Destiny News! Raids! Economy! Trading System!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Sierra 777

Sierra 777

Straight from Bungie's web site.

• Noles likes this

Cui

Cui

Raids...? Hell to the YEAH

Mykle

Mykle

Raids...?

Hell to the YEAH

of course. did you just think you could walk in, get the loot and be on your merry way?

Thakaz

Thakaz

That's a freakishly long thumb.

Cui

Cui

of course. did you just think you could walk in, get the loot and be on your merry way?

I'm surprised to see raids in any non "mmo" at all, this should be really interesting.

Destiny seems to keep getting better and better

Mykle

Mykle

Idc what they say, it's an mmo. Sure they don't want the stigma but by definition, that's what it is.

Sierra 777

Sierra 777

Idc what they say, it's an mmo. Sure they don't want the stigma but by definition, that's what it is.

Your half right. its a mMO, Miniature Multiplayer Online. So instead of 10,000 per server in a mmo itll be like 500 per server. :)

Mykle

Mykle

where'd you hear that? I thought it was going to be less server based and more instance based. It is a presumption on my part for sure but it seems like the best way to get connected with someone who is actually in your vicinity. It will be hard to get randomly teamed up with another guardian that's working on the same objective if there are only 500 on the server. It would be a god damned ghost town.

Sierra 777

Sierra 777

where'd you hear that? I thought it was going to be less server based and more instance based. It is a presumption on my part for sure but it seems like the best way to get connected with someone who is actually in your vicinity. It will be hard to get randomly teamed up with another guardian that's working on the same objective if there are only 500 on the server. It would be a god damned ghost town.

I know its less server based. I was using a example on why its not a mmo but a SWS. Shared World Shooter. It just has mmo elements. I have no idea what awaits us in Destiny on the side of multiplayer. But I know the City will be open to anyone. :)

Mykle

Mykle

shared world shooter is something they made up. massively multiplayer online is a very accurate description of a game that allows many people to connect with each other in the same game. it will be an ever changing, first person shooter, dynamic mmo.

crazyskyrimfan2120

crazyskyrimfan2120

So its gonna be like a modern vesion of Skyim

Mykle

Mykle

So its gonna be like a modern vesion of Skyim

What? No, nothing like skyrim. Skyrim does not have raids or a trading system. Their economy was fucked and the entire game was single player. Skyrim also had the main character stuck on one continent with a very straight forward campaign (kind of short btw). Once you completed the quests, there was nothing left to do.

Destiny will span our solar system (for now) and the game will change over time based on the collective player's actions. There will always be something to do even if it's repeating a raid. Have you heard what they are doing with the weather system? It's insane. It will be completely unpredictable once it is placed in game.

This game isn't going to be like any other one game. If I had to try, it's be like mass effect, halo, Eve, borderlands and WoW but 20 times better. I really think this game is the future of fps games.

Thakaz

Thakaz

I'm gunna name my character Debo and ride around town on a creaky bike. Tuck yo chains

Mykle

Mykle

I'm gunna name my character Debo and ride around town on a creaky bike. Tuck yo chains

Like you should.