R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

Can't wait to hear your take on it. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5157 posts

I'm going dark now.  I'll post something when I'm done putting Uldrin in the ground.  Or whatever the end of the campaign is going to be.  Have fun folks

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

I'm going dark now.  I'll post something when I'm done putting Uldrin in the ground.  Or whatever the end of the campaign is going to be.  Have fun folks

Well thats not going to help me decide if I need to get this or not ...  :P

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5157 posts

Well thats not going to help me decide if I need to get this or not ...  :P

Well.  My honest opinion...  I like it.  I won't get into any story, but I do like the story line.  I think it was well done.  The cinematic cut scenes are amazing.  I'm not done with the campaign story yet.  I got distracted with everything we have to do.

Check out the patch notes as to everything that has changed.  You'll be amazed.

I don't know if I may put in any spoilers below, I'm trying not to. It's more of my impressions of the game play.  Read with caution just in case.

I'm sitting there last night updating my Triumph score. It's like the grimoire score. But you can see everything you've done in game.  It also counts your Destiny 1 stuff so as a veteran you'll have a higher score naturally than the new Kinderguardians coming into the game now.

As i was playing the game, 5 hours went by and I still had tons to do. I just have to wrap my head around everything that's going on.  Bounties at every vendor.  The Tangled shore has more area chests than any other location. It also has a ton of lost sectors.

Right now I have one complaint.  The infusion economy is expensive now.  If I am infusing an NON master worked legendary into a NON master worked legendary, it should not cost me masterwork cores to infuse it.  But it does.  It cost 3 masterwork cores to infuse.

I also was not paying attention when i was infusing.  I used all my phase glass crystals and didn't realize it.  So I have to be careful.  I actually ran part of the story with blue armor and weapons as it was 420 and I didn't want to spend anything to infuse as I may not want my current armor which is still 380, later.  So I'm being more careful with infusions.  (BEWARE:  you're going to get drops that require a higher level than you currently are. If you infuse that item into one of your current items, you'll lock that item until you reach the required level.  I did this with my Whisper of the Worm).

I did get the new Better Devils with Rangefinder and Timed payload.  It's pretty good.

I played one game of crucible because the Clan bounty required arc kills in the crucible.  I'm not sure if I like the new clan system.  You have to do the bounties and there are only 3 right now and they're worth 750 points.  That's 2,250 points out of 5000 per day if you do all the bounties.  I preferred it when anything you did gave you clan points.  But I may get used to it.  A lot of this is I was overwhelmed and felt like I needed to do too much and what do I do next.  Which I guess is a good place to be in.  Plus everything is just new so I'm trying to figure it all out.

I was also running on zero sleep yesterday so I was just plain tired and was winding down.  

Leveling up is pretty quick.  I started at level 30 and I'm current level 41 with 5 hours of playtime.  I had one of the boons going as well.  The funny thing is, I remember hitting level 37.  Then I'm level 41 and didn't realize I ranked up that many times.

My apologies if my thoughts are all over the place.  

Remember, these are only my first impressions after 5 hours of play time.  After I get more into it and a month down the road, my views may change. But right now with what I've seen, I would say this is a definite "must have".  I really think Bungie has turned it around.  From what I hear, we will not have a content drought ever again.  There will always be something going on.  Which almost seems overwhelming as I would use the content droughts to farm and just muck around mindlessly.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

I'm not to crazy about the new economy , so much so  that I may quit playing this game , it now requires endless amounts or grinding that I just don't have the time or energy for , all your old guns and armor are basically useless and to buy more you need legendary shards, master work cores , and planetary materials , that's just ridiculous !!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5157 posts

I'm not to crazy about the new economy , so much so  that I may quit playing this game , it now requires endless amounts or grinding that I just don't have the time or energy for , all your old guns and armor are basically useless and to buy more you need legendary shards, master work cores , and planetary materials , that's just ridiculous !!

I think much of this is to make you think before you infuse.  In the past, I would just infuse and infuse and infuse. Now I'm having to be patient and only infuse when it matters.  I'm okay with it.  You get planetary materials from many sources now, not just pick them in the wild.  i.e. public events gives you planetary materials when you open the chest.  

It's the MW cores that bother me when the item isn't even masterworked.

You can buy legendary shards, MW cores, planetary materials from Spider for glimmer.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

The economy was one of the things I was fearing would change.  I saw hints of it last time I played and wasn't comfortable with it.

I don't mind grinding a little ... but I don't want the limited time I have to play consumed by it. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5157 posts

The economy was one of the things I was fearing would change.  I saw hints of it last time I played and wasn't comfortable with it.

I don't mind grinding a little ... but I don't want the limited time I have to play consumed by it. 

The biggest thing about the economy is the masterwork cores.  There are many complaints about it on Reddit.  You need MW cores to upgrade everything, but they are hard to come by.  I have a feeling that will change.  You get planetary materials from chests now as well, so those will be easier to come by.  I don't believe it's going to be grinding all the time.  I could be wrong.

EDIT:  Bungie replied to one of the Reddit posts and they're going to look into the MW core for infusion.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 425 posts

I've only played the first story mission, but I can already say that Forsaken has definitely reaped my sadness and resewn it over and over. That first mission dedicates everything to making sure you're properly endeared to Cayde, and it's certainly effective.
I absolutely love that they recycled the POE theme for the second cutscene too. It's a sinple thing, but nothing winds me like nostalgia.

However, I too have the same problems with the economy. I saw the changes during the free Gambit trial and was already foaming at the mouth, but now that Infusion is actually important, it's so much worse. Planetary Materials? Even if those are easy to come by, 25 is still a stupid number.
MASTERWORK CORES? Now, there's NOTHING reasonable about that.

Still not in love with the new weapon slot changes too. While I'm sure I'll adjust eventually, not being able to have one of every weapon class in each slot is giving me a headache.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

Masterwork cores were like Unicorns to me in Destiny. 

I think I received 2, maybe 3 while I was actively playing.  I received more masterwork weapons and armor than cores. 

If they are still that precious in an economy that requires them for infusion ... Well then that makes me :(.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

The amount of Master Work Core and Legendary Shards to infuse something is ridiculous !!! It's cheaper to shard it then buy it back out of your collections , you'll need to put the shader you had back on and Masterworks will be gone but you'll get a higher level gun cheaper then if you infuse it !  (this only works with year one guns) I've already done this with Exotics and Legendary . I have yet to get any exotic or legendary drops , except for the bow Petra gave me ! I did get a couple legendaries from the  Gunsmith but nothing to brag about !  

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5157 posts

If you have a Forsaken Better Devils with a roll that you like at PL 450, then you get another Better Devils at 500 but you hate the rolls, you can infuse it into the first BD for glimmer only.  

So, basically, it only costs you glimmer to infuse like for like.  But costs you dearly if you want to infuse say a blue Pulse Rifle into a grenade launcher.  

What I was doing, I went back into my collections and bought back my year 1 item, which came a much higher PL and infused it into my Y1 gear that I've been using and it only cost me I think about 3000 glimmer per item.

But now I'm PL 500, everything is dropping at 500 and I don't want to infuse it because of the cost. So I'm wearing a mishmash of armor legendary and blue to be high PL.  I'll keep doing this until I find armor that I want to keep.  I haven't found a set that I like yet.  

One thing I don't like is that in order to get 100% on the Triumphs, I need to own the Limited Edition of Destiny 2.  WTF?  I own the Digital Deluxe version, why is the Limited Edition version even included in the Moments of Triumph?

• wonega likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

If you have a Forsaken Better Devils with a roll that you like at PL 450, then you get another Better Devils at 500 but you hate the rolls, you can infuse it into the first BD for glimmer only.  

So, basically, it only costs you glimmer to infuse like for like.  But costs you dearly if you want to infuse say a blue Pulse Rifle into a grenade launcher.  

What I was doing, I went back into my collections and bought back my year 1 item, which came a much higher PL and infused it into my Y1 gear that I've been using and it only cost me I think about 3000 glimmer per item.

But now I'm PL 500, everything is dropping at 500 and I don't want to infuse it because of the cost. So I'm wearing a mishmash of armor legendary and blue to be high PL.  I'll keep doing this until I find armor that I want to keep.  I haven't found a set that I like yet.  

One thing I don't like is that in order to get 100% on the Triumphs, I need to own the Limited Edition of Destiny 2.  WTF?  I own the Digital Deluxe version, why is the Limited Edition version even included in the Moments of Triumph?

Alot of people are complaining (justly) about this , I have the deluxe version also (XBox) isn't the limited edition the version that came with the Cabal book bag?? I don't know what Bungie is going to do about this , I think they need to do something about the economy too , it's going to be next to impossible to run 3 characters with it the  way it is ,heck my 'Lock is wearing all blue armor and my Hunter has a combo and hasn't even started the campaign ,I can't keep up !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5157 posts

Alot of people are complaining (justly) about this , I have the deluxe version also (XBox) isn't the limited edition the version that came with the Cabal book bag?? I don't know what Bungie is going to do about this , I think they need to do something about the economy too , it's going to be next to impossible to run 3 characters with it the  way it is ,heck my 'Lock is wearing all blue armor and my Hunter has a combo and hasn't even started the campaign ,I can't keep up !! 

They're looking at it and I believe there will be a change coming with regards to both the economy and the Limited Edition.  

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 755 posts

I was looking at the Forsaken reviews and I ended up over on Metacritic reading through the reviews and ratings. Maybe there is hope for Destiny. Here is a list of all the DLCs and there corresponding ratings... at least we're headed in the right direction.

Destiny_Ratings.png

(These are for the PS4 versions)

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5157 posts

Yes.  But remember we're still in the honeymoon stage with this DLC.

• Art of War likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

Usually takes 2-3 weeks for the glow to subside and the honest opinions to start coming out.

I figure that's when I'll make my decision

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

Well I don't think its going to subside in the next 2 or 3 weeks.  This is to me, the best DLC since the Taken King.  I don't think you will run out of things to do anytime in the future.  I am super stoked about not being done in about 2 weeks.  I love the grind to get gear and get god rolls on guns.  Everything flows good and with a few little tweaks this game will be played longer than most other DLC's.  I've had so much to do I haven't even stepped into the Crucible yet. 

So long story short if you are going to wait...  You will regret it.  The game is in the most complete state it has been in a long long long time.  Like I said, they could tweak the economy and maybe a couple other things and I would have very little to complain about.  Hopefully the Raid won't be disappointing but It has me looking forward to play every day.  Don't miss out!!!

• Art of War and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5157 posts

Well I don't think its going to subside in the next 2 or 3 weeks.  This is to me, the best DLC since the Taken King.  I don't think you will run out of things to do anytime in the future.  I am super stoked about not being done in about 2 weeks.  I love the grind to get gear and get god rolls on guns.  Everything flows good and with a few little tweaks this game will be played longer than most other DLC's.  I've had so much to do I haven't even stepped into the Crucible yet. 

So long story short if you are going to wait...  You will regret it.  The game is in the most complete state it has been in a long long long time.  Like I said, they could tweak the economy and maybe a couple other things and I would have very little to complain about.  Hopefully the Raid won't be disappointing but It has me looking forward to play every day.  Don't miss out!!!

I think you're going to have to change your avatar after this post.  :)

I finished the campaign story last night and..... WOW!!!  

That's all I'll say.  

As a friend of mine said.  This DLC makes me feel like a Destiny noob as there is so much change, so much to do.  I don't know whether I should do this today, or that.  Now that I have the story completed, I can start focusing on other stuff. Like playing Gambit to get my Ace of Spades.  LOL... 

• Vipertec and sgtcoy like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

I for one didn't really like The Taken King all that much , mainly because of the Taken being everywhere , but I still kept on playing , and didn't complete the raid till just before D2 came out ! With the way the economy is in Forsaken it going to take me a long time to get to 500 and so far there have been ZERO legendary and Exotic drops , I haven't finished the "Campaign " yet mainly because all the blue crap I'm getting has zero resistance ( I usually die a few time doing this stuff ) with no resistance I'm probably going to die a lot more , oh well . The other major complaint I have is you no longer Clan credit, points whatever from doing Public Events and Patrols , when did they decide to do this ?? 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5157 posts

I for one didn't really like The Taken King all that much , mainly because of the Taken being everywhere , but I still kept on playing , and didn't complete the raid till just before D2 came out ! With the way the economy is in Forsaken it going to take me a long time to get to 500 and so far there have been ZERO legendary and Exotic drops , I haven't finished the "Campaign " yet mainly because all the blue crap I'm getting has zero resistance ( I usually die a few time doing this stuff ) with no resistance I'm probably going to die a lot more , oh well . The other major complaint I have is you no longer Clan credit, points whatever from doing Public Events and Patrols , when did they decide to do this ?? 

I hit level 50 and PL 500 within 10 hours of playing and only completed half of the Baron's.  I spent much of my time doing PEs, Regional Chests and other world stuff.  I also turned in crucible, vanguard and gunsmith tokens as I went along. I have loads of them.  I got legendaries from these.

I have more legendary drops once I hit level 50.  

you get a ton of experience points and planet materials for grabbing the Tangle Shore regional chests.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

I think I was 494 after the first day and I played for prolly 6 or so hours..  I took off from work.  Playing with a group of 3 the whole night is what made it fun..  I have yet to play by myself for more than an hour at any point in this DLC. 

I played some Crucible for the first time last night and for the first 3 or 4 games I did just fine.  The last game I was being insta-killed and it was very frustrating to say the least.  I had to chance at survival.  I don't know if I got put in a random server or what. 

Played one game of Gambit and got put in a game and it was very boring.  Everyone wanted to invade and nobody cared about actually winning the game or playing the objective.  So maybe in a couple of weeks when the questline is completed by most it will ease up a bit...

Ohh and I can't change my avatar at work.  I will have to wait til I get home and get on my laptop.  But it is getting changed. I have no sodium to spill out at the moment.  It's not perfect but way better than I thought it was going to be.....

• Art of War likes this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 755 posts

I think I was 494 after the first day and I played for prolly 6 or so hours..  I took off from work.  Playing with a group of 3 the whole night is what made it fun..  I have yet to play by myself for more than an hour at any point in this DLC. 

I played some Crucible for the first time last night and for the first 3 or 4 games I did just fine.  The last game I was being insta-killed and it was very frustrating to say the least.  I had to chance at survival.  I don't know if I got put in a random server or what. 

Played one game of Gambit and got put in a game and it was very boring.  Everyone wanted to invade and nobody cared about actually winning the game or playing the objective.  So maybe in a couple of weeks when the questline is completed by most it will ease up a bit...

Ohh and I can't change my avatar at work.  I will have to wait til I get home and get on my laptop.  But it is getting changed. I have no sodium to spill out at the moment.  It's not perfect but way better than I thought it was going to be.....

That's good to hear that it's better than you thought it would be. My girlfriend per-ordered it but didn't finishing paying for it until today and I told her I wasn't buying it until she got it (just in case she changed her mind lol). But now it looks like I'm going to be diving back into Destiny 2 starting tomorrow. I hope it lives up to the hype. Random rolls gives me hope lol.  

• sgtcoy and michael6745 like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

I don't think you will be disappointed..  I was surprised by the story line.  I enjoyed it.  Just the feel of the game is in a better place.  I'm still torn with the guns in different categories.  Mainly snipers, shottys in the primary spot.  But as some would say....  Change is good.  I don't feel forced to play the meta.  I used blue guns until I hit LL 500 and had fun with it.  I have only infused one gun so far from Y4 and it was the Polaris Lance.  Not to say that I won't do a bunch more but at the time being the materials are a little rare and choices are difficult which one do I want to bring forward to current LL.  Keep us posted on what you think.  (Not that I think you won't...lol)

• Art of War and michael6745 like this