I literally felt sick to my stomach

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Well...

I'll chalk yesterday up to just a bad day.

Monday I was not able to play Destiny as AT&T was out area wide.

Yesterday it took my an hour to get on due to the PlayStation Network being wonky.  I finally got on around 8pm CT.  One of the first things I did was go to Mars to do the Heroic Adventure with a FoTL mask on.  That completed and there were people doing EP.  I still need the shotgun and it's available this week so I stayed to do it.  It took 3 tries, to get enough people to complete all 7 levels. I was excited.  I run up to the chest.  "Decrypted Key Needed"....

My heart dropped.  My stomach did a flippity flop.  

I had an encrypted key, but I never decyrpted it.  I hopped on my sparrow, ran to Anna, got the key, came back and the chest was already gone.  I literally felt sick. I missed a chance to get the shotgun because I was just dumb.  

They started the EP again and we got the Ogre back, but everyone left and there were only two of us.  I was just numb.  

I went to play Iron Banner.  I played 3 games.  All three were against stacked teams with high light levels.  One game we got mercied 90 to 10.  After the EP issue, I said, I just need to leave for the night...

It was just a bad night for me.  *sigh*

To make matters worse, I just found out that the shotgun drops from the boss, not the chest.  So now I feel even more dumb that I did earlier.  *Sigh*

LOL...

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

You don't need to open the chest , the boss drops the weapons , I just need the sub machine gun I have the shotgun and sniper rifle , and sometimes the boss won't give you anything but shaders !! 

I feel your pain , the first time I finished level 7  and got nothing I was more then upset , now I stop by Mars on a pretty regular basis and usually get in on an EP event in progress .

Like you always tell me keep at it you'll get it !! ( I did get 5 precision hand canon kills in IB last night towards the Ace of Spades 20 more to go !)

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

You don't need to open the chest , the boss drops the weapons , I just need the sub machine gun I have the shotgun and sniper rifle , and sometimes the boss won't give you anything but shaders !! 

I feel your pain , the first time I finished level 7  and got nothing I was more then upset , now I stop by Mars on a pretty regular basis and usually get in on an EP event in progress .

Like you always tell me keep at it you'll get it !! ( I did get 5 precision hand canon kills in IB last night towards the Ace of Spades 20 more to go !)

What are you using for the precision kills?  I used Crimson and got it done pretty quickly.  Aim for the neck/chest area, the recoil will land the last shot on the head.

I know I'll get the EP shotgun.  I think I may have been tired, but when I did that to myself with the key, it took a lot of steam out of me.  

I had a better day yesterday.  I wasn't as tired.  I think I broke even on the win/loss ratio in IB.  All the try hards aren't out like they were on day 1. 

I am finding at mid 570s, I am having trouble with 590+ folks. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

What are you using for the precision kills?  I used Crimson and got it done pretty quickly.  Aim for the neck/chest area, the recoil will land the last shot on the head.

I know I'll get the EP shotgun.  I think I may have been tired, but when I did that to myself with the key, it took a lot of steam out of me.  I had a better day yesterday.  I wasn't as tired.  I think I broke even on the win/loss ratio in IB.  All the try hards aren't out like they were on day 1. 

I am finding at mid 570s, I am having trouble with 590+ folks.

Yep I'm using Crimson , I have 11 kills so far IB been pretty sweaty, especially when I'm only 522!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Yep I'm using Crimson , I have 11 kills so far IB been pretty sweaty, especially when I'm only 522!

You'd be better off trying to complete that part in regular QP.  You might just frustrate yourself in IB.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I only need 6 more , I have been dying ALOT !!

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 278 posts

Weapons don't come from chest, only armor.