Photo

A better way to power level

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I was playing last night and realized something that may be obvious to most, but it wasn't to me until last night.

Doing your Dreaming City stuff gains your the highest light/power items.  For the past few weeks, I was leaving the Dreaming City stuff till the last minute.  I realized last night this was idiotic.

If you do your Offer to the Oracle first, you get a bunch of high power items.  Then as you do the rest of your dailies/weeklies, they'll be at a higher power level.  I was doing this backwards.  I would do the offer last, so I was cheating myself out of power level because I wasn't getting the benefit of those higher light items in my inventory.

Make sense?

Nevermind...

zrYOufn.png

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1245 posts

It makes sense to start with the dreaming city stuff. However I don't really understand how the powerful engrams work anyway, often times I'll get one (may it be from Ikoras 20 bounties thing or 5 crucible matches) and it'll turn out 5-10 light levels under mine. 

• Art of War likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1885 posts

That's a lot of info to process there but I see where it is trying to lead us. What I just basically do is take care of my weekly bounties for Ikora, Crucible, Hawthorne, Gambit and Shaxx, etc. Hang out at Blind Well to see if I can matchmake into an instance.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

. Hang out at Blind Well to see if I can matchmake into an instance.

What has never failed for me.

Take the left stair case, then take the right and go around into the blind well.  Whenever I do this, I see people in the well. If I go on the right stair case, the well is empty.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

I ride my sparrow up the right staircase backwards, close one eye, and hold my breath.  It almost always puts me in a blind well with multiple people. 

• Art of War likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4254 posts

I haven't found a problem finding people at the Blind Well , I haven't gotten anything really great out ,I did get an Exotic (Sunbreakers) would have rather gotten a new Exotic , but I'll take it ! 

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

I have the best way to power up easily... I gave my girlfriend my password and she plays my characters for me when I'm doing homework :D

• Vipertec and sgtcoy like this