Photo

Xur Missing (Cause: Xbox 360?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Golden_Eyed_Owl

Golden_Eyed_Owl

New Blood

• 1 posts

I didn't know about Xur until recently. I'm seeing a couple odd things: Various websites claim to tell where Xur is on a given weekend and what exotic engrams he's selling: I find that, 100% of the time:

1. he is *not* located where the web sites/youtube videos say that he is on the current date, though I can usually find him at another of the standard locations,
  2. He does not appear until Saturday, even though various sources claim that he's present from early Friday through early Sunday, and
  3. that he always has only one engram for sale, even though various videos show that he has a selection.

Is this because I'm playing Destiny - TTK on a Xbox 360? If not, could someone tell me what's going on?

Thanks very much

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 430 posts

It shouldn't be because you're on Xbox. In regards to apparently not being "located where the web sites/YouTube videos say that he is," I can't help you. However, in regards to the days he's present, that depends entirely on the time-zone you're playing from. The time-zone Bungie works with allows him to arrive on Friday and last through until Sunday, but if he doesn't show up until Saturday for you, he should still be present on a Monday.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I didn't know about Xur until recently. I'm seeing a couple odd things: Various websites claim to tell where Xur is on a given weekend and what exotic engrams he's selling: I find that, 100% of the time:

1. he is *not* located where the web sites/youtube videos say that he is on the current date, though I can usually find him at another of the standard locations,
  2. He does not appear until Saturday, even though various sources claim that he's present from early Friday through early Sunday, and
  3. that he always has only one engram for sale, even though various videos show that he has a selection.

Is this because I'm playing Destiny - TTK on a Xbox 360? If not, could someone tell me what's going on?

Thanks very much

One thing to look for. When you spawn into the Tower in Destiny 1.  Look left at this pillar.  If you see this purple upside down triangle, he's in the tower somewhere.  If not, then go to the reef.

Xur's Destiny 1 schedule is 9am UTC (5am ET) Friday  to 9am UTC (5am ET) Sunday.  So you only have two days to catch him.

There are six spots in the tower to find him.  It takes all of a couple of minutes to run and search each area.  There is only one spot in the Reef where his sells his wares.  One thing I used to do is when Xur was in the tower, I would look for a cluster of guardian tags. Because usually other guardians are visiting him as well.

20160611_142152.jpg

find-xur-location-on-this-map.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Question