Photo

The Lights are on but..................

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4353 posts

This used to be a busy place however with Discord and such , this isn't the place it once was , which to me is sad but there's not much I can do about it by myself , I come here not as much as I like , mainly because the time I used to spend here , I usually use that time now to work on things I need to do in Destiny (2)  but I still stop by whenever I'm on the pc in the AM .

So how is everyone enjoying Shadowkeep so far ?? Me I'm getting that Destiny 1 feeling again and it's becoming an obsession again !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5286 posts

Good morning Viper!!

Yeah, I feel the same way.  I enjoy the immediateness of Discord, but there are times I prefer the forum platform where you can ask a specific question and follow the thread of the answers and subsequent questions.  

But as a wise man once said. The times they are a changing...

Discord has gotten a little hectic for me.  Too many servers, too many people talking, conversation threads out of sequence.  I guess I'm showing my age.  LOL...

I am having fun with Shadowkeep.  I actually played my Titan and my Warlock for the first time in over a year.  I played my Hunter in the IB through the week. Saturday I did my Titan and got him to 950 base, Sunday I played my Warlock in IB and got him to 950 base.  I found I haven't finished Warmind on my Warlock.  I really didn't want to do the grind so I left them behind.  Now I feel I can play them when I want to and not feel behind. So kudos to Bungie for this change.

I'm liking the grind.  I still don't feel I have to do everything, I basically just did Iron Banner last week.  The past two nights I've been tired and only played for about an hour and just played some mindless Mayhem, But still don't feel like I'm behind.  I did get the Leviathan's Breath quest done.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5286 posts

https://twitter.com/...863118018936832

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4353 posts

Michael did you finally break down and get a Twitter account ??? If so DM me you Twitter "name" so I can follow you . 

I still haven't reached 950 yet on any on my 3 characters though I did get all 3 the Iron Banner armor sets , My 'Lock and Titan still have to do the Shadowkeep campaign , did you get to 950 just doing IB ?? 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5286 posts

Michael did you finally break down and get a Twitter account ??? If so DM me you Twitter "name" so I can follow you . 

I still haven't reached 950 yet on any on my 3 characters though I did get all 3 the Iron Banner armor sets , My 'Lock and Titan still have to do the Shadowkeep campaign , did you get to 950 just doing IB ?? 

Viper...

No, I do not have a Twitter account.  Bungie's Discord posts the tweets and I can read them.  You don't need a twitter account to be able to read them.

Yes, I got all three characters to 950 during IB.  I played the Shadowkeep campaign with my hunter, got him to 930, started IB, got him to 950.  Moved those weapons over to my Titan.  Pull some green "leveling' armor from collections and each time I got one, the base power level went up.  Then I grabbed the Titan armor from my Seasonal upgrades and it got me over 920. Then I played IB and that took me to 950 in an afternoon.  I did the same thing with my Warlock the next day.

• Vipertec likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4353 posts

I only did the campaign with my Hunter , and now hes 937 . Warlock and Titan are 932 and 931 , I don't think you can do the leveling armor thing after a certain , but I will check here in a few !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5286 posts

I only did the campaign with my Hunter , and now hes 937 . Warlock and Titan are 932 and 931 , I don't think you can do the leveling armor thing after a certain , but I will check here in a few !! 

I only did the leveling armor thing around 800-ish and did it a couple of times.  After that, it was just playing and pulling armor from my seasonal rewards.

• Vipertec likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Forum Colonel

• 1540 posts

You guys are still playing Destiny?  The grind finally did me in.  Got tired of feeling like I wasn't making any progress and falling behind.

So I switched gears and jumped into Anthem hoping that was better ... and that went about as well as a fart after binging on TacoBell for a week.

So broken, so incomplete and yet it felt like the norm for most games being released.

That more or less broke me and I just hung up my controller. 

Hope that you guys are doing well IRL.  Just figured I would pop in for old time sake.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5286 posts

You guys are still playing Destiny?  The grind finally did me in.  Got tired of feeling like I wasn't making any progress and falling behind.

So I switched gears and jumped into Anthem hoping that was better ... and that went about as well as a fart after binging on TacoBell for a week.

So broken, so incomplete and yet it felt like the norm for most games being released.

That more or less broke me and I just hung up my controller. 

Hope that you guys are doing well IRL.  Just figured I would pop in for old time sake.

Well Helloooooooooo!!!!!!!

Yup, still playing Destiny.  I haven't felt like starting anything else.

Not much going on here in the forums except for Viper and myself jabbering away.  Kind of sad really...  

IRL things are going well too.  I hope they are the same for you.

You should try Destiny again.  You can play for free now.  If you like it, you can then pay for what content you want.   

Good to see you on again.  Maybe more will come back for old time sake and we can turn all the lights back on here.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4353 posts

I'm still heres too grinding away at Destiny . I gave Anthem a try also and even though I liked it ,it just doesn't have the grip on me like Destiny does , with the release of Shadowkeep , I have that D1 feeling again !

templar72

templar72

Forum Lieutenant

• 154 posts

i love this forum, i dont like discord very much.

I like sharing advice or opinions or thoughts.

This game always drags me back to the grind, id rather have too much than too little.

• michael6745 likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4353 posts

There is always something to do , always , another reason I love this game !!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5286 posts

There's a point where I feel there is too much.  But then as Templar stated, I'd rather there be too much.  Some are complaining that there isn't enough.  It's never going to be the "right" balance.  I actually am not playing as many hours as I used to.  But I could see someone who no life's Destiny would run out of stuff to do.