Photo

What if Destiny had a subscription model?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

I was listening to the Trueachievements podcast this morning and they were discussing Elder Scrolls Online's subscription model ($15.99 per month).

On the tail end of that discussion, they wondered aloud whether Activision might want Destiny to follow a subscription model.

If that is the case, how would if affect your excitement for the game?

Personally, I'm not sure. I was a happy WoW player for almost 2 years, and in those 2 years played little else. $15.99 a month was cheaper overall than what I would have spent otherwise. However, I'm not sure I want another WoW hogging up my life. And if Destiny isn't my one game to rule them all, I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay a significant monthly subscription.

How about you?

Jikar

Jikar

Risen from the Grave

• 333 posts

I was listening to the Trueachievements podcast this morning and they were discussing Elder Scrolls Online's subscription model ($15.99 per month).

On the tail end of that discussion, they wondered aloud whether Activision might want Destiny to follow a subscription model.

If that is the case, how would if affect your excitement for the game?

Personally, I'm not sure. I was a happy WoW player for almost 2 years, and in those 2 years played little else. $15.99 a month was cheaper overall than what I would have spent otherwise. However, I'm not sure I want another WoW hogging up my life. And if Destiny isn't my one game to rule them all, I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay a significant monthly subscription.

How about you?

It's already been confirmed that it isn't going to be subscription based, so we can rest easy on that note.

I myself would be more than a little annoyed at having to pay a subscription fee. It just doesn't have that sort of feel to the game, and they're I doubt it's going to bomb in sales right now anyway, so why would they make it a sub-to-play?

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts
This topic is too hypothetical for me. We should change it to, Which Celebrity Would You Most Bang? Then I'd be down for some hypothetical conversation.

destinyfanno1#returned

destinyfanno1#returned

Recruit

• 22 posts

This topic is too hypothetical for me. We should change it to, Which Celebrity Would You Most Bang? Then I'd be down for some hypothetical conversation.

agreed