Season of the Chosen

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I remember when I used to get all excited for the Trailers. I'm kind of meh, on this. I like some of what I see, but my overall enthusiasm has waned some. ???
Yeah me too , I must be getting jaded with the whole thing . This is from Twitter , you have a twitter account now ?? Let me know !

Lil'Ubo

Dec 18, 2020
I was thinkin that Zavala would bend the knee, too! Boy has stones! Especially with a weak AF Osiris as his backup lol

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
Yeah me too , I must be getting jaded with the whole thing . This is from Twitter , you have a twitter account now ?? Let me know !

No. No Twitter. I just get the tweet notifications in Discord on the Bungie Discord.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I was thinkin that Zavala would bend the knee, too! Boy has stones! Especially with a weak AF Osiris as his backup lol

I'm thinking. We just kicked your arse, killed your Callus and you want us to bend a knee?

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I was hoping we'd get something new to shoot , but then again last time that happened we got Scorn and before that Taken ..............nevermind !

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I was hoping we'd get something new to shoot , but then again last time that happened we got Scorn and before that Taken ..............nevermind !

Our Destinyverse opponents is a very small box. I doubt we'll see anything "new". I mean, there is the Darkness which we're not sure what that will be.

Lil'Ubo

Dec 18, 2020
I'm thinking. We just kicked your arse, killed your Callus and you want us to bend a knee?
We never killed Calus. We destroyed his robots that he was using to test us.

Our Destinyverse opponents is a very small box. I doubt we'll see anything "new". I mean, there is the Darkness which we're not sure what that will be.
Again, I argue that we have been chasing Gannon and Bowser and stomping Goombas for 35 + years.

Countries have been at war with each other for decades and decades... The expectation of new enemies for a lore/story standpoint is silly! Practically, keeping the current enemy roster keeps the game smaller.

BK54

Dec 27, 2020
Im kind of excited for next season, than again, i like the story behind Destiny. Caiatl is Calus' daughter, so will we ultimately kill her or will Calus step in and either help us or convince us not to kill her.

Though, im kind of upset that my Armor is being sunset since it only goes up to 1260 :/

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
and beside the new Trials armor all the new armor looks like crap IMO .
What? You don't like balls on your warlock, or a Dunce cap on your Titan? It's modeled off ancient Persian armor. But I agree, it's poo poo. :poop:

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
screw Trials armor! I want nice armor too! why does all the Trials stuff have to be unobtainable?!?!
To me that's not the only thing unobtainable , I tried the Hawkmoon quest with a friend who was underleveled , I was 1264 , he was 1250 something and we got as far as the "big" room where the wizards and all that crap are and we got our asses handed to us , I don't mind challenging but it getting down right stupid how difficult some things are getting , I don't knw maybe I'm getting too old for this s**t . Sorry for the rant , I'm pissed , I couldn't get past 1267 this season and I don't think because I don't raid or do Trials that I can't get higher level stuff, the highest drop I got was 1251 that's bull !!

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
To me that's not the only thing unobtainable , I tried the Hawkmoon quest with a friend who was underleveled , I was 1264 , he was 1250 something and we got as far as the "big" room where the wizards and all that crap are and we got our asses handed to us , I don't mind challenging but it getting down right stupid how difficult some things are getting , I don't knw maybe I'm getting too old for this s**t . Sorry for the rant , I'm pissed , I couldn't get past 1267 this season and I don't think because I don't raid or do Trials that I can't get higher level stuff, the highest drop I got was 1251 that's bull !!

Are you doing the weekly pinnacle stuff? i.e. 3 strikes, 3 Gambit, etc? It's those activities that drop pinnacle drops that will get you your light level. I only made it to 1255 base light. But my artifact is a +23. Total 1278. I didn't do the weekly strikes or Gambit because I didn't want to. I just played PvP and Comp and that brought me up along with my artifact.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I don't know what it is, but this past season, I didn't jones about Destiny like I used to. Unless I was playing comp with a friend, I didn't want to be in PvP because it's boring. I didn't care about getting to max power level because I didn't want to do those activities.

I do agree, you shouldn't have to run a three man fireteam in order to get an exotic. But they made the Hawkmoon battle similar to the Outbreak Perfected one. Without the timer. If I didn't have the three man fireteam, I would not have gotten Hawkmoon. I am all for a challenging battle, but not an impossible one for those that are not Esoterickk. He can solo flawless just about any encounter.

Lil'Ubo

Dec 18, 2020
The hawkmoon mission was 1280. I found last season to be very forgiving and easy to level up to hard cap. Anything above 1260 was Artifact power.

That mission was doable solo but it took Patience & Time :D. I'm glad there was no timer nor serious puzzle jump. I'm over jumping/sparrow puzzle bullshit in the game now lol

Reactions: vipertec

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Are you doing the weekly pinnacle stuff? i.e. 3 strikes, 3 Gambit, etc? It's those activities that drop pinnacle drops that will get you your light level. I only made it to 1255 base light. But my artifact is a +23. Total 1278. I didn't do the weekly strikes or Gambit because I didn't want to. I just played PvP and Comp and that brought me up along with my artifact.
Yes I did , still didn't get any drops above 1251 , Artifact was +16 that could be part of the problem , and now I have to do it again !
That mission was doable solo but it took Patience & Time :D
They still didn't bring that gun back !! :cautious:

I do like the new activity Battlegrounds ! Right up my alley shoot , shoot and shoot some more straight up !