Photo

Ascendant Challenge

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1891 posts

As someone who is 'slightly' afraid of heights, this past week's Ascendant Challenge was freaking me out at times. Just needed to put that out there.

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

As someone who is 'slightly' afraid of heights, this past week's Ascendant Challenge was freaking me out at times. Just needed to put that out there.

YEAH.  I have issues in Destiny when my guardian is falling that makes my insides flippity flop and that challenge was one of them.

• sgtcoy and HockeyDad21 like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I haven't done any Ascendant Challenges, I don't think I'm high enough light, that being said I did watch a video to see what was involved in that one and for yet another jumping puzzle (which everyone knows I hate ) it didn't look too horribly bad ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I think I did my first challenge in the high 530s low 540s...

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I think I did my first challenge in the high 530s low 540s...

Still only 518/520 depending if I run Sleeper or not , I'll wait ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Still only 518/520 depending if I run Sleeper or not , I'll wait ! 

520?!?!?!   Dude!!!  How?  If you run all the powerful engrams you can gain  5-10 levels a week.  ??

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

520?!?!?!   Dude!!!  How?  If you run all the powerful engrams you can gain  5-10 levels a week.  ??

I only get to play about an hour or so a day and sometimes I get so over whelmed with how much I have to do I say F@#K it and don't play at all , but mainly it's a time thing , hell I just got the EP shotgun a week or so ago finally , I'll probably reach maximum power by the time Destiny 3 comes out ,if I'm lucky ! 

• cuckoo-60 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I only get to play about an hour or so a day and sometimes I get so over whelmed with how much I have to do I say F@#K it and don't play at all , but mainly it's a time thing , hell I just got the EP shotgun a week or so ago finally , I'll probably reach maximum power by the time Destiny 3 comes out ,if I'm lucky ! 

I can understand that.  I haven't gotten to play as much as I wanted to until this weekend.

This weekend I was able to (only because it was raining)

1. Complete steps on the Chaperone Quest.  I'm on the 15 Gambit kills

2. Progress my Redrix Broadsword quest to the point of I now need 25 Competitive and 25 Rumble games

3. Reset my Valor for the second time. (3 more to go)...  Don't forget Double Valor 10/16-10/19 and triple valor 10/19-10/22.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

Yep , Iron Banner starts tomorrow ,I'm at 50% on hand cannon kills in strikes for the Ace of Spades , going to try and finish that up between tonight and tomorrow AM before reset , and I ran my Hunter thru the first part of the Forsaken campaign and I'm ready to pick a new sub class (can't decide) . I did manage to get EP sniper rifle this weekend too, now I just need the sub machine gun ! Still not getting good drop to raise my level , it's getting aggravating ,but I keep pushing on !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Well, we are in a better place as we are not complaining about not having enough time to do the content. Before we were complaining about not enough content.

When you get to the precision hand cannon kills in the crucible, the Crimson is great for that. Aim for the upper chest and the pull takes to you the face on the last (kill) shot.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

Your right.  Were now actually talking about having to much to do.  This coming week will be a tough one.  It is "Taken" week which brings back the mission in the dreaming city.  We have the chance to get the 3rd subclass, Iron Banner, all your powerful engrams.  Also isn't Festival of the lost or whatever its called starting this week as well???  Should be a week to spend many many hours in Destiny...  Also did they ever fix IB to give more "quality" drops? 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Your right.  Were now actually talking about having to much to do.  This coming week will be a tough one.  It is "Taken" week which brings back the mission in the dreaming city.  We have the chance to get the 3rd subclass, Iron Banner, all your powerful engrams.  Also isn't Festival of the lost or whatever its called starting this week as well???  Should be a week to spend many many hours in Destiny...  Also did they ever fix IB to give more "quality" drops? 

I got my Third subclass.  You get it when you do the Ascendant Challenge during the Taken week.  Something special happens at the end.  I won't spoil it, but that's when you get it.

They're fixing the IB somewhat where you the weekly bounties aren't so grindy.  They're lowing the amounts required to complete them.  They have said nothing about better post game drops.  We'll see if that happens.  But they agree that IB should be used to help raise your character's level.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

Yeah I got the 3rd subclass on 2 of my toons.  I didn't dive into the Dreaming City stuff due to Iron Banner.  I played maybe 7 games and won 6.  I have the bounties over half way done which is nice.  After the powerful drops I should be over 590 on both guys this week. 

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 147 posts

the ace of spades was the most satisfying for me.

I am not good at crucible but suddenly it clicked and in a few games i got what i wanted.  even the gambit kills.

stay strong.

im awful at jumping (those tomb ships lol).

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

Where do you go to to the Ascendant Challenge , and I know you go to the Dreaming City , but where in the Dreaming City , (I pretty much play by myself anymore ) so I don't know where to go ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Where do you go to to the Ascendant Challenge , and I know you go to the Dreaming City , but where in the Dreaming City , (I pretty much play by myself anymore ) so I don't know where to go ! 

I always have to go to YouTube for the current week ascendant challenge videos to find out where it is.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I have another question , is this something that can be done solo (I'm only 544 light) or do you need to have a full fireteam ?? Being that it has the Taken in it I know I'm not going to like it at all , probably why I'm not to fond of Gambit ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I have another question , is this something that can be done solo (I'm only 544 light) or do you need to have a full fireteam ?? Being that it has the Taken in it I know I'm not going to like it at all , probably why I'm not to fond of Gambit ! 

I did all but one solo.  it's going to be a little tough, but it can be done at 540.  That's when I started doing them.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I'll have to give it a try !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I'll have to give it a try !! 

The hardest part was the jumping puzzles inside of the challenge.  They are all jumping puzzles.  If you die, you start over.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

The hardest part was the jumping puzzles inside of the challenge.  They are all jumping puzzles.  If you die, you start over.

I'll try but I hate jumping puzzles arggghh