Photo

Iron Banner

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

So, I've only played one Iron Banner in D2 and it was almost a year ago. I ended up getting 26 packages and most of the armor for my hunter. Is the armor going to be the same as before? I think all I need is the helmet. Also, what's the deal with the Iron Banner weapons? Will we be able to potentially get all the different weapons as rewards or only a couple weapons will be available.

It's been a while lol. Thanks! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

iron Banner this time will have the 

Scout

Pulse

Sniper

Grenade Launcher

Rocket Launcher

All items from packages, bounties, end of game drops will have random rolls.

Lord Saladin will be selling fixed perks.  I hear the RL will have tracking and cluster bombs.

I have ranked up my Iron Banner 175 times and I have 758 tokens left over from season 3.  

I'm worried about the power matters.  I'm only 526 and I know there will be some at 540...

• Art of War likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 430 posts

iron Banner this time will have the 

Scout

Pulse

Sniper

Grenade Launcher

Rocket Launcher

All items from packages, bounties, end of game drops will have random rolls.

Lord Saladin will be selling fixed perks.  I hear the RL will have tracking and cluster bombs.

I have ranked up my Iron Banner 175 times and I have 758 tokens left over from season 3.  

I'm worried about the power matters.  I'm only 526 and I know there will be some at 540...

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here as the guy who hasn't even completed the campaign yet. SURE. SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME.

I'm glad you'll at least have a chance, Michael. I'm too busy being stingy about the weapons I use, and subsequently progressing slower. I'll complain about it, but I sure as hell won't do anything about it.  :P

I feel like it needs to be said though... the new weapons look STUNNING. That Scout Rifle is so rubbing me the right way.

Side-note: Random rolls are also tripping me up at the moment. I got a Sidearm from Banshee, looked at the trait to work out what kind of weapon I was looking at, and then realised halfway through the Kaniks Adventure that it had Full-Auto Trigger System on it. FUN WAS HAD. Sure, it was totally inaccurate, but spraying with a pistol just feels so good.

• Art of War and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here as the guy who hasn't even completed the campaign yet. SURE. SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME.

I'm glad you'll at least have a chance, Michael. I'm too busy being stingy about the weapons I use, and subsequently progressing slower. I'll complain about it, but I sure as hell won't do anything about it.  :P

I feel like it needs to be said though... the new weapons look STUNNING. That Scout Rifle is so rubbing me the right way.

Side-note: Random rolls are also tripping me up at the moment. I got a Sidearm from Banshee, looked at the trait to work out what kind of weapon I was looking at, and then realised halfway through the Kaniks Adventure that it had Full-Auto Trigger System on it. FUN WAS HAD. Sure, it was totally inaccurate, but spraying with a pistol just feels so good.

We'll see if power really does matter. Does it add an significant increase in your ability to take down a lower power guardian, or is it a tiny buff?  I can see lots of lower power level people becoming really salty if it is significant.  

I'm torn on the new weapon look.  I think I need to see them and the armor up close and personal before I make a decision.  

I'm a scout rifle guy and so far I've been so underwhelmed by scout rifles in D2, even after Forsaken.  

• Art of War and sgtcoy like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

I played 5 games today and won 2.  1 game I was put into and immediately got end of game rewards.  I got the gauntlets and no weapons.  A clan member I was playing with was 510 or so and said that opponents who were higher light had a different symbol next to their name.  I don't think it affected him in the ability to kill but maybe getting killed a little faster.  But if you remember D1 had this as well and honestly it was such a non factor that you could hardly notice.  

In the 4 actual games I played 2 went to Mercy and the other 2 wasn't even close and should have been stopped.  Overall, not what I was looking for.  I would like the gear but would rather grind out Power Level to run the Raid this weekend.   

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I played 12 games of Iron Banner last night and won 4.  I blame the fact that my clan mate who was fire team lead has a higher ranking than me and we went up against some good people.  We were a 4 stack and lost of a 2 stack. 

This one guy was bouncing all over the place, shotgun's me from a distance and then before I could even flinch finishes me off with Ace of Spades. Then AoS's me from a mile away.  He was just spot on with this shots.  

I had fun though.  I spent the first few games trying to figure out how to do my loadout and have the highest light possible. Then I said screw it and just went with what I was comfortable with and started doing better.

I got to play on the new Convergence several times.  I like what they did with this map.

Oh, and I had 743 Iron Banner token left over from Season 3.  I spent 200 of them before I even stepped into the IB and I got at least one of each new Iron Banner item.  Not sure about them just yet.  Still getting my feet under me in the new IB.  I was not effective with the scout or pulse... yet...

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4256 posts

I played 4 Iron Banner matches last night , one I got thrown into at the end , and lost all 4  , for the most part I got slaughtered , my power was only 500 I don't known how much it mattered , but it wasn't a pleasant experience , all the drops I got were no Iron banner and duplicates of stuff I already have with different perks (nothing good) . I only have one more Baron to kill then I'll finish off Uldren and be done with the campaign on one character , I don't know if I'll be able to maintain 3 anymore , it's getting to be a bit much ! I'm starting to enjoy it more even though I still don't like the new economy !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I played 4 Iron Banner matches last night , one I got thrown into at the end , and lost all 4  , for the most part I got slaughtered , my power was only 500 I don't known how much it mattered , but it wasn't a pleasant experience , all the drops I got were no Iron banner and duplicates of stuff I already have with different perks (nothing good) . I only have one more Baron to kill then I'll finish off Uldren and be done with the campaign on one character , I don't know if I'll be able to maintain 3 anymore , it's getting to be a bit much ! I'm starting to enjoy it more even though I still don't like the new economy !! 

I've chosen to only run my Hunter right now.  Down the road, if I feel antsy, I'll work on my other two characters.  But one character is my limit where I find it enjoyable and not a chore.

I worked on my grill island last night so I didn't get to play much.

I played 1 game of Gambit.  I was in the animation to bank 11 motes, when I get hammered by an invading titan.  argh!!!  We won that match though. 

I played 3 games of IB.  Won one, lost two.  I am working on my Triumph to complete 5 matches in all IB gear.  

Now that day 1 IB is over, the MM is making the games "for me" a little more even.

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

I'm pretty happy with my experience with the new Iron Banner.  I've played 24 matches and won about 16 of them. I think I've gotten all available Iron Banner armor and weapon rewards (multiples loi) except for the scout rifle. I'm still not familiar with most of the maps so that's been a big challenge. In D1 I used to run with a Skorri's Revenge (pulse rifle) or a Grasp of Malok with my beloved Plan C. I've pretty much always liked to use a pulse and a fusion rifle in PvP. This Iron Banner I've been using a Go Figure pulse rifle and a Telesto and I'd guess my average K/D is around 1.5. Fun Times.

• sgtcoy likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4256 posts

I'm only short one piece of armor for my Warlock (chest piece ) hopefully it will drop today or tomorrow , I won't have time to finish the bounty ! 

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1885 posts

Those IB bounties are brutal. Good luck if you try to play 3 toons. Been only using my titan this week and don't think I'll even sniff getting those bounties done.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4256 posts

Those IB bounties are brutal. Good luck if you try to play 3 toons. Been only using my titan this week and don't think I'll even sniff getting those bounties done.

I only got one IB bounty done , I'm not in the mood to play tonight , I'll play when I wake up in the morning .

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

Yeah, those bounties were time consuming.  I got all of them done on one character and the 100 motes of light took the longest.  I had an empty house Saturday so I grinded until I reset my Valor.  The pulse rifle is about the only usable gun in the loot pool (to me) with a good roll the gun melts people. 

The positive about this IB is the tokens are dropping for a win 10 and a loss 5.  If you play a lot you rack up a ton of tokens.  I turned in enough on both of my alts to get full armor sets.  So not bad overall.  The worst part is the lack of progression, Power Level wise, by playing.  Really there is no point to play other than to complete the weekly powerful gear other than for fun.  Never had a Prime Engram drop during 60 or so matches and only 2 IB bounties dropped Powerful gear that I remember.  Hopefully next time around they at least make gear at your current Power Level to where we can actually use it during gameplay.

• Art of War likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I got all of them done, but it took me all week.  I feel for those with three characters and/or those who are casual players.  

They need to look into them as I feel the Power Play bounty really changed the way people play and sometimes made the games go wonky quickly.

I agree with sgtcoy, Iron Banner used to be an end game game.  You had a chance for a higher light IB item to drop so you could slowly progress the more you played.  

I've had Prime Engrams drop every day.  Usually, if I am in the Crucible all day, the engram will show up at the postmaster.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4256 posts

I've come to the realization that I can't run 3 characters anymore , I just don't have the time !! I'll keep my other 2  going just to have something to do when I want to just run around aimlessly ! 

• michael6745 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1885 posts

As someone who likes to run 3 characters as well, I have found that with the release of Forsaken, it is kinda difficult to do but I have had to change the way I play the game. For example, I would run my warlock every Mon/Thur. Titan on Tues/Fri and Hunter on Wed/Sat. That way, everyone will have pretty much equal playing time. Well, with the way how Forsaken is pretty much set up now, I've had to adjust to just using one character per week. With the late start I had though, My warlock and titan have completed the story line and I am currently getting my hunter through.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I haven't even run my Titan or warlock through.

I may wait till my hunter has 580 weapons, run my other chacters through. put those high power weapons on and hope to get high light armor as I go. But that's down the road.  I'm enjoying just playing my hunter only again.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

Yeah, I have my Hunter and Titan at 550 but haven't even started my Warlock.  I barely have enough time to do the activities for the them.  Couldn't imagine having to juggle 3 right now..  I guess that is a good thing.  Wasn't too long ago where you could get all 3 done on Tuesday and then sit and wait until the following Tuesday.  So at least its a good complaint to have right now!!!

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4256 posts

My  Warlock is 512 once I get him a little higher , I may start messing with the other 2 until then , it's not going to happen it hard enough to get drop to get one leveled up enough to be able to take on the challenges / tasks at hand much less 3 

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1245 posts

I haven't really played IB last time around... I had a whole bunch of tokens leftover from Season 3 so I cashed those in and immediately had all the availible weapons and armor pieces. No point in sticking to IB now, other Crucible modes are more fun to me.