Photo

The Vanguardians (All consoles)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Weston THUG

Weston THUG

New Blood

• 7 posts

I know I posted here about making a clan maybe 2 months ago or so, but just said I'd leave a new post saying a bit about us. I started the Vanguardians in July 2013 and over the last 2 months we have 90+ members. We have fireteams for all consoles and are growing very quickly as an International Destiny Clan. So feel free to check out our site, we have events, forums, game nights, RP and generally talk everything Destiny. So yeah hope you join, enjoy.. http://vanguardians.enjin.com/home

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

Nice work getting a clan up and running before the game even launches!

I can't get to the website from work but I'll definitely check it out once I'm home.

Weston THUG

Weston THUG

New Blood

• 7 posts

We just hit a 100 members and doing well, hope to see you join our family.

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

Once the game is closer to launch, I'll definitely give it a look.

Guilding in World of Warcraft was some of the best stuff in the game - the camaraderie, the shared knowledge, the common commitment to overcoming new challenges. Having a guild-first 'Baron Rivendare 45 min' run was the highlight of my career, not because we succeeded but because I and four other guildmates committed to the challenge and ultimately succeeded.

I'm hoping Destiny can catch that lightning.

(One thing I am curious about is whether Destiny will support formal guilds/factions. None of the videos so far have had a placeholder for guild name in the player info display. If guilds are supported, the beauty of it in WoW was that you had easy access to a keyboard and guild chat while still being about to be in an audio group with your particularly party. Without written chat in Destiny, how will that crossover work (if at all)?)

PS. Any idea where in the world your members are coming from? I'm in Australia (GMT+10) so I'd like to find a guild/clan that's likely to operate on my time zone and availabilities.

Weston THUG

Weston THUG

New Blood

• 7 posts

Pretty sure formal guild are going to be a thing. If you saw on one of the screenshots of what looked to be a main screen it said crimson moon under Deej's name I think (The individual clan). Well we have headsets nowadays but we also have an individual chatbox for in-game too. We have members from all over the world on all consoles. My timezone is GMT+1 in Ireland but I've played with alot of Aussie's before too. We support all consoles! 

Hope it helped,

Weston

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

I know I posted here about making a clan maybe 2 months ago or so, but just said I'd leave a new post saying a bit about us. I started the Vanguardians in July 2013 and over the last 2 months we have 90+ members. We have fireteams for all consoles and are growing very quickly as an International Destiny Clan. So feel free to check out our site, we have events, forums, game nights, RP and generally talk everything Destiny. So yeah hope you join, enjoy.. http://vanguardians.enjin.com/home

Hi friend! Welcome to dnews.net! I have the Guardian Angels but I am very interested in having alliances with other clans. Hit me up sometime.

Weston THUG

Weston THUG

New Blood

• 7 posts

Hi friend! Welcome to dnews.net! I have the Guardian Angels but I am very interested in having alliances with other clans. Hit me up sometime.

Yeah I've seen you guys about. If you wanna join my site I can add you as an associate and we could speak more about alliances. We currently have one other Destiny clan looking to be an ally also

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

Yeah I've seen you guys about. If you wanna join my site I can add you as an associate and we could speak more about alliances. We currently have one other Destiny clan looking to be an ally also

Cool. I'll check it out. I'm in cahoots with the folks at destinyhub.net as well.
  • Weston THUG likes this