done. LOL...

I've done a bit of the fusion quest. Not going to push it.

I'm in love with the new 180 HC. Survivor's Epitaph. This one has ambitious assassin and thresh. Crap rolls. Can't wait to see what I can do with a good roll.
I agree the Exotic sidearm IS crap , major league crap , the new sidearm Farewell is pretty darn good , so are the new auto and pulse rifles and the heavy machine gun ! For the first time in a long time I may be running 3 legendaries at the same time ! I got them all out of Override .
I did a little of the fusion rifle quest , I ran the Trinary System in the NF , this quest is a crawl , but I've heard (from Rick Kackis) that this is the one you want , so I'm going after it !! He says the quickest way is to play Gambit , so gambit it is cause the NF ,4 of them, didn't give much progress !
I haven't ventured into the Crucible yet but soon !
Now I have to go to Home Depot and or Lowe's and then come home and service my mower , then cut grass !!
Have a great weekend !!! , Crossplay is coming next season !!!!

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I'm really liking the override , its fun and gives good loot at the the end . I'm also really liking the new Splicer weapons haven't got a bad one yet , the splicer sidearm is even better than the new exotic one , and I'm not a fan of sidearms !

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I'm really liking the override , its fun and gives good loot at the the end . I'm also really liking the new Splicer weapons haven't got a bad one yet , the splicer sidearm is even better than the new exotic one , and I'm not a fan of sidearms !

A potato is better than the new exotic side arm.

I'm a sidearm aficionado and I have never liked any of the exotic sidearms. Even the D1 exotic sidearm.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
A potato is better than the new exotic side arm.

I'm a sidearm aficionado and I have never liked any of the exotic sidearms. Even the D1 exotic sidearm
I agree , I need 14 Guardian kills to get the first part of the catalyst quest done !

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I got the first part of the Catalyst quest done , 2nd part is 50 more Guardian kills and using the piece of crap in Strikes or NF , yeah no I'm not doing that , screw it , I'm done !!

Dec 17, 2020
Lorewise, I absolutely love this season. Mithrax finally makes me feel like maybe I won't have to murder every alien in the solar system. Maybe we can find peace with the Crab People.

I'll be honest....the seasonal exotic just doesn't feel great. I mean...it's OK. It's the same archetype of sidearm as Buzzard (which I'm still ticked that Bungie sunsetted...but they let us keep Felwinter and Point of the Stag >.>), but it's exotic perk feels kind of wasteful ammo-wise. The fact it burns the entire magazine for the burst makes it hard to exploit the freeze with a quick few headshots for a shatter. Also, the exotic catalyst quest is too darn hard for it. If the quest is that hard just for the catalyst, the catalyst should just drop charged (the same goes for all the seasonal exotics...if you need to do like 200 strikes to get a catalyst...it should come ready to equip, period). However, the catalyst really makes the seasonal exotic downright evil. Basically it makes it so shattering a frozen target reloads the freeze bullet burst.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Lorewise, I absolutely love this season. Mithrax finally makes me feel like maybe I won't have to murder every alien in the solar system. Maybe we can find peace with the Crab People.

I'll be honest....the seasonal exotic just doesn't feel great. I mean...it's OK. It's the same archetype of sidearm as Buzzard (which I'm still ticked that Bungie sunsetted...but they let us keep Felwinter and Point of the Stag >.>), but it's exotic perk feels kind of wasteful ammo-wise. The fact it burns the entire magazine for the burst makes it hard to exploit the freeze with a quick few headshots for a shatter. Also, the exotic catalyst quest is too darn hard for it. If the quest is that hard just for the catalyst, the catalyst should just drop charged (the same goes for all the seasonal exotics...if you need to do like 200 strikes to get a catalyst...it should come ready to equip, period). However, the catalyst really makes the seasonal exotic downright evil. Basically it makes it so shattering a frozen target reloads the freeze bullet burst.
I agree ! That being said , the splicer sidearm , and I'm not a fan of sidearms , is 100 times better than this seasons exotic and the catalyst quest is stupid hard to do ,I'm not going to waste my time doing a quest for something I'm not gonna use , onto more Overrides !

Dec 17, 2020
I agree ! That being said , the splicer sidearm , and I'm not a fan of sidearms , is 100 times better than this seasons exotic and the catalyst quest is stupid hard to do ,I'm not going to waste my time doing a quest for something I'm not gonna use , onto more Overrides !
I see the exotic having usefulness. I just think they went a little too "Dreg's Promise" on it. I mean, we all remember how bad that exotic was in D1 because it felt like they deliberately underpowered it. I mean, Synergy is what Dreg's Promise should have been. I think once they see how much the exotic is hamstrung without the catalyst they will buff it somehow.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I see the exotic having usefulness
Nope that thing is junk , to get the catalyst 2nd part done you need to do 50 kills with it in the Crucible , and also use it in strikes and NF the guns needs a serious buff to make even halfway decent !

Dec 17, 2020
Nope that thing is junk , to get the catalyst 2nd part done you need to do 50 kills with it in the Crucible , and also use it in strikes and NF the guns needs a serious buff to make even halfway decent !
Remember everyone thought the same thing about Symmetry. I think it’s really that archetype of Sidearm. It’s like Buzzard, you either love it or mehhhhh it. Tommy’s Matchbook....now that is an all around bad exotic unless you have the catalyst. Then it’s still a bad weapon, but less so.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
Remember everyone thought the same thing about Symmetry. I think it’s really that archetype of Sidearm. It’s like Buzzard, you either love it or mehhhhh it. Tommy’s Matchbook....now that is an all around bad exotic unless you have the catalyst. Then it’s still a bad weapon, but less so.
I completed the steps to get the catalyst. It is just a bad weapon. I was miserable trying to complete it. The catalyst doesn't say it, but I believe you have to get complete it in the crucible. I tried to use it in a lost sector and there was no progression on the catalyst. #FML. I may work on it later.

I did Guild my Unbroken for the second time though/.

Dec 17, 2020
So last night I finally had a few Lost Sector tags pop up....I tried them solo at 1260....I gave up after an hour and not being able to clear the K1 first room. I'm just...I'm so sick of Bungie thinking everything has to be locked behind walls and annoying-as-heck champions. I shouldn't have to worry about an equipment lock when I'm soloing. I shouldn't have to worry about having to use Eriana's Vow or Devil's Ruin for EVERY SINGLE THING IN THIS GAME. Stop taking away my choice to make the people who are that hardcore happy. I just wanted the Titan Chest or the Icefall Mantle....just realize that half way thru a year this should be made easier for the casual player since we are playing catch up. That's how an MMO (and I'm sorry Bungie: this IS an MMO) works.

Dec 17, 2020
So last night I finally had a few Lost Sector tags pop up....I tried them solo at 1260....I gave up after an hour and not being able to clear the K1 first room. I'm just...I'm so sick of Bungie thinking everything has to be locked behind walls and annoying-as-heck champions. I shouldn't have to worry about an equipment lock when I'm soloing. I shouldn't have to worry about having to use Eriana's Vow or Devil's Ruin for EVERY SINGLE THING IN THIS GAME. Stop taking away my choice to make the people who are that hardcore happy. I just wanted the Titan Chest or the Icefall Mantle....just realize that half way thru a year this should be made easier for the casual player since we are playing catch up. That's how an MMO (and I'm sorry Bungie: this IS an MMO) works.
Sorry, I was very salty. I'm tired of feeling like I can't do anything in the game anymore. There's no reason to keep things this difficult / scale them up for what is essentially 6 month old content. I haven't gotten a single aspect quest yet because the Stranger just won't give them to me. I can't solo a 6 month old piece of armor because you can't realize that everyone who was hardcore got it 6 months ago. At least Override is fun and when you get a team that understands its mechanics, it only takes 10 minutes (and Chroma Rush is absolutely awesome...keep the Sundial type seasonal activity / reward structure going forward please Bungie), but I'm just tired of getting maybe 2 hours a week to play and feel like I can't do anything in that time.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
The funny thing is, the hard core folks will run through this content in seconds, then never do it again. I just don't do it at all. It's no longer fun to me. I want to have fun, not be frustrated. So, I've taken the stance of, if I don't get it, so be it. I just don't care anymore.

I mean, I don't know if it's Destiny, or my worldly attitude right now. But I don't even want to listen to Destiny podcasts anymore. I used to listen to Guardian Radio, Planet Destiny Podcast, Destiny Community Podcast and Fireteam Chat. I haven't listen to them in about a year now. I just don't want to listen to them complain. I'm done with complaining. When I found out that Briar Rabbit only plays like a week of Destiny every new season, I was like, why do I even give a bleep about what he thinks anymore. Then most of them just started touting PC Master Race stuff and I am just fed up.

So, I still love the Crucible, as broken as it may be. But I have fun in it, so I focus on that. I am good with that.

Reactions: vipertec