Photo

Black Armory DLC

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 209 posts

What are everyone's thoughts of the DLC so far?  For me I have yet to actually see the DLC other than a quest step that has me getting multi-kills with a power weapon.  I haven't been into any Forge or anything as I've heard you need to be a higher LL for it to matter.  But the fact that at launch we didn't have any new content to speak of, is very unusual.  I'm not sure I understand the thought process on that but we'll see in the weeks to come if they failed or are geniuses. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4287 posts

I finished all of the quest except the Forge part , I was kinda disappointed that you have to be higher power/ light level to do it (and survive) ,I'm not going to waste my time or anybody elses time if I can't at least be helpful and being only 554 I wouldn't be very helpful . Bungie did lower the level by 5 but that doesn't help me much so I've been trying to level up to do it !  

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5217 posts

Right now, I'm not too keen on this format.  I finished the first quest in less than an hour and then couldn't do the forge so I then just turned to my normal Destiny life of getting all the powerful engram tasks done.

Just watched the Raid.  It was okay.  But the first clear was completed in less than two hours.  So to me, it wasn't what I was expecting in length.  

For me, I am currently underwhelmed by this DLC.  

• sgtcoy and HockeyDad21 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5217 posts

I was listening to several podcasts this weekend and boy it's a mixed bag of thoughts on this DLC.

Fire Team Chat, they were not hapy.

Destiny Community Podcast, were actually happy with it, but thought there should be some bounties or something for those who weren't able to complete a forge to chase.

I haven't finished all the podcasts that I listen to so...

I can see both sides of this. 

1. If you're under 600 PL, you're not going to get anything from this DLC for quite some time.  

2. If you're not able to complete a forge activity because of bad matchmaking, then this DLC doesn't have much to offer yet.

I completed my first forge activity this weekend.  I have not been able to complete the second forge yet.  I'm still figuring out strategy and I keep getting MM with people in the low 600s, I'm not 610 with all my ugly gear on. None of it is set up for what I'm used to.  But I'm still figuring it out.  But until I was able to get that first forge done, I felt like I got nothing from the DLC.  I couldnt' even work on a single bounty while I kept trying the forge.  

I feel if they gave me a couple of bounties at least I bought something with my DLC.  LOL...

I'm rambling now.

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5217 posts

Well...  I've had a week to eat up some of this content and I've flipped flopped on how I feel.  I think I was just tired of a lot of things last week.

I understand that Bungie stated this was "end game" content from the beginning.  I still feel that they could have made some content that we could have done on the first day.  We're just used to having something to do first day.  Is that necessary, who knows.  But I can see how these forges coming online over time is a good thing.  I also was disappointed that no other vendors had their inventory changed.  It is all tied to the forges, so it just felt like well, I can't do a forge right now. So why play the same stuff getting the same stuff.  So I didn't play for 2 days.

I'm now 620 and have cleared the first forge 3 times and just finished the second forge last night.

I do have to say, the first two rounds of the second forge... RISK RUNNER...

• sgtcoy likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1894 posts

Tried the Forge when it came out and yeah - light level. So I just continued with my daily/weekly stuff. Right now, seems underwhelming but I am one of those casual players that just like to play to play, not burn through content.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4287 posts

I'm still not high enough to do a Forge , I've recently only been playing my Hunter and now he's 567 the grind is real ...............real slow , I do all the activities now I need to find a group to drag my ass thru the Last Wish . I will say while I'm disappointed that there was really nothing to do from day one , at least there will be something new to do in the near future ! 

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 209 posts

I played a couple of nights last week.  Ran through the forge several times got both the Machine Gun and the AR done.  The AR is just another 450 Auto Rifle.  Nothing great just the same type of gun since Uriels Gift.  Getting kinda bland.  I haven't had time to play since this weekend but I'm about to unlock the 2nd forge.  I think the forge needs to be tweaked a little bit.  Just some quirks and irritations that IMO need fixed.  For example, you fail a forge or beat a forge and decide to quit it takes you to orbit.  If all you wanted was to find different players to play with you have to re-fly back in sparrow race back down and then restart the forge.  Annoying but then again Destiny has always been good at wasting what time we have doing meaningless things.  Running all around the tower picking up bounties etc. 

I haven't even had time to get into the Last Wish ever (which I hope I can at some point) but after 1 week I was 621 LL and that was just running powerfuls on 2 toons.  I blow through the content and try to maximize my time.  But at this point I don't know what else there is to do besides chase the LL carrot that we always chase after every DLC.  Once we hit the Cap we just play to play and wait for the next increase.  It just feels like the game is in a lull right now.  Forsaken brought players back and I'm afraid this is going to drive them away again.  Just my opinion. 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 433 posts

The opinions on Black Armoury seem to be mixed at most points. Personally, I would've liked to have seen something more narratively driven, though Bungie had said that the next three drops with the Annual Pass would emphasise this less. Still grinding just to be able to do the Forge.
Also kinda sad that there weren't any new Exotic Armour pieces this time 'round. Even just two per class would've been cool. Just me?

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5217 posts

As I play Black Armory more.  My opinions are morphing.

I must admit that I don't think that this is the best DLC.  It does have problems.  Too many bugs.

I think they should have put the catch up mechanic in the original release.  I understand they wanted the content to be "end game" content.  I have absolutely NO issues with the end game part of BA.

My problem is for those who weren't even 600 when BA dropped, they get no benefit from new content.  There should have been something in there that gave those people a reason to grind and get to 600 quickly.  As it was, many just said, I'm just doing what I have been doing and left again.  

There are other minor things wrong with the BA, but for the most part, I'm happy with it, now that I'm leveling up pretty quickly. But felt left out at the beginning.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4287 posts

The grind is getting to be too much , my Hunter is 373 , my Warlock is 356 and my Titan is 545 and still has to kill the Barrons it's kind of hard to get to 600 when the same crap keeps dropping over and over and over , 3 set of Tangled web boots in the same day is just stupid !! I may make to a Forge by spring time at this rate !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5217 posts

I've decided I'm not going to do much with my titan and warlock.  I'm just playing my Hunter and I'm happy.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4287 posts

I've been running mostly my Hunter got him to 610 but I still want to wait til I'm a little higher before I try the first forge !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5217 posts

I've been running mostly my Hunter got him to 610 but I still want to wait til I'm a little higher before I try the first forge !

You should be able to do the forge at 610.  But it also depends on who you get MM with. if they're higher level, you should be good.  Just remember...  RISKRUNNER!!!!

I solo'd the third forge quest at 643.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4287 posts

You should be able to do the forge at 610.  But it also depends on who you get MM with. if they're higher level, you should be good.  Just remember...  RISKRUNNER!!!!

I solo'd the third forge quest at 643.  

I'm going to have to buy a Riskrunner out of my collections , I don't have , I did get a Graviton Lance from the Dark Monastery mission today !