Need to change

clothes

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

destinyfan no1

destinyfan no1

Recruit

• 28 posts

In the game will we be able to change our body armour e.g. could we change from titan suit 1 to titan suit 2? Please tell me. I'm also wondering what a royal titan is (It was mentioned somewhere) is there a monarchy in destiny?

DFn1

Jikar

Jikar

Risen from the Grave

• 333 posts

In the game will we be able to change our body armour e.g. could we change from titan suit 1 to titan suit 2? Please tell me. I'm also wondering what a royal titan is (It was mentioned somewhere) is there a monarchy in destiny?

DFn1

Armour will be modular, so there will be separate pieces for areas such as, say, the head, torso, or legs (just to name a few).

My best guess about the Royal Titan is that it's a separate branch of what may be the Titan's skill tree, and by developing down certain lines of the skill tree may make you a certain type of your chosen class.

That, or it's associated with some other factor in the gameplay.

• Colmarr likes this

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

Armour will be modular, so there will be separate pieces for areas such as, say, the head, torso, or legs (just to name a few).

If you have a look at the armour customisation options in Halo: Reach (Bungie's last Halo game), there are many more than three points of customisation. http://veegie.com/Vanity/ shows 8 points (helmet, left shoulder, right shoulder, chest, wrist, utility, visor colour and knee guards). I would expect Destiny to have at least that many. Standard MMOs usually have (I believe) head, shoulders, chest, back, waist, legs, boots and one or more utility slots.

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts
They might add accessories, who knows? Or maybe even subsets/style options that let you look how you want no matter what you are wearing.

Jikar

Jikar

Risen from the Grave

• 333 posts

That would be cool, having the option of using your standard armour set, or applying a cosmetic armour set which doesn't affect your base armour's stats

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

That would be cool, having the option of using your standard armour set, or applying a cosmetic armour set which doesn't affect your base armour's stats

I really like the way DC Online does it. I've seen it on Terraria too.

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

I'd be very surprised if they allowed complete cosmetic change.One of the drivers for many players is the desire to show of their elite equipment. You can't really do that if people can just cosmetically change their appearance. I'm pretty sure they'll allow colouring and perhaps emblems, but I don't think it'll go beyond that.

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

I'd be very surprised if they allowed complete cosmetic change. One of the drivers for many players is the desire to show of their elite equipment. You can't really do that if people can just cosmetically change their appearance. I'm pretty sure they'll allow colouring and perhaps emblems, but I don't think it'll go beyond that.

You can't customize your clothing to look like something you haven't earned though. Elite gear will still have to be obtained before you can equip it. Or they will be it with the micro transactions you love so much.

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

Or they will be it with the micro transactions you love so much.

Now, now. You're getting snarky again, Mykle. Between this, the smegma nut cup and the random potshots at my xbox predilictions, I'm starting to think you don't like me!

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts
No, I just don't like Micro$oft. The other things are just jokes. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't even talk to you. My point about the aesthetic armor stands.

Muffin Slapper Jr

Muffin Slapper Jr

Forum Lieutenant

• 269 posts

So you mean you basically how GW2 does it? You take 2 sets of armor in that game and can combine them...you can set which of the 2 skins you want and which of the 2 stats you want. I did it for all my armor :) Hate the 'elite' design, preferred the beginning armor sets.

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

So you mean you basically how GW2 does it? You take 2 sets of armor in that game and can combine them...you can set which of the 2 skins you want and which of the 2 stats you want. I did it for all my armor :) Hate the 'elite' design, preferred the beginning armor sets.

I really like the way DC online does it. You equip things out of your inventory like normal. You have a "Style" button that lets you customize how everyone sees your character. You can lock it so new armor doesn't change your appearance and you can choose any item you own/have ever equipped.

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

Hmm. I've never played either of those games so I wasn't aware of those systems. Interesting.

I think I'd be happy with the ability to customize colours (and perhaps textures) rather than making an item appear wholly different, but if they implement either of those systems I'd be happy enough.

Jikar

Jikar

Risen from the Grave

• 333 posts

I really like the way DC online does it. You equip things out of your inventory like normal. You have a "Style" button that lets you customize how everyone sees your character. You can lock it so new armor doesn't change your appearance and you can choose any item you own/have ever equipped.

Neverwinter does a similar thing as well, except there are separate types of items, fashion and armour

Colmarr

Colmarr

Forum Lieutenant

• 251 posts

Wow, all these games that allow 'cosmetic surgery' that I've never played.

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

Hmm. I've never played either of those games so I wasn't aware of those systems. Interesting.   I think I'd be happy with the ability to customize colours (and perhaps textures) rather than making an item appear wholly different, but if they implement either of those systems I'd be happy enough.

Oh yeah, you can customize your colors at any point in DCO too. It's not so much making an item appear different as it is not showing that item.

Muffin Slapper Jr

Muffin Slapper Jr

Forum Lieutenant

• 269 posts

Still look badass with cheap gear(only the arms were expensive...), just applying good stats(which did cost an arm and a leg)

Posted Image

Sierra y7

Sierra y7

Recruit

• 16 posts

I was tempted to post a picture of SWTOR right after that, lol

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

I was tempted to post a picture of SWTOR right after that, lol

Except swtor armor was awful and customization options were worse. How come you aren't using you normal account yet?