Photo

Forsaken - Countdown

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4254 posts

Sgtcoy can I have your avatar ??                                                                                                                                                                                                          I'm a little disappointed in the whole thing , mainly because I have to start over and wear ugly worthless blue crap and use blue guns again , all the Barons are adventures and like I've already said above the economy is terrible . Using the blue armor would be a lot better if they put some resistance on it , and some of the blue stuff looks crappy !! Legendary and Exotic drops don't happen at all and to get any Clan point you have to do bounties now , no more public events or patrols , I liked it the other way better (Clan) !! The economy was fine the way it was but they had to screw that up too , I haven't finished the "campaign yet and may not , I'm considering not playing this and more because I don't have the time or energy to do what needs to be done . If they take the Master work cores out of the equation , then I can probably do (infuse) what I want to have a more enjoyable experience , but right now there is too much grinding and nothing to show for it !

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

Well I see your frustration from your point of view.. 

It is slow going at first and more challenging to use blue gear until you get better drops.  After you hit 500, which is just shortly after you finish the campaign, you start getting legendary drops.  There is so much to do each day it can be overwhelming.  If you don't have the time it could seem slow but the key is to find some people who you like to play with and that makes it go a little faster.  My progression may be faster than yours but not as fast as the next guy.  The great thing about it is that you can play at your own pace.  There are tons of "powerful" gear drops that you can do as a solo player. 

This game is really no different than any other game with a campaign.  For me, I don't enjoy the story from any game.  I don't get into it.  I honestly skip the cut scenes and just enjoy playing.  But that is my style. 

The economy does need some tweaking.  I don't enjoy not having mats to infuse things that I want.  I feel married to whatever gets dropped and that is what I play with.  That does stink but it is something that I can overlook for the time being because the content is there.  So I wouldn't give up hope because this is by far the most enjoyable DLC (for me) since Taken King. 

• Art of War likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4254 posts

I'm not giving up , I wish the story would have more flow to it , have to do  5 bounties for Spider then all the Barons are Adventures ( still have only done one ) the Trickster glitched on me twice yesterday so I gave up on that for now , I'm 484 lvl 49 from just running around doing patrols and public events . I don't think I'll be able to maintain 3 characters the way I did before but I'll figure a way , it's just so aggravating that after playing the same way for a year (economy wise) they make a major change like this without any warning , especially the masterwork cores , they should cut the Legendary shard price in half too !! 

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I'm not giving up , I wish the story would have more flow to it , have to do  5 bounties for Spider then all the Barons are Adventures ( still have only done one ) the Trickster glitched on me twice yesterday so I gave up on that for now , I'm 484 lvl 49 from just running around doing patrols and public events . I don't think I'll be able to maintain 3 characters the way I did before but I'll figure a way , it's just so aggravating that after playing the same way for a year (economy wise) they make a major change like this without any warning , especially the masterwork cores , they should cut the Legendary shard price in half too !! 

That was one of the things I was thinking after the first day.  How can anyone take care of 3 characters through all this.  There is way too much to do just for one character.  But I'm going at this like I did for D1.  I only did one character through all of D1 up to when I was done with RoI on my Hunter. Then a friend said, if you had a Titan, you can do the Raid again. So I made a Titan. Then I found out I could get Grimoire score if I had a Warlock. 

I'm sure there will be a day when I feel I can let my Hunter take a break and then start my Titan and Warlock...

99065067.jpg

• sgtcoy likes this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

Well I see your frustration from your point of view.. 

It is slow going at first and more challenging to use blue gear until you get better drops.  After you hit 500, which is just shortly after you finish the campaign, you start getting legendary drops.  There is so much to do each day it can be overwhelming.  If you don't have the time it could seem slow but the key is to find some people who you like to play with and that makes it go a little faster.  My progression may be faster than yours but not as fast as the next guy.  The great thing about it is that you can play at your own pace.  There are tons of "powerful" gear drops that you can do as a solo player. 

This game is really no different than any other game with a campaign.  For me, I don't enjoy the story from any game.  I don't get into it.  I honestly skip the cut scenes and just enjoy playing.  But that is my style. 

The economy does need some tweaking.  I don't enjoy not having mats to infuse things that I want.  I feel married to whatever gets dropped and that is what I play with.  That does stink but it is something that I can overlook for the time being because the content is there.  So I wouldn't give up hope because this is by far the most enjoyable DLC (for me) since Taken King. 

Agree 100%. I'm just going to let you write my posts from now on since I usually agree with you about everything lol (oh, but I do watch the cut scenes :D)

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

Yeah keeping up with 3 characters is going to be a chore.  I am currently in a RNG funk right now.  I am LL 514 with a chest piece of 505.  Every powerful I get is a gun and it is generally lower light than what I have.  Very frustrating..

One thing I did find out and thought I would pass on to you guys.  I completed the Dreaming city weekly bounties up until I had to present an offering to the oracle engine.  I didn't realize the offering took up a spot in my inventory because I had like 5 Cayde's notes clogging everything up.  Well long story short when I turned everything in the Offering didn't have a place to go so I lost it.  No powerful for me...  I was pissed.  Spend a lot of time knocking those out to get the reward and my reward was having to wait to do it again next week.  So don't be like me.  Be responsible and have room in your inventory...

I am a very impatient person in games.  I enjoy playing but I don't enjoy waiting on cut scenes, loading screens, etc.  That is why I usually skip everything.  It is illogical, I know, but that is what I have always done. 

Got my 2nd subclass started on my Hunter.  So far the spectral blades don't really seem very powerful.  I may be wrong but just not to impressed so far with them. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

One thing I did find out and thought I would pass on to you guys.  I completed the Dreaming city weekly bounties up until I had to present an offering to the oracle engine.  I didn't realize the offering took up a spot in my inventory because I had like 5 Cayde's notes clogging everything up.  Well long story short when I turned everything in the Offering didn't have a place to go so I lost it.  No powerful for me...  I was pissed.  Spend a lot of time knocking those out to get the reward and my reward was having to wait to do it again next week.  So don't be like me.  Be responsible and have room in your inventory...

Just FYI. There are many people who have lost the offering because their inventory was full and it didn't go to the postmaster.  

• sgtcoy likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4254 posts

I haven't gotten this far yet , but I did make sure my consumables has space !