Photo

Season of the Worthless

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4380 posts

Am I the only one who thinks the new season is a total waste of time ?? you grind out all these tower events and the it cost 150. to upgrade one node , I'm not doing it, nope . I up graded the first row in the EDZ bunker and that's all i'm doing , decided I'm going to spend my time working on getting Redrix , and getting my Wayfarer seal (need 5 mars heroic adventures and the Osprey rocket launcher) to get it . 

The new season is a whole lot of grinding to get a whole lot of nothing can't even do weapon bounties without upgrading the bunker fully , I don't have that kind of time !!! I'm an "essential" worker so I don't have time off during this pandemic like most people , I still have to go to work every day !!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5308 posts

Am I the only one who thinks the new season is a total waste of time ?? you grind out all these tower events and the it cost 150. to upgrade one node , I'm not doing it, nope . I up graded the first row in the EDZ bunker and that's all i'm doing , decided I'm going to spend my time working on getting Redrix , and getting my Wayfarer seal (need 5 mars heroic adventures and the Osprey rocket launcher) to get it . 

The new season is a whole lot of grinding to get a whole lot of nothing can't even do weapon bounties without upgrading the bunker fully , I don't have that kind of time !!! I'm an "essential" worker so I don't have time off during this pandemic like most people , I still have to go to work every day !!

It's a very odd season.

The bunker upgrades were odd.  Once I found out I needed to upgrade by column, not row.  And that I need to upgrade the 6th (cost) and 4th columns.  It made it easier.  4th column gets you bits for doing crucible, and stuff.  

I am finding I'll just do what I want to do, and then upgrade the bunkers when I get enough bits.  I've not run many tower events.  I'm really not trying to hard.  I am focusing on Comp and just mindless stuff.

I am also an essential worker.  But I'm working from home. I work 10 hours days, and still have time to play in the evening.  I'm getting things done, but I'm not clamoring to get them done.

SpectralPaladin

SpectralPaladin

Forum Sergeant

• 118 posts

It's a good season to barely have time during.  The only thing I want really is Xur to show up with Citan's Ramparts...I'm tired of him bringing nothing I want for my Titan and this is something that finally makes the big Barricade feel useful. XD

Honestly, this season is way too PvP-focused.  You feel like all you do is bounty grind.  There are no rituals to chase, just grind, grind, grind, do a Public Event with a bunch of rediculously powerful enemies that rush you, get annoyed that the only worthwhile exotics to use are Eriana's Vow, Divinity (which I don't have), and Devil's Ruin.  I don't care about ToO because I'm not good enough to get there without a carry, and honestly, I don't like dealing with cheaters anyways...they make you hate playing.

Season of the Worthy and Undying had a gameplay loop that felt rewarding, with great catch-up mechanics.  This season feels lackluster there.  All I really do is go on to do the Black Armory weeklies to make my last 4 frames for Jotunn and Le Monarque.  Also, let's be real...the Sundial was repetitive...but it was fun. Seraph Towers...are not.

Bungie, we say this all the time: Don't listen to HC players 95% of the time.  If Datto says he feels too rewarded and that stuff is too easy, give him Grandmaster Nightfalls, but otherwise, let it wash over you.  He isn't the majority, and the rest of us are tired of feeling like you cater to the wrong people.

• Vipertec likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4380 posts

It's a good season to barely have time during.  The only thing I want really is Xur to show up with Citan's Ramparts...I'm tired of him bringing nothing I want for my Titan and this is something that finally makes the big Barricade feel useful. XD

Honestly, this season is way too PvP-focused.  You feel like all you do is bounty grind.  There are no rituals to chase, just grind, grind, grind, do a Public Event with a bunch of rediculously powerful enemies that rush you, get annoyed that the only worthwhile exotics to use are Eriana's Vow, Divinity (which I don't have), and Devil's Ruin.  I don't care about ToO because I'm not good enough to get there without a carry, and honestly, I don't like dealing with cheaters anyways...they make you hate playing.

Season of the Worthy and Undying had a gameplay loop that felt rewarding, with great catch-up mechanics.  This season feels lackluster there.  All I really do is go on to do the Black Armory weeklies to make my last 4 frames for Jotunn and Le Monarque.  Also, let's be real...the Sundial was repetitive...but it was fun. Seraph Towers...are not.

Bungie, we say this all the time: Don't listen to HC players 95% of the time.  If Datto says he feels too rewarded and that stuff is too easy, give him Grandmaster Nightfalls, but otherwise, let it wash over you.  He isn't the majority, and the rest of us are tired of feeling like you cater to the wrong people.

From what I hear ToO cheater are mainly on PC not on console , but you still have to have a Fireteam so like me I out , I'm working on getting Redrixs Broadsword , I still have a cuple rumble  matches and 25 survival matches to play , and I have to reset my valor 5 times which probably won't happen ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5308 posts

From what I hear ToO cheater are mainly on PC not on console , but you still have to have a Fireteam so like me I out , I'm working on getting Redrixs Broadsword , I still have a cuple rumble  matches and 25 survival matches to play , and I have to reset my valor 5 times which probably won't happen ! 

Play during double/triple valor.  I've reset 8 times during an Iron Banner week before.  

I think some folks on console are still getting DDOSed in Trials.  Sad.  I've seen some of the cheater videos on PC and wow. How do they think they're going to get away with that?  Also, I wonder how many are account recoveries?  Those are folks who pay to have someone else use their account and get them flawless.  If the recoverer is cheating, they can get the recoveree banned. Bad things man.  It's just not worth it.

The only pinnacle I don't have is Not Forgotten. If I don't get it, I don't. But I'm trying. I'm 2750 right now.  Got to 4200 last season.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4380 posts

Play during double/triple valor.  I've reset 8 times during an Iron Banner week before.  

I think some folks on console are still getting DDOSed in Trials.  Sad.  I've seen some of the cheater videos on PC and wow. How do they think they're going to get away with that?  Also, I wonder how many are account recoveries?  Those are folks who pay to have someone else use their account and get them flawless.  If the recoverer is cheating, they can get the recoveree banned. Bad things man.  It's just not worth it.

The only pinnacle I don't have is Not Forgotten. If I don't get it, I don't. But I'm trying. I'm 2750 right now.  Got to 4200 last season.

Good Luck getting Not Forgotten . I can only play so much Crucible before I get mad , not so much at other players but at myself , my reaction time isn't what it used to be and playing against the "kids" who are quick gets me upset ! The last time I tried to get TLW I almost put my controller thru the TV ,goood thing I didn't or I wouldn't be playing anymore , so I came to peace with the fact the I won't have that gun and I'm ok with it ........for now!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5308 posts

Good Luck getting Not Forgotten . I can only play so much Crucible before I get mad , not so much at other players but at myself , my reaction time isn't what it used to be and playing against the "kids" who are quick gets me upset ! The last time I tried to get TLW I almost put my controller thru the TV ,goood thing I didn't or I wouldn't be playing anymore , so I came to peace with the fact the I won't have that gun and I'm ok with it ........for now!

I doubt I'll get NF.  I get about 3000 glory on my own and then peter out.  

My reaction times are slower as well.  Which is one reason I got a Scuf controller.  I couldn't do half the stuff I do without it.  At least the jump.  I have CMC arthritis in my right thumb.  Basically, I have no cartilage at the base of my thumb and it hurts most of the time.  So moving it to his O to jump was killing me.  

I get mad at myself as well.  I'll be like, well, that was a bad decision.  But it's all learning experience.  I'm working on how to overcome some of my shortcomings with the younger crowd.  My one flaw is it if is a close up one on one, I'm toast.  I always lose my bearings if were right on top of each other.  But the longer engagements I tend to win.  

Also, if you're an AR guy, try Duty Bound.  It's the Legendary AR weapon you get from running the Savathun's Song NF.  I've been running it this weekend and have been wrecking with it. I'm trying to run non meta weapons.  I switch back to Hard Light at times when I come across a HL spamming team.

Happy Belated Easter, I hope you and yours are all safe and sound at home.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4380 posts

I doubt I'll get NF.  I get about 3000 glory on my own and then peter out.  

My reaction times are slower as well.  Which is one reason I got a Scuf controller.  I couldn't do half the stuff I do without it.  At least the jump.  I have CMC arthritis in my right thumb.  Basically, I have no cartilage at the base of my thumb and it hurts most of the time.  So moving it to his O to jump was killing me.  

I get mad at myself as well.  I'll be like, well, that was a bad decision.  But it's all learning experience.  I'm working on how to overcome some of my shortcomings with the younger crowd.  My one flaw is it if is a close up one on one, I'm toast.  I always lose my bearings if were right on top of each other.  But the longer engagements I tend to win.  

Also, if you're an AR guy, try Duty Bound.  It's the Legendary AR weapon you get from running the Savathun's Song NF.  I've been running it this weekend and have been wrecking with it. I'm trying to run non meta weapons.  I switch back to Hard Light at times when I come across a HL spamming team.

Happy Belated Easter, I hope you and yours are all safe and sound at home.

Belated Happy Easter to you also !! I have arthritis in my left thumb , this is what made me give up archery which was heart breaking ! I'm working on getting Redrix's but 5 resets ids going to be tough for me time wise , I have 1 this season and working on 2 now , with IB coming tomorrow it will help but I don't know !

I farmed Savathuns song last time it was NF but I didn't get it so Ill use the hell outta Hardlight !! Gotta run my Walmart order is ready for pick up !!