Season Ending Thoughts

Dec 17, 2020
Ok so this Season story wise was incredible (I will forever remember it as the Season of "The Saint's Paradigm Shift"). Nothing will ever match Saint telling Mithrax "YOU ARE MY PEOPLE!" in that last override, while my Titan boots were busy trampling Lakshmi's skull while fighting thru the Vex at the start.

However, after only getting 4 powered melee kills in 2 Gambit matches last night regardless of using my Monte Carlo with Actium for perpetual fire...I can not wait for them to speed up Titan's stasis melee again on Tuesday. I should have made a video of the 8 or so times I had a Scorn up and completely last-second dodge my fist to load up to Bungie with a simple line called: I now know how Freiza felt trying to hit Goku. Still, at least they recognize just how much they overnerfed Behemoth and Revenant just to get people stop whining about it in Trials. XD

What do you guys think of the infinite Primary Ammo? I'm worried about how they talked about changes to Fighting Lion. If they try to reign it in too much (again, just for PvP concerns only) it's going to be a bad exotic all over again. It's real power lies in its reliance on Primary Ammo and how it's catalyst perk "Chimera" let's it just totally overclock your Heavy and Special ammo weapons. I think they did the right kind of nerf to Anarchy, but I'm sure people who rode that Rascal every day will be very upset.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
What do you guys think of the infinite Primary Ammo?
Can't wait could have used it in The Harbinger mission , I ran out of primary ammo so many times during the final boss battle it was aggravating ! It was a good season hopefully The Season of the Lost is just as good we'll have to wait and see !!As far as the Anarchy nerf goes I don't have and someone (Rick Kackis) recommend The Prospector in it's place and it is a good recommendation , I've been using the hell out of it !

Dec 17, 2020
Can't wait could have used it in The Harbinger mission , I ran out of primary ammo so many times during the final boss battle it was aggravating ! It was a good season hopefully The Season of the Lost is just as good we'll have to wait and see !!As far as the Anarchy nerf goes I don't have and someone (Rick Kackis) recommend The Prospector in it's place and it is a good recommendation , I've been using the hell out of it !
Honestly, the season ritual weapon (holy crap a RL with Explosive Light!) has me buzzing, but I wonder what the seasonal exotic will be. The sidearm this season needed some love (honestly, as much as I like Buzzard, that whole archetype needs some love, but I have a feeling Bungie knows this due to the primary ammo changes and will look at the single-shot precision sidearms). I'm hoping it will be a season exotic FR or something, since they haven't done that weapon type yet, but I could also see them doing a season exotic pulse or HC....it's all in what they want to do.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Once again all the new exotic armor is in legedary or master lost sectors WTF ! By the time I get my power level high enough to attempt it , it'll be time for the witch queen , it's just BS !!

Dec 17, 2020
Once again all the new exotic armor is in legedary or master lost sectors WTF ! By the time I get my power level high enough to attempt it , it'll be time for the witch queen , it's just BS !!
Yep.....what the actual f%^& are they thinking doing this now?

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Yep.....what the actual f%^& are they thinking doing this now?
I think the main reason they did it is because of the crybabies , I don't see why the rest of us have to suffer just because some think it's "too easy" to get armor exotics , now you have to really grind away to get you power level up to do the lost sector , solo mind you then maybe , just maybe you'll get the new exotic , you might get one you already have after fighting 3 champions , what a blatant waste of time , I have limited time I get to play and if I'm not going to get something I don't already have then I'm just not going to do it , as of right now ,besides the new exotics that you can only get from the heroic /master lost sectors (this season and last) the only exotics I don't have are the raid exotics and I'm good with that , but the other ones should be in the "rare" loot pool random drop, that lost sector stuff is for the birds. When I saw that they put new/old ones in the lost sectors again I was gonna call it done with Destiny , but the little woman talked me out of it and the I went ahead and ordered Witch Queen , if the keep making it harder on us filthy (even though Destiny is the only game I play) casuals , I may still give it up , and what they are going to do to the sub classes , I still don't have all the Stasis aspect done because of those stupid exo challenges , It's going to be like starting over again and I don't think I want to do that , I just hoping they don't make it too difficult for me I'M OLD , I don't have the RT to do some of this stuff , I pay the same as everybody else and in some cases more (I buy silver , I preordered the deluxe package with the 30th anniversary edition pack etc. I want Ghorn) I know I'm going to have to do a dungeon to get it, LFG here we come ! They have to quit making it more "challenging" its not, it's just more annoying !!!!!
SORRY for the rant !!

Dec 17, 2020
I think the main reason they did it is because of the crybabies , I don't see why the rest of us have to suffer just because some think it's "too easy" to get armor exotics , now you have to really grind away to get you power level up to do the lost sector , solo mind you then maybe , just maybe you'll get the new exotic , you might get one you already have after fighting 3 champions , what a blatant waste of time , I have limited time I get to play and if I'm not going to get something I don't already have then I'm just not going to do it , as of right now ,besides the new exotics that you can only get from the heroic /master lost sectors (this season and last) the only exotics I don't have are the raid exotics and I'm good with that , but the other ones should be in the "rare" loot pool random drop, that lost sector stuff is for the birds. When I saw that they put new/old ones in the lost sectors again I was gonna call it done with Destiny , but the little woman talked me out of it and the I went ahead and ordered Witch Queen , if the keep making it harder on us filthy (even though Destiny is the only game I play) casuals , I may still give it up , and what they are going to do to the sub classes , I still don't have all the Stasis aspect done because of those stupid exo challenges , It's going to be like starting over again and I don't think I want to do that , I just hoping they don't make it too difficult for me I'M OLD , I don't have the RT to do some of this stuff , I pay the same as everybody else and in some cases more (I buy silver , I preordered the deluxe package with the 30th anniversary edition pack etc. I want Ghorn) I know I'm going to have to do a dungeon to get it, LFG here we come ! They have to quit making it more "challenging" its not, it's just more annoying !!!!!
SORRY for the rant !!
I was honestly debating calling it quits on D2 when Witch Queen come out. I foresee them making us redo ALL of the Light subclasses all over again just to make us get fragments and aspects, and I’m over an MMO grind. And I’m sorry, but making it so each class gets aspects that potentially would allow a Titan to get a Devour perk takes away a lot of the unique nature of each class and their subclass trees. Currently each class uses each type of light in delightfully different, but tangential ways…don’t get rid of that just to make hardcore Datto type whiners happy. That kind of thinking it what killed WoW and FFXI for me.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
SORRY for the rant !!

I understand why they did the lost sector thing. They want people to play their content. I agree though. I did the master lost sector 20 times to get Mask of Bakris, I did the Master lost lector one time to get the new legs last season. It makes no sense. I've run the VOG raid 16 times and I still don't have Vex. It took me 21 runs of Deep Stone Crypt to get Eyes of Tomorrow. ONe of my clanmates got it first run and then got a copy every other run for 5 runs. Now we have run something even more devastating to get Ghorn.

I enjoy the game, but they need to make it so you CAN do most everything solo.

Due to personal stuff my Destiny time is starting to wain. We'll see if I get to play much in the coming months. But with all the changes, I may be on the calling it quits side of things. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: vipertec
Dec 17, 2020
Sorry, so excited but: First off, got Null Composure last night. With the seasonal mods, DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS WEAPON. It hits like an absolute truck and with the FR mods this season you can aim next to an unstoppable champion and the chain reactions of the Taken thralls detonating from Reservoir burst next to it will not only stun it with explosion #1, but darn near instant kill it with explosions 2-4. Also, doing Gambit is a very fast way to get Ascendancy....I got to rank 6 last night in Gambit with only winning 4 out of 8 or so. Also....FINALLY KILLED THE MEATBALL. Once it spawned and I saw the enemy team was near killing theirs I invaded, popped my super in the middle of all 4 of them and wiped the team to fully heal theirs, then went back and burned ours down. Now, to kill 25 Taken bosses and mini-bosses (and apparently envoys in Gambit don't count, so I guess I'll be doing alot of the seasonal activity (assuming those taken bosses / mini-bosses count) and I'll just do a Wrathborn first to start that part of Hawkmoon up as well.

Sorry, was just excited once I got the meatball kill finally. I pulled out my Servant Leader and just...went after it. XD

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Sorry, so excited but: First off, got Null Composure last night. With the seasonal mods, DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS WEAPON. It hits like an absolute truck and with the FR mods this season you can aim next to an unstoppable champion and the chain reactions of the Taken thralls detonating from Reservoir burst next to it will not only stun it with explosion #1, but darn near instant kill it with explosions 2-4. Also, doing Gambit is a very fast way to get Ascendancy....I got to rank 6 last night in Gambit with only winning 4 out of 8 or so. Also....FINALLY KILLED THE MEATBALL. Once it spawned and I saw the enemy team was near killing theirs I invaded, popped my super in the middle of all 4 of them and wiped the team to fully heal theirs, then went back and burned ours down. Now, to kill 25 Taken bosses and mini-bosses (and apparently envoys in Gambit don't count, so I guess I'll be doing alot of the seasonal activity (assuming those taken bosses / mini-bosses count) and I'll just do a Wrathborn first to start that part of Hawkmoon up as well.

Sorry, was just excited once I got the meatball kill finally. I pulled out my Servant Leader and just...went after it. XD
The new seasonal fusion rifle is better IMO it has a little more range . Your going to need help with the strike part after you kill the 25 Taken bosses it's a bitch, then

you have to kill 10 invaders within the first 10 secs of the invasion , the you'll get Malfeasance !!

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I enjoy the game, but they need to make it so you CAN do most everything solo.
This for sure !! I still don't have any of the new Exotic armor , and I don't like to do thing a million times to get something !

Dec 17, 2020
The new seasonal fusion rifle is better IMO it has a little more range . Your going to need help with the strike part after you kill the 25 Taken bosses it's a bitch, then

you have to kill 10 invaders within the first 10 secs of the invasion , the you'll get Malfeasance !!
Wait..in the first 10 seconds?!? You start 10 seconds away. I thought they adjusted that requirement. Also, I’m hoping since all the hunters actually WANT malfeasance now people will want to do those now. And given any time I’ve invaded (other than my YOLO Staisis Super during their meatball boss), I either took a fast death via SS or Threaded Needle, and vice versa for all but the invaders with supers, I’m hoping that won’t be horrible.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Wait..in the first 10 seconds?!? You start 10 seconds away. I thought they adjusted that requirement. Also, I’m hoping since all the hunters actually WANT malfeasance now people will want to do those now. And given any time I’ve invaded (other than my YOLO Staisis Super during their meatball boss), I either took a fast death via SS or Threaded Needle, and vice versa for all but the invaders with supers, I’m hoping that won’t be horrible.
Yep , I recommend a rocket launcher with tracking so the sneaky little invaders can't escape , or if you know the spawn locations use a sword ! Good luck !

Dec 17, 2020
Yep , I recommend a rocket launcher with tracking so the sneaky little invaders can't escape , or if you know the spawn locations use a sword ! Good luck !
Hah, I tried this in one game last night while my team was obliterating the Primeval and I was using Cryothesia to get blocker Stasis kills for a fragment quest. We were downing the invader about 8 seconds after they spawned in every time. The moment he popped in I had my Tracker Bad Omens screaming at their face while Threaded Needles were beading in on them.