Exotics

Dec 17, 2020
So I broke down and got enough SIlver to get all the season armor (basically to rank 60, because I don't like the armor ornaments for this season and I don't feel like I need 3 other pairs of Anteaus Wards when all I really want are Lunafaction boots for my Warlock for all the other exotic engrams). But I got the cipher and am debating which exotic to get. I never beat Zero hour and could never navigate Whisper fast enough, and am missing pretty much every one of the Year 2 Hand Cannon exotics, minus Ace of Spades. So, since I never got pretty much any of the Year 2 exotics minus Ace or Outbreak/Whisper / Bad Juju / Rat King (seriously game...I was on the LAST STEP...can you just say I beat Arms Dealer with a fire team?<>) which would you guys get? I'm leaning towards Bad Juju or Outbreak, or maybe Lumina, but I'd love your thoughts on the matter. Outbreak would be my personal pick, since I never found a Warlock and Hunter to help me get Outbreak Prime done in D1 (seriously, on the last puzzle and then I have every exotic in D1 done, but can never find a Warlock or Hunter to help with the final resistor puzzle).

michael6745

Staff member
Dec 18, 2020
So I broke down and got enough SIlver to get all the season armor (basically to rank 60, because I don't like the armor ornaments for this season and I don't feel like I need 3 other pairs of Anteaus Wards when all I really want are Lunafaction boots for my Warlock for all the other exotic engrams). But I got the cipher and am debating which exotic to get. I never beat Zero hour and could never navigate Whisper fast enough, and am missing pretty much every one of the Year 2 Hand Cannon exotics, minus Ace of Spades. So, since I never got pretty much any of the Year 2 exotics minus Ace or Outbreak/Whisper / Bad Juju / Rat King (seriously game...I was on the LAST STEP...can you just say I beat Arms Dealer with a fire team?<>) which would you guys get? I'm leaning towards Bad Juju or Outbreak, or maybe Lumina, but I'd love your thoughts on the matter. Outbreak would be my personal pick, since I never found a Warlock and Hunter to help me get Outbreak Prime done in D1 (seriously, on the last puzzle and then I have every exotic in D1 done, but can never find a Warlock or Hunter to help with the final resistor puzzle).

Out of the three, I'd go with Outbreak.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Outbreak or Bad Juju , I prefer Bad Juju , but you won't go wrong with Outbreak .

Dec 17, 2020
Outbreak or Bad Juju , I prefer Bad Juju , but you won't go wrong with Outbreak .
Outbreak is what I will probably pick. But yeah, I loved Bad Juju in D1 for the fact that it basically gave me my super every 30 seconds in PvP. Shoot, my Warlock Crota's End build was pretty much VW with Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju up until the actual Crota fight made me use Gjallarhorn and Sunsinger for potential self-res and DoT on the Swordbearers.

vipertec

Staff member
Dec 19, 2020
Outbreak is what I will probably pick. But yeah, I loved Bad Juju in D1 for the fact that it basically gave me my super every 30 seconds in PvP. Shoot, my Warlock Crota's End build was pretty much VW with Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju up until the actual Crota fight made me use Gjallarhorn and Sunsinger for potential self-res and DoT on the Swordbearers.
I still want them to bring bad Obsidian mind and Light Beyond Nemesis !

Dec 17, 2020
I still want them to bring bad Obsidian mind and Light Beyond Nemesis !
Man, I want them to give us back The Glasshouse and give us a reason to use it. I always used it on my Titan except for The Abyss and Crota battles (just because as a Titan on Crota you were always the distraction and needed the Saint-14 blinding to deal with the Thralls) for the additional weapon damage / overshield it gave Blessing / Ward / Armor of Light.

Dec 17, 2020
Yep, it's still there, I really have to get that done one of these days !
I assumed when I was looking to make Outbreak last night (and realized I should wait since I only had 150k glimmer and needed to level armor) and it wasn't under the Y4 Label in the kiosk. I'm also really debating buying Point of the Stag since I don't think it was sunsetted since it was Season of the Worthy. As for the new sidearm....I really don't know how I feel about it. It seems....OK I guess. It's definitely not as easy to use at Ticuu or Duality was, and just don't use it in that first Mithrax mission (though that mission is FREAKING AWESOME and Mithrax and Eido are amazing characters and really help flesh out the Eliksni as a race). The sidearm just feels....weird. However, the first mission gave me a Kinetic GL called Ignition Code that came rolled with Hard Launch, Spike / Concussion Grenades, Surplus...and THRESH! So basically.... I'm using it and Fighting Lion to work on Salvo FOREVER.

Dec 17, 2020
Okay, as long as it's normal level. Master level is insane.
Hah, we can probably 3 man the master's level, just make sure we do Normal first to get all the discoveries and the weapon. Then when we get the catalyst it's also pretty much totally upgraded. Also, for whatever reason I can't find the Hawkmoon mission. Anyone able to link a good FAQ for how to get Crow to let me start that, or did I get season locked? XD

Dec 17, 2020
I’m so bummed....every week I buy the exotic engram from Xur, hoping to finally get my warlock either his Transversive Steps or my Titan his Phoenix Cradles...and every week Xur gives me Anteaus Wards. At this point I’d be happy for like...Lucky Pants. Anything to break the monotony.