Weapons That go Bang

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Combat? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Combat?

1. CQB (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. CQC(there is a difference) (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Long range (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

4. Mid range (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

5. Support(heals,buffs,etc.) (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

dapo3t

dapo3t

what kind of weapons will be in your arsenal? powers, shields, perks, customs, etc.

Dez X

Dez X

I will most likely use a Human Hunter with Snipers for long range and Pistols for CQB.

Mykle

Mykle

Pistol, sword, knives, cloak, shield and maybe a sniper rifle.

Patricko

Patricko

Mid-range + Long-range :) I'm an weapon type guy, don't really like swords, knives, etc. Assault rifles + Snipers are something what I like the most. I'm really looking forward to be able to have more than just 2 weapons at once.

Sierra 777

Sierra 777

Well since I'm a Exo Titan I'll just go with a Rocket Launcher/ Heavy Machine Gun Combo. :)

Mykle

Mykle

Well since I'm a Exo Titan I'll just go with a Rocket Launcher/ Heavy Machine Gun Combo. :)

Do you think you'll get to have rockets as a main weapon ala borderlands/defiance?

Sierra 777

Sierra 777

Do you think you'll get to have rockets as a main weapon ala borderlands/defiance?

I assume so. Im finding a lot of Borderlands similarities in Destiny Rumors.

Mykle

Mykle

Yuck. That means the enemies are going to be stupid with shields/health. I would like to see some halo CE based mechanics when it comes to killing enemies. It doesn't appeal to me to have to shoot an enemy in the face 6 times for it to die. Watch a YouTube vid of a four man team fighting a tanker in defiance and you'll see how bs it is.

Thor Titan

Thor Titan

i wonder if gravity is gunna come into play during the game, different planets different gravitational pulls, if thats the case could the rocket launcher types be affected? Everyone is going to use the snipers at some point since everyone fancies themselves an awesome sniper, but my base weapon would be mid-range assault, nothing too exciting but it gets the job done

Patricko

Patricko

i wonder if gravity is gunna come into play during the game, different planets different gravitational pulls, if thats the case could the rocket launcher types be affected? Everyone is going to use the snipers at some point since everyone fancies themselves an awesome sniper, but my base weapon would be mid-range assault, nothing too exciting but it gets the job done

Hmm...from my experience in first Borderlands...sniper rifle isn't as good as it should be, of course not if we are playing alone.
It has the power, that's for sure...but with large number of enemies...well...it sucks :) And if they are fast...well...we are dead.
But we don't know how strong enemies will be in Destiny. I just hope, that we won't have to shot them 10 times in the head to kill them (I mean normal enemies, not bosses or enemies on raids).

It would be awesome, if we could hide in some mountains, and kill them one by one with sniper.
Enemies would running and yelling, or hiding and just peeking from time to time, without exactly knowing our location.
But once again...it would be to easy and too boring :)

Thor Titan

Thor Titan

Hmm...from my experience in first Borderlands...sniper rifle isn't as good as it should be, of course not if we are playing alone.
It has the power, that's for sure...but with large number of enemies...well...it sucks :) And if they are fast...well...we are dead.
But we don't know how strong enemies will be in Destiny. I just hope, that we won't have to shot them 10 times in the head to kill them (I mean normal enemies, not bosses or enemies on raids).

It would be awesome, if we could hide in some mountains, and kill them one by one with sniper.
Enemies would running and yelling, or hiding and just peeking from time to time, without exactly knowing our location.
But once again...it would be to easy and too boring :)

hopefully they make the sniper as it is suppose to be used, very overpowered but very slow. its a support weapon ya know? so while Im drawing attention as a titan on the ground there is a hunter on a tower somewhere sniping people. Im sure they are going to so they can emphasis teamwork and social game play. it would be cool if enemies took damage we could see, like armor falling off, broken bones, bleeding from slots in armor. Im sure different enemies will have different styles of armor, which brings to question if there will be different types of ammo to deal damage to different armors...so if your not well supplied for the situatino maybe it will take 10 shots to the head,or 2. All i know is this game has so much promise its amazing.

Patricko

Patricko

it would be cool if enemies took damage we could see, like armor falling off, broken bones, bleeding from slots in armor.

Oh yes! Next generation will allow them to do it without a doubt!
Question is...how it will work on current gen?
This game is so big that I'm even wondering how it will look and work on current gens.
It must be cut really hard for the current gens to be able to run it smoothly (like BF3 on consoles).

I hope that current gen version and next gen version will be 2 different games.
Next gen version will be the exactly what it should be :) At least I hope so.

Thor Titan

Thor Titan

Oh yes! Next generation will allow them to do it without a doubt!
Question is...how it will work on current gen?
This game is so big that I'm even wondering how it will look and work on current gens.
It must be cut really hard for the current gens to be able to run it smoothly (like BF3 on consoles).

I hope that current gen version and next gen version will be 2 different games.
Next gen version will be the exactly what it should be :) At least I hope so.

I dont know...it might just have a lot smaller areas and way more loading on the current gen. or a lot more downloading before you can even play the game. Next gen Im sure things will run smoothly all together though. Gunna have to download like 3 or 4 discs on current gens before playing I bet! lol Im worried about the next xbox though so I honestly dont know. the game is going to have a 10 year life though, so Im sure things will adapt as the game gains popularity and they get feedback. they are trying to change the entire industry with this game. so obviously there will be kinks to workout, its our job as fans to be patient and grateful(as long as they treat us fair). You Bring up an interesting point though, the game will run differently on the current gen, so will you beable to:

1. Start on a current gen but eventually move your character to the next gen console when you decide to move up?
2. Play with friends on different gen consoles?
3. Have access to the same areas(incase they are to involved for the current gen to support it)

so many questions >.<

Patricko

Patricko

The logical way out is that those versions will be completely different and separate. Current gens won't be able to play with next gens. But this goes with enormous costs, because they would have to keep servers for ps3/x360, and for separate for ps4/x720 (or whatever they name it). What I'm saying...I don't want, that the real Destiny would be slowed down by current gens. They should focus mainly on next-gens. Making game such a big on current gens is almost impossible to obtain. I can't imagine hundreds of people in the Cities on PS3 for example. Maybe they will cut connection to 24 or something like that, or maybe they will scale maps...dunno...will see. I think Destiny should be played only on next-gens :) This game is the next generation of gaming, not just "another game in space".

Thor Titan

Thor Titan

I agree, i guess we just need to wait and see how the new Xbox will be. cuz ill move to the PS4 if I cant play used games, and always need internet...that will hurt my soul a little bit. the way the game should be played is only possible on the next gen though your right. I hope everything turns out to be a perfect storm of things just working out even though there are so many questions about EVERYTHING.

Mykle

Mykle

I agree, i guess we just need to wait and see how the new Xbox will be. cuz ill move to the PS4 if I cant play used games, and always need internet...that will hurt my soul a little bit.

the way the game should be played is only possible on the next gen though your right. I hope everything turns out to be a perfect storm of things just working out even though there are so many questions about EVERYTHING.

You will be able to play used games on the xbox and Destiny will require constant Internet connection on every console. So far, though, my decision is up in the air.

I want to see some melee weapons from destiny

Thor Titan

Thor Titan

You will be able to play used games on the xbox and Destiny will require constant Internet connection on every console. So far, though, my decision is up in the air.

I want to see some melee weapons from destiny

I figured that would be the case with Destiny.

and I agree full-heartily! i think there should be as many possibilities as possible.