Living world and customisation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

Just noticed this on the EB games Destiny pre-order page:

A Connected Universe – Destiny is more than a disc in a drive, it is a persistent online universe filled with other players. As the story grows and expands over time, so do the destinations you can access, the activities you experience, and the rewards you can earn.

The bit about the story growing over time seems to confirm what we were discussing weeks/months ago about episodic content and DLC increasing the playable areas and extending the story.

Adventure Awaits – Personalize and upgrade every aspect of how you look and fight with an expansive combination of armor, weapons, and visual customizations. Take it all with you into every mode, including Destiny’s story, competitive multiplayer, and public combat destinations. Return to The City, Destiny’s third person social space to rearm and repair before going out on your next adventure.

And this bit about visual customisation seems to confirm that you will be able to alter your appearance in some way.

Jikar

Jikar

Risen from the Grave

• 333 posts

I would love to be able to customize the actual character itself, rather than just the armour. It would add so much more depth to the game.

Muffin Slapper Jr

Muffin Slapper Jr

Forum Lieutenant

• 269 posts

Hope that they do a mini release every month(preferably 2 weeks) or so, it works pretty well in other games that do it.

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

I would love to be able to customize the actual character

The screens and trailer videos inside the tower show a warlock character with their helmet off. If you can take your helmet off, I'm pretty sure they'll let you customise the face. Which in turn makes me wonder whether the game will be Kinect enabled and be able to scan YOUR face and put it on your character.

destinyfanno1#returned

destinyfanno1#returned

Recruit

• 22 posts

so far Im thinking fable/skyrim/halo multiplied by 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 in their greatness

so far Im thinking fable/skyrim/halo multiplied by 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 in their greatness

apparently thats one thousand sextillion no joke