Photo

Crucible drops and rewards

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

I haven't played D2 or the Crucible for 11 months but I started playing again when the Forsaken came out. So, since coming back I have played about 20 PvP matches. Mostly Quickplay and a few Supremacy. From what I can tell so far, the drops and rewards really seem to suck compared to D1. 

Can anyone clarify what sort of reward and drop rate I can expect with D2 PvP?  I thought PvP would be a quick way to level up but so far it doesn't seem to be as fast as in D1.

Thanks!

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

I haven't played D2 or the Crucible for 11 months but I started playing again when the Forsaken came out. So, since coming back I have played about 20 PvP matches. Mostly Quickplay and a few Supremacy. From what I can tell so far, the drops and rewards really seem to suck compared to D1. 

Can anyone clarify what sort of reward and drop rate I can expect with D2 PvP?  I thought PvP would be a quick way to level up but so far it doesn't seem to be as fast as in D1.

Thanks!

No expert on this by any means, but from what I understand, most activities are very similar in regards to rewards, in terms of both frequency and power, with the exception of Raids and Trials of the Nine, of course (not that I've heard anyone say much about TOTN in a while...). Warmind was instrumental in slowing down progression, and with the new Infusion economy, it's only gotten slower. Particularly after 500, you will likely hit quite a grind. So I probably wouldn't expect PVP to be much better for progression than flashpoints, daily Heroic Adventures, etc. Don't quote me on that, though. I could be wrong.

• Art of War likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I still haven't gotten an Exotic drop one , the new drop rates are crap along with the new economy ! It's getting very fustrating , and I just found out that you have to do the 1st raid encounter to get your 3rd sub class WTF , not everybody raids !!

• Art of War likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

I don't think the Crucible is a "quick" way to progress in the game unless you are doing the powerful gear milestones.  Crucible, game play wise, is the best its been since D1.  I think as of today I am up to 533 on my Hunter.  Just complete your milestones for powerful gear and don't worry about infusing anything until you get closer to max light.  I will only infuse a gun every now and again but overall playing with new stuff, for me, adds a new challenge. 

What's been your take so far after 11 months away?  Better/Worse/Indifferent?

• Art of War likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

Powerful engrams are the way to rank up.  For Crucible it's play 5 matches and you get a powerful engram.  you can also get a chance of getting a Prime engram from playing Crucible which is at least 5 PL higher than your current level.

The way to gain power level is to complete all the weekly stuff in the Director. Those items with the yellow star or what ever by them..  When you complete them, you get powerful gear.  I completed all mine this week and when up 15 power levels.  Plus I got a bunch of prim engrams.  At 520 I got two prime engrams at 530.  

I was getting good drops in Gambit, then Sunday I got zero drops.  

Also completing stuff above your current power level will get you a chance to have stuff drop 1 or 2 PL over your current level.

• Art of War likes this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

Thanks everyone for your feedback! It is much appreciated.

I don't think the Crucible is a "quick" way to progress in the game unless you are doing the powerful gear milestones.  Crucible, game play wise, is the best its been since D1.  I think as of today I am up to 533 on my Hunter.  Just complete your milestones for powerful gear and don't worry about infusing anything until you get closer to max light.  I will only infuse a gun every now and again but overall playing with new stuff, for me, adds a new challenge. 

What's been your take so far after 11 months away?  Better/Worse/Indifferent?

My opinion on the Forsaken so far is mostly positive. My gf and I stopped playing about 11 months ago, but then she pre-ordered the Forsaken DLC after hearing about all the hype and kind of volunteered me to start playing again lol. We're up to about 515 now but she still likes to drag me into 540 and 550 activities. I'm still looking for some decent weapons that excite me. I like using pulse rifles and fusions in PvP and scouts in PvE. I don't think I've even tried a shotgun or sniper rifle yet in D2 lol. I hate sub-machine guns, grenade launchers, and sidearms. Introducing the bows is pretty cool. Getting Legendary weapons seem to be slower rate than in D1 as I'm trying to sift through the options. But at least they brought back random rolls so now when I get my 10th Vestain Dynasty in a row it's a little different. I just remember playing D1 and having those "holy shit" moments when I found a weapon that was awesome and I haven't had that feeling yet in D2 as the weapons seem to be pretty mundane. Maybe that is Bungie's intent for balancing. Regardless, overall D2 is headed in the right direction now.

• sgtcoy, michael6745 and Kingdomville like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

That is awesome.  I couldn't agree more.  Legendary (good Legendary) weapons are hard to come by.  I haven't had a legit Scout Rifle to drop since this DLC dropped until today and I got the Gambit Scout.  It is a great gun but my roll was horrendous.  So I'm still rocking the Hand Cannons/Shotty/Sleeper or RL.  I think I have gotten to 538 on my main and started my Titan yesterday (had 4 or 5 hours to play) and got him up to 520 something.  The one thing I have noticed is that whenever my weekly's are done and the dailies, I still find tons of stuff to do.  This is a welcome feeling, one we haven't had in over a year. 

• Art of War and michael6745 like this