Photo

Musings on Mars and Venus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

Is it just me or does anyone else expect that Mars and Venus and other planets will form the basis of expansions/DLC for Destiny.

My MMO experience is with World of Warcraft, and WoW followed the pattern that each expansion created a new destination for players to explore. If Destiny follows that example, then the base game might be limited to Earth and possibly the Moon, with later expansions opening up Mars, Venus etc

Thoughts?

Margorintos

Margorintos

Recruit

• 23 posts

This is very likely but I think Bungie will know better than to just raise the level-cap (if there are levels, are there?) and shove a new planet in our faces. They will make sure we keep exploring and going to all the planets

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

This is very likely but I think Bungie will know better than to just raise the level-cap (if there are levels, are there?)

I'm pretty sure that the gameplay video shows an 'info plate' above the character's heads that includes a very conspicuous number. If that number isn't level, I'll be very surprised

Margorintos

Margorintos

Recruit

• 23 posts

I'm pretty sure that the gameplay video shows an 'info plate' above the character's heads that includes a very conspicuous number. If that number isn't level, I'll be very surprised

Ya I remembered that shortly after posting. They actually talk about levels and how people from different levels will be able to cooperate in things like public events. I'm guessing levels won't affect damage as much as the tools available to you. You probably get more space magic "spells" and get talentpoints which you can spend on altering the spells to suit your playstyle.

This is my guess based on the information I've gathered this far.

OnyxWarlock

OnyxWarlock

Time Travel Wardon

• 109 posts

Is it just me or does anyone else expect that Mars and Venus and other planets will form the basis of expansions/DLC for Destiny.

My MMO experience is with World of Warcraft, and WoW followed the pattern that each expansion created a new destination for players to explore. If Destiny follows that example, then the base game might be limited to Earth and possibly the Moon, with later expansions opening up Mars, Venus etc

Thoughts?

no its not limited to earth and the moon, according to Bungie we can explore Mars, Venus, Mercury, Saturn, Eropa, Titan, Earth and the moon at launch. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=crtWrxnry0g

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=y2Jx5__c1lY

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4251 posts

This is very likely but I think Bungie will know better than to just raise the level-cap (if there are levels, are there?) and shove a new planet in our faces. They will make sure we keep exploring and going to all the planets

We know there's experience to be gained, so there's definitely some sort of progression system.