Salvations Grip Fixes?

Dec 17, 2020
Well, I FINALLY got Salvations Grip (FYI Bungie...I don't play my Hunter and Warlock...and if I did, I really would not want to do the campaign / this rediculous questline just to unlock aspects and fragments on both...just...for the future...let us one-and-done for all characters). Technically I haven't gone back to the Drifter yet to allow me to get the aspect quests from Elsie on Europa, but I've gotten the gun. The quest mission to get it is utterly AWESOME and made me feel like Sam Fisher for the first time ever. That's not easy to do when you are coated in Iron Man armor.

That being said, I finally get why no one uses this thing; It does no damage, has no splash damage, and eats all your heavy ammo unbelievably fast. I feel like this thing, if it has no AoE freeze (again, it's a heavy weapon that essentially fires a Liquid Nitrogen-filled chemical grenade...it should have an AoE freeze effect far greater than it does), should be like Fighting Lion: A special grenade launcher. If that means I need to reload after every shot, I feel like that is an OK compromise, but that would make it so much more useful. What do you guys think? Should I pass that along on Reddit or Twitter? I just feel like, with a weapon that's needed to do so much, and could be SO useful at least in PvE to help with Crowd Control issues in Horde encounters, it needs a lot of help. I get their worries (so maybe make it more like Witherhoard in that it takes Special Ammo instead of Primary like Fighting Lion), but the weapon is a real PITA to get, and should have some level of utility. Can you imagine it like Witherhoard? I can think of times when being able to use a Grenade Launcher to freeze even a couple enemies in thier tracks (then, maybe to use the Shatter mechanic to make them into anti-Thrall mines) would be so useful and make someone WANT to use this as their exotic.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I just started using my Titan again yesterday. I haven't played him since Shadowkeep dropped. He was 1100. he's now 1321 thanks to Iron Banannnananananana...

That was tough being 1220 in the IB. What really sad was my third game I was top of my team.

I don't know if I am going to run the campaign or not. I just wanted another character to run Raids so I have another chance at the Exotic

The reason I stopped playing my Titan and Warlock is I wasn't having fun with the "game" anymore. It was work. Do, this, do that, next character, do this, do that... and so on. I just want to play and have fun. So I went back to my Hunter who has been with me since day 1 of D1. Well, actually January 3, 2015.

I didn't create my Titan and Warlock until I was done with the RoI stuff. I ran the raid and Adkyth said, why don't you have additional charcters, you can run the raid more. so I did. Then stopped at Shadowkeep. I'll probably just do my Titan. I still just want to have fun with the game.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020
I just started using my Titan again yesterday. I haven't played him since Shadowkeep dropped. He was 1100. he's now 1321 thanks to Iron Banannnananananana...

That was tough being 1220 in the IB. What really sad was my third game I was top of my team.

I don't know if I am going to run the campaign or not. I just wanted another character to run Raids so I have another chance at the Exotic

The reason I stopped playing my Titan and Warlock is I wasn't having fun with the "game" anymore. It was work. Do, this, do that, next character, do this, do that... and so on. I just want to play and have fun. So I went back to my Hunter who has been with me since day 1 of D1. Well, actually January 3, 2015.

I didn't create my Titan and Warlock until I was done with the RoI stuff. I ran the raid and Adkyth said, why don't you have additional charcters, you can run the raid more. so I did. Then stopped at Shadowkeep. I'll probably just do my Titan. I still just want to have fun with the game.
I was just thinking more about how in D1 you could level up your sub character by infusing any Class armors. I routinely did the campaigns and quests on my Titan, then would use the random bad armors I got to infuse up my back up players so when I wanted to have a Hunter / Warlock day, I could. I just feel like having backups is work in D2 since you have to do everything on them. Why should you have to do a 6 hour campaign and a 4 hour quest string 3 times? Just let a person go: Hey, you beat this, now all your characters have it. Just more: Hey, the Hardcore players and YouTubers can complain, but you have to make it accessible. Not that I'd want to have been one of those Revenant players making Crucible into a never ending nightmare...but it would have been fun to try. XD

Dec 17, 2020

While doing the Salvation's Grip final fight the big Super Brig (Salvation Commodore) dropped the "Worldline Catalyst". I have no idea how they retooled the Catalyst. But if it requires me doing 3 weeks of Escalation Protocol and hitting every boss....I'm in Trouuuuble.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
While doing the Salvation's Grip final fight the big Super Brig (Salvation Commodore) dropped the "Worldline Catalyst". I have no idea how they retooled the Catalyst. But if it requires me doing 3 weeks of Escalation Protocol and hitting every boss....I'm in Trouuuuble.

Those catalysts are you just have to get kills with it.

Dec 17, 2020
Those catalysts are you just have to get kills with it.
That's great news! I honestly didn't notice until I checked my Ishtar Collective and saw that it was a drop in my post box XD. I don't know how often you look....but the only way to see you got an exotic catalyst is to see this tiny pyramidal prism that's yellow gold on the ground...it was easy to miss in that huge combat arena at the end.