Iron Banner - 10/16-10/23

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Wow.... Just Wow....

My first game of Iron Banner last night was intense.

I'm finally playing against normal teams that are paired well with my skill level.  They've been sweaty and fun.

My first game last night, it was back and fourth and then we got a few lock downs and built a good lead above them.  We were leading 144 to 129.  Cake walk to victory.. right?? 

I don't know what happened, but my team just fell asleep.  

They lock down the control points and came back and won 150 to 149.  

Just wow...  Great come back on their end...

I've played a couple matches on the new maps and boy, the learning curve on the new maps is high.  I have the least amount of kills on them as I'm still learning the ins and outs of the maps.  It doesn't help that my in real life play space has been mess with.

My play space is my living room.  We have a section couch that I sit on the floor in the "V" of the couch with my TV directly in front of me about 7' away.  We just bought a new couch. Another sectional, and gave the old one to our daughter who's moving into a new apartment.  She moved at the end of September and took the couch, and the new couch doesn't come until Oct 29th.  So I've been sitting further back and to the side as we have nowhere to sit in the living room now so I have to have my back to the wall. 

My whole perspective is off and it's messed with me.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

You should have kept the only couch till the day before the new one comes . You can't mess with a persons gaming setup especially when IB is on !! I'm finally getting wins on Midtown , I used to dread that map now I know it pretty well .  I like the new map on Titan I've had a couple matches on it and the Cabal base and Dreaming city one as well , I don't know them very well yet , Bannerfall is back to being a nightmare for me once again , I was on an undefeated streak on Bannerfall but the last match I had on there , we got our asses handed to us (all matchmaking) !!!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

You should have kept the only couch till the day before the new one comes . You can't mess with a persons gaming setup especially when IB is on !! I'm finally getting wins on Midtown , I used to dread that map now I know it pretty well .  I like the new map on Titan I've had a couple matches on it and the Cabal base and Dreaming city one as well , I don't know them very well yet , Bannerfall is back to being a nightmare for me once again , I was on an undefeated streak on Bannerfall but the last match I had on there , we got our asses handed to us (all matchmaking) !!!

Keeping the couch until the new one arrived was an option. But my daughter had a truck and friends lined up when she was moving out of her old apartment.  So, she took care of everything for the couch.  If I kept it, I'd have to rent a truck, and a sectional is not easy to move.  I was glad to not have to do anything about it.

Midtown is one of the maps that I use Jade Rabbit for.  I can challenge the snipers who are trying to get heavy.  

I'm finding most of my issues in Iron Banner is I'm under leveled.  I'm mid 570s and I'm constantly going up against 590 and 600s.  Usually, even if I have the drop on them, I leave then with a sliver of health and I'm dead.  

I did have a good run this weekend though.  It's the first day of IB that I always have issues with.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I got the Ace of Spades quest done , I used the Crimson during IB it was tough but not as difficult as I thought it was going to be , the Chaperone part is being a real P.I.T.A. but I'm not overly concerned about getting it as I will probably never use it , but I'll still try ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I got the Ace of Spades quest done , I used the Crimson during IB it was tough but not as difficult as I thought it was going to be , the Chaperone part is being a real P.I.T.A. but I'm not overly concerned about getting it as I will probably never use it , but I'll still try ! 

I have two more guardian kills in Gambit to go and it's mine.

I used the Lord of Wolves in the Crucible to get the shotgun kills.  I was trolling... LOL...

• Vipertec likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1891 posts

Never even touched IB. Was busy doing other things in D2 to even think about it. For some reason, IB in D2 has just been a big let down for me.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I have two more guardian kills in Gambit to go and it's mine.

I used the Lord of Wolves in the Crucible to get the shotgun kills.  I was trolling... LOL...

The shotgun kills weren't that bad , I'm having a hard time with the elemental kills in the Crucible , but I think I have it figured out , I got the Solar part done , now I'll try to get the Void done then the Arc, the Gambit part will definitely cause me real problems ( I haven't really played much Gambit) maybe 5 matches ??  

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

The shotgun kills weren't that bad , I'm having a hard time with the elemental kills in the Crucible , but I think I have it figured out , I got the Solar part done , now I'll try to get the Void done then the Arc, the Gambit part will definitely cause me real problems ( I haven't really played much Gambit) maybe 5 matches ??  

Just take the sleeper in, go invade.  Depending on the map, you can get a bunch of kills.  I cleared the opposing team three times in one match.  I don't think they were very good.

It also depends on who you're playing.  I've had good matches and really bad ones.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

Just take the sleeper in, go invade.  Depending on the map, you can get a bunch of kills.  I cleared the opposing team three times in one match.  I don't think they were very good.

It also depends on who you're playing.  I've had good matches and really bad ones.

I'm still working on the Crucible part , but that's what I was planning on doing !