Photo

Bungie says "lets nerf everything"

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

As everyone should know , Bungie plans on nerfing all the good Exotics coming up in the next season , even though I don't have Whisper of the Worm , I personally don't think there is anything wrong with thing the way they are so why mess with them , to make thing "more challenging" !! If you play Gambit or as I like to call it  "lets try to kill some bullet sponges" most things don't need to be more challenging , it' not all about the people who stream..............or is it ? 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

I think it has a lot to do with the new season.  

Frankly, the exotic weapons they're nerfing are all D1 exotics. We've been playing with them for 4 years.  If they bring in new exotics that are awesome to play with to take their place, I'm all for playing with new toys.

Whisper Of The Worm:

I don't understand why they brought back Black Hammer with the exact same perk they had issues with in D1 that made it not come forward in D1 Y2 and it became Black Spindle.  

If they fixed the ammo economy in D2, this wouldn't be an issue.  I can see, using all your heavy without reloading, then having to run around grabbing more heavy.  Instead of just standing there and taking shots until the moon is blue.  I personally miss critical hits a lot, so the perk never really did me good.  I have Whisper, and I don't use it.

Ace of Spades:

I'm iffy about this one.  I don't know who was calling for a nerf, but this gun really isn't a huge issue in PvP on console. I come across it a few times, but not prevalent like Luna's Howl.  But I can see that it will make you think before stowing the weapon.  That's the major change

Lord Of Wolves:

I don't understand this one.  I don't use it and I rarely see it used.  ??

Sleeper Stimulant:

The only thing I can say about this is, this nerf specifically hits the reflective bolts damage output.  So, I can only guess that they have a specific encounter in the new Raid that they're trying to protect.  Otherwise it makes no sense.

When it comes to the armor.  Well, that I feel a little more hot about.  Shards was already nerfed, why did it need another one?  Orpheous Rig, we'll see how it affects my game play. But I can't see it changing how I play Nightstalker in PvE.  There isn't any other exotic that I would want to use over it.  But again, we'll see, once I play with the nerf.

I don't see it as a bad thing, I see it as they're trying to balance things for future content.  But should they nerf the weapon because the game mechanics are bad or change the game mechanics to make the use of the weapon.  ??

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

Shards is ok the way it is , I don't see why they are nerfing it again !!! The one I'm worried about right now is Skull of Dire Ahamkara , there goes Nova bomb city !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

Shards is ok the way it is , I don't see why they are nerfing it again !!! The one I'm worried about right now is Skull of Dire Ahamkara , there goes Nova bomb city !! 

As I've heard many already say. Even with a nerf, there are no other exotics out there that do anything to make them want to use something different.

You're correct. Shards doesn't need another nerf.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

I'm surprised they aren't going after Thorn and Outbreak , I do use Thorn ,I don't have Outbreak , probably won't ever get it either (I don't do timed jumping puzzles!!!)

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

Truth is coming back!!!!

So is Khepris Sting... Question is... WHY!?!?!??!

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

Truth is coming back!!!!

So is Khepris Sting... Question is... WHY!?!?!??!

Khepris Sting had to be the most ugliest armor they ever put into the game and why are they bringing it back ?? I also noticed they are bringing back from the looks of the promo Astrocyte Verse another useless Exotic !! 

I'm not too excited about Truth coming back I never used it too much , I liked Gjallarhorn better and the fact that there's going to be a quest to get it , I tied of chasing around the old weapons that use to just drop (eventually) so I decided not to get aggravated and just play to have  fun !!

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

just play to have  fun !!

FINALLY!!!!!!!

I don't mind the quest to get the weapon.  Then you know the people put in the time to get it, not just RNG and then you're angry at RNG for not giving it to you in the first 100 tries to get it.

I agree, why are they bringing mostly useless D1 exotic armor.  hopefully they've updated it so it's relevant. But I didnt' like the KS as it was so ugly.  Plus in D1 I never took off my Young Ahamkara Spine off my hunter.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

FINALLY!!!!!!!

Plus in D1 I never took off my Young Ahamkara Spine off my hunter.

Once I got them I never took off Bones of Eao , I couldn't jump for shit without them ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

We will have to wait and see , till tomorrow !!! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

We will have to wait and see , till tomorrow !!! 

I'm actually excited. Much of the pre-hype is getting me going.  I just hope it's not all hype and there is some substance.  As you say... Tomorrow... But I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

This whole week can turn out to be exciting as on Thursday we are going to get a peek at whats coming in the future !! I'm very excited about today , looking forward to playing the "new" game mode Menagerie , and this time around , I may actually try to get the raid done , once I'm leveled up enough ! 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

This whole week can turn out to be exciting as on Thursday we are going to get a peek at whats coming in the future !! I'm very excited about today , looking forward to playing the "new" game mode Menagerie , and this time around , I may actually try to get the raid done , once I'm leveled up enough ! 

Well?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

Well?

Haven't had the time to play Menagerie yet , to much IRL going on , my friend said it takes about 1/2 hr to 45 mins to complete . I may have time this weekend , but considering it's a Mayhem week I'm trying to finally finish TLW quest can you say Nova Bomb !! Yes I'm going to use my 'lock don't judge me !  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

Haven't had the time to play Menagerie yet , to much IRL going on , my friend said it takes about 1/2 hr to 45 mins to complete . I may have time this weekend , but considering it's a Mayhem week I'm trying to finally finish TLW quest can you say Nova Bomb !! Yes I'm going to use my 'lock don't judge me !  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

After 94 games of Mayhem, I got my first Valor reset done of Season 7.  

I actually had someone message me after beating them in Mayhem.  We both had 14 kills, but I beat him on damage output. He wrote me "Trash".  It's Mayhem.  It's all trash.. LOL..

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

I finally gave up on TLW quest , every time I made some progress the next match I would lose it all , and yes I'm staying back and not playing my usual aggressive style, I don't have the RT to keep up with the "kids" anymore. 

I did get to play Menagerie a couple time this weekend and it was fun , kind of like a mini raid/strike/horde mode all wrapped into one, there were only 2  thing I didn't like about it , the enemies are all bullet sponges and the rewards , even though they are a higher power,are the same old crap !! Otherwise it was fun !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

I finally gave up on TLW quest , every time I made some progress the next match I would lose it all , and yes I'm staying back and not playing my usual aggressive style, I don't have the RT to keep up with the "kids" anymore. 

I did get to play Menagerie a couple time this weekend and it was fun , kind of like a mini raid/strike/horde mode all wrapped into one, there were only 2  thing I didn't like about it , the enemies are all bullet sponges and the rewards , even though they are a higher power,are the same old crap !! Otherwise it was fun !! 

Menagerie is fun.  It's a little time consuing, but I'm sure as we go up in power level, it will get easier.  The point the mode is what we get to choose how our weapon is forged.  You put the runes in and you can get the weapon type, the master work type, etc...  We'll see if it is better than "The Forge"...

TLW quest, you just have to play to have fun.  when you're trying, you mess up.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

TLW quest, you just have to play to have fun.  when you're trying, you mess up.  

That's why I'm just leaving it alone and not deleting it , I do seem to make more progress when I use guns and not supers , I'm not too concerned about it as I'll never use the dam thing anyway , it has way to much kick for my liking . 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

That's why I'm just leaving it alone and not deleting it , I do seem to make more progress when I use guns and not supers , I'm not too concerned about it as I'll never use the dam thing anyway , it has way to much kick for my liking . 

I've used mine a few times in comp. But other than that, I keep her shined up and sitting on the mantle.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

Now the Truth quest is available and while I know I can get it done I don't know if I want to waste all the time it's going take to get it , as I was never a big fan of it in D1  , I'll probably never use it , but we'll see ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

Look at it this way. It's a check box of things to do.  Work on it when you want, and do other things you want to do in between.  When you get it done you get it done.  You don't need to have the gun, day 1.  But it's something to do when you are bored.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

Look at it this way. It's a check box of things to do.  Work on it when you want, and do other things you want to do in between.  When you get it done you get it done.  You don't need to have the gun, day 1.  But it's something to do when you are bored.

That's the way I'm going to do it , I'm not too concerned about it ,I'll get it when I get it , if I don't , it's no big deal !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5256 posts

That's the way I'm going to do it , I'm not too concerned about it ,I'll get it when I get it , if I don't , it's no big deal !

I got the Truth last night.  Took about 2 hours.  I did the cheese where I didn't have to do the NF's.  I was afraid they were going to patch it today with the Hotfix, but they didn't.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4321 posts

I got the Truth last night.  Took about 2 hours.  I did the cheese where I didn't have to do the NF's.  I was afraid they were going to patch it today with the Hotfix, but they didn't.

I tried doing the Ascendant Challenge with my 'Lock this morning , screw that , stupid friggin' jumping puzzle and when you die you start at the beginning , talk about rage quit !!!! I have to do that when I have lots of time as in the morning I have other things to do before work and I rushed it .