Outriders Demo early review

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Let me start this review by saying the graphics in Outriders are amazing , I play on Xbox One with a 1080p tv , that being said .....................
Keep in mind I've pretty much only play Destiny 2 and some Anthem (RIP) here and there . I found the gun play to be a little off , it was hard to get on target and stay there , I've played a lot of 3rd person shooters , Gears , Anthem for example and I've never had a problem like this staying on target , the hit boxes are off especially on snipers , I understand this is a demo however this is what will sell your game . I also didn't like the fact that the melee button is to right click the thumbstick , A is to go in to cover and B vaults over objects wasn't too crazy about this either but I didn't get to play it long enough to get used to it again like Gears , so I have to play it more . I also found it a little difficult to see some of the enemies but they are all marked . I also found during battle when looking that your character moves way too fast for my tastes and you miss seeing things , (I may have to go in and adjust some of the controls and brightness (it is dark in spots). Ill have an update in a few days after I play it some more , if I had to decide right now to buy it not , I'd probably save my money.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I played the whole Demo. I enjoyed it. I was very intrigued by the story. Gameplay was meh. I didn't like the camera shake during the cut scenes.

I thought Fallout Plays video on it, hit the mark.

Reactions: Lil'Ubo

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Still haven't had a chance to play anymore of it , I'll get around to it eventually .......................................maybe !

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
Still haven't had a chance to play anymore of it , I'll get around to it eventually .......................................maybe !

To be honest. You're not missing much if you don't get around to it.

Lil'Ubo

Dec 18, 2020
I tried playing it and the camera shake was SO BAD, i skipped all story scenes. I had no clue what was happening. And i lost interest in it lol

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I got past the first story mission and then got put in a room with nowhere to "hide" and multiple enemies on both side constantly shooting at you , so I said screw this ! I'm done not gonna buy it !

Reactions: Lil'Ubo

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I got past the first story mission and then got put in a room with nowhere to "hide" and multiple enemies on both side constantly shooting at you , so I said screw this ! I'm done not gonna buy it !
I already made my decision that I wasn't going to buy it. I got interested because of the story line. But the game play just doesn't seem like it's going to be a long term replayable game. So, it's a no for me. It's not a BAD game, just not what I'm looking for.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I already made my decision that I wasn't going to buy it. I got interested because of the story line. But the game play just doesn't seem like it's going to be a long term replayable game. So, it's a no for me. It's not a BAD game, just not what I'm looking for.
Me either , the graphics are pretty awesome though !