Expunge mission

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I complete my first Expunge mission last night. It's part of the new content when you get to a certain point with the Override quests.

@vipertec will not like it. It's a jumping puzzle. LOL. It was interesting and challenging mostly because I didn't know what I was supposed to do half the time.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I complete my first Expunge mission last night. It's part of the new content when you get to a certain point with the Override quests.

@vipertec will not like it. It's a jumping puzzle. LOL. It was interesting and challenging mostly because I didn't know what I was supposed to do half the time.
You got that right , I saw a video and that's a hard pass from me , not doing it ,nope no way ! , this comes under the Bungie making stuff super hard to do for no friggin' reason if that was for an Exotic , I'd get it but for nothing , no not doing it !!

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
You got that right , I saw a video and that's a hard pass from me , not doing it ,nope no way ! , this comes under the Bungie making stuff super hard to do for no friggin' reason if that was for an Exotic , I'd get it but for nothing , no not doing it !!

Truly, it wasn't hard. It was just new. The jumping part was easy really.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Truly, it wasn't hard. It was just new. The jumping part was easy really.
You wouldn't be lying to me now would you ? :rolleyes: It doesn't look easy especially the disappearing platforms! Just watched Esoterrik's video , nope that's not for me , the Whisper had easier jumping and I had trouble with that , only made it to the end a couple times with not enough time left , even though this has no timer still a hard pass ,unless I got an Icebreaker at the end then even if it took me hours , but for a legendary , nope hard pass !

Last edited:

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I completed the second Expunge Mission: Styx last night. You need to complete them to get the story line moving. Well worth it.

@vipertec I know you don't like jumping puzzles. These are not hard puzzles. The new one is actually easier than the first. Once you figure a couple of things out.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
completed the second Expunge Mission: Styx last night. You need to complete them to get the story line moving. Well worth it.

@vipertec I know you don't like jumping puzzles. These are not hard puzzles. The new one is actually easier than the first. Once you figure a couple of things out.
I watched the 1st one it looks like a nightmare to me , I'll probably give it a try and end up rage quitting as usual with jumping puzzles , but I'm going to try it ...........maybe

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
Just take your time, there is no timer. There are a few places that are confusing. But overall it's an easy puzzle.

1622731241687.png

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Might try it tonight , if your ears start burning it might be cause I'm cussing you ! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
Might try it tonight , if your ears start burning it might be cause I'm cussing you ! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I can handle it. At least try it and then give up. At least you can say you tried. If you don't even try I'll razz you about it forever...

1622810204522.png

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I got as far as the snipers , then said screw this , it's just stupid and if I wanted to play a platformer , I'd fire up the old PS2 and play Ratchet and Clank which , I didn't like either !

Dec 17, 2020
I haven't had time to do the first one Labyrinth yet. Then again, if Xur keeps only ever giving me Antaeus Wards (seriously Bungie...is Phoenix Cradle just not in his loot pool currently? XD) I may have to keep current in the season just to have a hope of getting gear. XD

Dec 17, 2020
It really makes me wonder if they make all of these platform missions because they just won't purge the Stomp-EES from the game. I mean, sorry...I demand my Twilight Garrison back if you are going to keep making everything a platformer. Lion Rampants are just not good enough compared to an in-air dodge that recharges every 6 seconds.

To Quote Boston Legal: DENNY CRANE (Give me my TG back!)

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
I completed the newest Expunge mission and all without Stomp-ee5. This one was more difficult as I was trying to figure out the mechanics behind it. Once I did, it became easy.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
It really makes me wonder if they make all of these platform missions because they just won't purge the Stomp-EES from the game. I mean, sorry...I demand my Twilight Garrison back if you are going to keep making everything a platformer. Lion Rampants are just not good enough compared to an in-air dodge that recharges every 6 seconds.
Why do Stompees need to be purged ?? I think they just need to quit making platform puzzles
I completed the newest Expunge mission and all without Stomp-ee5. This one was more difficult as I was trying to figure out the mechanics behind it. Once I did, it became easy.
Still a big fat NO from me !

Dec 17, 2020
Why do Stompees need to be purged ?? I think they just need to quit making platform puzzles

Still a big fat NO from me !
I don't really have an issue with Stomp-EES actually. They just become utterly irritating with Crucible / Gambit Invaders. I just don't want every seasonal mission to be a platforming game. I haven't liked 3D platformers since spending maybe 8 hours on that one cloud forest level in Spyro trying to get the last dragon, and every once in a while a new mechanic would be fun. Aside from Seraph Tower-style Tower Defense Horde mode. That one can stay dead and buried.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
I don't really have an issue with Stomp-EES actually. They just become utterly irritating with Crucible / Gambit Invaders. I just don't want every seasonal mission to be a platforming game. I haven't liked 3D platformers since spending maybe 8 hours on that one cloud forest level in Spyro trying to get the last dragon, and every once in a while a new mechanic would be fun. Aside from Seraph Tower-style Tower Defense Horde mode. That one can stay dead and buried.
Me , I just totally despise jumping puzzles any at all actually . I haven't done the new VOG raid but in D1 if I didn't learn the "short cut " to get to Atheon , I would have never completed that raid , I think I only made it through that part once without dying !