Trying to start the Hawkmoon Quest

slimyrhino69

Jul 20, 2021
Hey guys,
This might be kinda a niche question, but I never did any of the lure stuff because I wasn't playing that season (school got in the way). So, I talked to the spider and got the quest to talk to the crow. However, the crow is in HELM rn and the quest marker still takes me to his old location. I genuinely don't know how to pass this part and haven't found any known fixes online. Whenever I go to the quest marker in the Tangled Shore it's just an empty spot on the map.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• tiger_release_final_20210721_115727.png
    tiger_release_final_20210721_115727.png
    606.4 KB · Views: 2
  • tiger_release_final_20210721_115809.png
    tiger_release_final_20210721_115809.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I remember hearing about this , but I don't remember what the "fix" is , even though the crow isn't there you still may be able to pick up the quest in the kiosk in the Helm or in the Tower next to the post office ( on the left in the corner) .

Reactions: slimyrhino69

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
The lure quest stuff is still with the Crow on the Tangled Shore. The Crow in the Helm is for the later story line. If you visit the Tangled Shore Crow and approach him, he's got all the lure stuff there.

slimyrhino69

Jul 20, 2021
I remember hearing about this , but I don't remember what the "fix" is , even though the crow isn't there you still may be able to pick up the quest in the kiosk in the Helm or in the Tower next to the post office ( on the left in the corner) .
Good call actually I didn't even think of that, unfortunately it's not in there :(

slimyrhino69

Jul 20, 2021
The lure quest stuff is still with the Crow on the Tangled Shore. The Crow in the Helm is for the later story line. If you visit the Tangled Shore Crow and approach him, he's got all the lure stuff there.
There should be a screenshot at the top, the quest marker leads to the tangled shore crow but it ends up being empty! As of right now still no fix

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
see above

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I only did one of those hunts ,I didn't like it at all , bullet sponges to the max so I gave up on it after one .I did get the static roll Hawkmoon , one of these days I go after the Catalyst and a random roll one but I'm in no rush , because IMO there are better hand cannons in the game , I hardly ever see Hawkmoon any more .

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
Reactions: slimyrhino69

slimyrhino69

Jul 20, 2021

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
yup! I saw that one too, but I should already have all of the requirements fulfilled :/
You found Osiris on the moon correct ? I still haven't done that with one of my characters (just because I have the static roll Hawkmoon) I'll do it and see if I can get the quest on the Tangled Shore from the Crow

Dec 17, 2020
You found Osiris on the moon correct ? I still haven't done that with one of my characters (just because I have the static roll Hawkmoon) I'll do it and see if I can get the quest on the Tangled Shore from the Crow
Once you do the Osiris mission you have to go see Spider, and then you have to get that Silent Hill MacGuffin Cryptolith thing and get one charge and do one Hunt (which I still need to do) ...then you should be able to do the hawkmoon quest. I'm personally hoping someday we get Pocket Infinity quest like this or one for Invective...I miss my infinite ammo exotics. XD Not Icebreaker though....my D1 Trials of Osiris flashbacks would come back.

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
Don't forget, you have to fly to the tower speak to someone, fly to tangled shore, speak to someone, fly to the tower to speak to someone, fly to the tangled shore to speak to someone, then fly to the tower to speak to someone, then fly to... Then you might get the mission to progress... /s

Last edited:

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Don't forget, you have to fly to the tower speak to someone, fly to tangled shore, speak to someone, fly to the tower to speak to someone, fly to the tangled show to speak to someone, then fly to the tower to speak to someone, then fly to... Then you might get the mission to progress... /s
Then after you do all that there's a bunch of bullet sponges and a jumping puzzle . Then after you get the static roll useless one , you have to go back in and there's more jumping puzzles , you face a bunch of super bullet sponges , then if your lucky and get to the final boss and it's not the pair of heavily shielded Taken Cabal that cannot be beaten no matter what weapons you use ( and I'm not kidding no matter what we did we couldn't lower their health) you'll get a random roll Hawkmoon and the catalyst ! I still don't have one ! Good luck !

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
pair of heavily shielded Taken Cabal that cannot be beaten no matter what weapons you use ( and I'm not kidding no matter what we did we couldn't lower their health)
Were these the unstoppable ones? You have to stun them and then they take damage.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Were these the unstoppable ones? You have to stun them and then they take damage.
No , it was the final boss in the last room , there are 2 Arc shielded Cabal and they can take all the damage you can dish out , they are there instead of the Taken captain or Archon or whatever it is .Look on the Bungie forums we aren't the only ones that had this problem!!

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
No , it was the final boss in the last room , there are 2 Arc shielded Cabal and they can take all the damage you can dish out , they are there instead of the Taken captain or Archon or whatever it is .Look on the Bungie forums we aren't the only ones that had this problem!!
Use an arc weapon and break the darn shields and they damage really easily after that. I use an arc SMG to break shield and RL to take them out.