Photo

OMG! I finally did it

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5326 posts

It was a slog, but I finally got to Legend yesterday.  I have the Not Forgotten.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

It was a slog, but I finally got to Legend yesterday.  I have the Not Forgotten.  

Good Job !!! I have 28 more kills to get Randy's Throwing Knife and I'm Heroic II , maybe just maybe this season I'll get Recluse ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5326 posts

Good Job !!! I have 28 more kills to get Randy's Throwing Knife and I'm Heroic II , maybe just maybe this season I'll get Recluse ! 

I know you're going for the "I did it" moments.  Which is what I was doing when I completed the NF stuff.   I know it will be sunseted next season (3 months from now) but I wanted to complete it.

But I don't even use Recluse anymore.  Get a well rolled Gnawing Hunter.  It'll out do Recluse any day in PvE and many PvP engagements. Once Recluse it sunset, I doubt I'll ever bring it out of retirement.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

I know you're going for the "I did it" moments.  Which is what I was doing when I completed the NF stuff.   I know it will be sunseted next season (3 months from now) but I wanted to complete it.

But I don't even use Recluse anymore.  Get a well rolled Gnawing Hunter.  It'll out do Recluse any day in PvE and many PvP engagements. Once Recluse it sunset, I doubt I'll ever bring it out of retirement.  

I already have 3  good Gnawing Hungers ! If I get the Recluse great , if I don't no big deal ! I never really was much of an SMG user ,  a little too jumpy for me !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5326 posts

I already have 3  good Gnawing Hungers ! If I get the Recluse great , if I don't no big deal ! I never really was much of an SMG user ,  a little too jumpy for me !

I hated Recluse in PvP.  It was too something.   I was rarely in the sweet spot for the gun.  But there was a few times I was shredding with it.  But it was the range that did it for me.  It is a great gun for PvE add clears. However, Gnawing Hunger is just as good and you have much more range.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

I got Randys Throwing Knife , and I must say it was worth the grind !! Too bad it's going to but sunset come November , I'm gonna use the hell outta of it til then !! 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5326 posts

I got Randys Throwing Knife , and I must say it was worth the grind !! Too bad it's going to but sunset come November , I'm gonna use the hell outta of it til then !! 

Congrats!

Yes.  It is a fantastic rifle.  And yes, it sucks it's going to be sunset.  Hopefully there will be something else just as good to grind for.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

Now on to get Recluse , don't really need it or want it , just want to give it a go to try and get it , I'm Heroic II now and I have enough time to get it one way or another !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5326 posts

Now on to get Recluse , don't really need it or want it , just want to give it a go to try and get it , I'm Heroic II now and I have enough time to get it one way or another !

You can do it!!!

It's a fun weapon.  But I'm done with it.  Have you got the mountaintop yet?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

You can do it!!!

It's a fun weapon.  But I'm done with it.  Have you got the mountaintop yet?

No , no mountaintop for me IMO those grenade launchers are useless (even though I get my ass handed to me from them in the Crucible ) !! You shoot a grenade and instead of hitting the target it bounces all over the place and doesn't do shit !! Not my type of weapon , just like all the raid mechanics aren't the type of things I like either , probably why I'm liking the Crucible more these days I just want to shoot stuff !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5326 posts

No , no mountaintop for me IMO those grenade launchers are useless (even though I get my ass handed to me from them in the Crucible ) !! You shoot a grenade and instead of hitting the target it bounces all over the place and doesn't do shit !! Not my type of weapon , just like all the raid mechanics aren't the type of things I like either , probably why I'm liking the Crucible more these days I just want to shoot stuff !! 

Yes, normal grenade launchers have and arc in their trajectory and you have to figure out where to explode them.

What is fantastic about the Mountaintop is that it shoots straight, no arc.  It explodes on impact, no bouncing.  

I had to pull it out in comp yesterday to counter a fusion rifle guy.  He was really good with it.  I needed a one hit kill weapon with range.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

Yes, normal grenade launchers have and arc in their trajectory and you have to figure out where to explode them.

What is fantastic about the Mountaintop is that it shoots straight, no arc.  It explodes on impact, no bouncing.  

I had to pull it out in comp yesterday to counter a fusion rifle guy.  He was really good with it.  I needed a one hit kill weapon with range.

That's why a I wish I was good with a sniper rifle , I got 2 god roll Ikelos and I'm not very good with snipers !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5326 posts

That's why a I wish I was good with a sniper rifle , I got 2 god roll Ikelos and I'm not very good with snipers !

I'm not good with a sniper.  I can't run, stop and snipe very well.  I would have to hard scope and 6v6 is too hectic to do so. I've tried my hand in Comp with sniper and have done moderately okay.  But when you're playing with people who are trying to increase their Glory score, I try not to "experiment".  But if we're just playing for LOLs I have tried when I deemed necessary.  I got two headshots.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

I'm not good with a sniper.  I can't run, stop and snipe very well.  I would have to hard scope and 6v6 is too hectic to do so. I've tried my hand in Comp with sniper and have done moderately okay.  But when you're playing with people who are trying to increase their Glory score, I try not to "experiment".  But if we're just playing for LOLs I have tried when I deemed necessary.  I got two headshots.  

I'm one of those people who are trying to raise their glory score ! I usually go run around the "church" in the EDZ and try out different weapons and see which work and which ones don't , but it still doesn't help in the Crucible (age is catching up with me ) !

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

Well I got the Recluse and I must say I'm slightly disappointed it's not the gun everyone is making it out to be so far (haven't tried it in PVE) , at least I did enjoy the grind somewhat anymore Survival is more fun than any other Crucible mode , now lets see if I can get to Legendary before the end of the season !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5326 posts

Well I got the Recluse and I must say I'm slightly disappointed it's not the gun everyone is making it out to be so far (haven't tried it in PVE) , at least I did enjoy the grind somewhat anymore Survival is more fun than any other Crucible mode , now lets see if I can get to Legendary before the end of the season !! 

Unfortunately, it's not.  It's been nerfed some and just not as strong.  I used to use it in Raids and it wiped.  Now I use Gnawing Hunger as I get more range. 

In PvP it's very situational.  If you get that first kill and there are others lined up, it can melt if you get the shots.  I've done it a couple of times.  I don't like to be that close if I don't have to.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

Unfortunately, it's not.  It's been nerfed some and just not as strong.  I used to use it in Raids and it wiped.  Now I use Gnawing Hunger as I get more range. 

In PvP it's very situational.  If you get that first kill and there are others lined up, it can melt if you get the shots.  I've done it a couple of times.  I don't like to be that close if I don't have to.

I agree if I don't have to get close I'm not going to . I also prefer Gnawing Hunger , I don't know how but some people get amazing amounts of range out of it , I sometime think they are cheating but figure they are probably 10 and have great RT !!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5326 posts

ARs need a range nerf.

They really need to go back through and set the ranges. I should not be getting mapped on Vostok by a Summoner when I'm using Jade Rabbit.

• Vipertec likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

ARs need a range nerf.

They really need to go back through and set the ranges. I should not be getting mapped on Vostok by a Summoner when I'm using Jade Rabbit.

you got that right !! I been getting nailed by Gnawing hunger from across the map also , but I don't get that kind of range out of it in PVP , go figure , in PVE  it has great range , in PVP not so much , maybe it's cause I'm old , getting old sux !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5326 posts

you got that right !! I been getting nailed by Gnawing hunger from across the map also , but I don't get that kind of range out of it in PVP , go figure , in PVE  it has great range , in PVP not so much , maybe it's cause I'm old , getting old sux !! 

Things I'd like to see happen:

1. ARs get a slight range nerf.  Bring them in so that scouts and pulses have better range.  Also reduce body shot damage a couple of clicks.

2. Arbalist reduce the aim assist 

3. Bastion increase the time between shots

True Vanguard put out a video last week about how gun skill is at an all time low in Destiny PvP.  I 100% agree with everything he outlines.  ARs have reduced PvP into AR spam.  Who needs accuracy when I can just put enough bullets out there to take care of it.

• Vipertec likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4401 posts

Things I'd like to see happen:

1. ARs get a slight range nerf.  Bring them in so that scouts and pulses have better range.  Also reduce body shot damage a couple of clicks.

2. Arbalist reduce the aim assist 

3. Bastion increase the time between shots

True Vanguard put out a video last week about how gun skill is at an all time low in Destiny PvP.  I 100% agree with everything he outlines.  ARs have reduced PvP into AR spam.  Who needs accuracy when I can just put enough bullets out there to take care of it.

I agree with you on the slight range nerf , especially on Gnawing Hunger (and yes I use that gun ) The other two I only run into now and then , I'd like to see Jotunn take out of the Crucible especially Survival and , hold on this is a big one ,I also like to see Spectral Blades get nerfed into the ground !! I can see those sneaky little MFer's until it's too late to do anything about it !! I also wouldn't mind if there were a Crucible mode with Kinetic and Energy weapons only ,(still no Jotunn ) , no supers, no grenades,no melee , just straight up shootem' down ! I also think they need to have a freelance mode for Control and such , I tried of running into stacked teams and getting stomped !