Photo

Anyone play the new Gambit PvEvP mode?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I'm pretty sure your a better Crucible player then I am , if you couldn't get this done I never will, I try like hell but me and Hand Cannon precision kills in the Crucible don't happen too often especially since they took my Better Devil's , just another Destiny gun I won't have , on the bright side I already do have the original one (D1) !!

I have a Y2 Better Devils with Range Finder and Timed Payload.  Very crispy and does well in PvE.

My problem with the Ace of Spades in Gambit was that.  I wanted it.  I changed my whole demeanor.  I was making bad decisions.  If I just played Gambit just to play it like I do the Crucible.  I probably could have done the quest step on my own.  If I were in a fire team, that would have helped as well.  That's why I'm waiting a little but I'll be going back into Gambit to just play the game mode.  I think I'll enjoy the mode and get kills if I'm not "trying" so hard.  I did it to myself.

What I would do, if I were you, is just play it.  It will happen. It may not be in a hour. It may be over many many games, but it will happen.

• Vipertec likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I usually don't rush to try and get a quest done , I just try and get done the part I'm working on , I still have to finish the dam campaign , I had 2  days with bad internet due to the weather , I think , I'm going to try and get some if not most of it done this weekend . I've really only played 2  game of Gambit (one was the trial) I may be one of the few people who aren't too fond of it , it's a little too fast for me , but I haven't given it a fair trial and I will once I get the campaign done , and then Iron Banner starts again on the next reset , well at least no one can complain that there's nothing to do !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I played several rounds of Gambit this weekend. 

I'm so tired of people leaving matches.

Had one game.

Game started.  One person left before the game started.

First round, we lose. 

Second round, second person leaves.  I was going to leave, but decided to stick it out.  I figured it would be over quickly and I'd get some decent reward.

My blueberry and I go in, I'm playing, bleh.  They bring up their Primeval pretty quickly.  We're only half way to our Primeval. My blueberry goes to invade. I stay and collect motes.  I send blockers. He comes back with 2 kills.  I'm still collecting motes.  he invades again, 3 kills.  he invades again 2 kills.  I finally get our Primeval up.    He invades, 4 kills.  I get our Primeval down to 50%.  They invade, but I keep rocketing them, or I'm dying by the primeval.  

The long story short. We lost, but my blueberry was a beast. He had 180% healing on the Primeval.  I just couldn't do enough damage on my own to burn him down quicker than they could.

Even though it sucked to have teammates leave. I am glad I stuck around.  That was the best form of teamwork I've encountered in a long time.  

• HockeyDad21 likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I still have to finish the campaign , before I get into anything else and of course Iron Banner starts tomorrow , ANYONE who says there is nothing to do is gonna get a kick in the ass !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

And by the way.

Power matters in the Iron Banner now...

Most of us are between 520 and 540 now.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1891 posts

Show off

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I"m only 509 I'm not getting any decent drops . I really don't need any more boots or Warlock bonds and I certainly don't need anymore Edge Transits , funny thing my GF got her first one today go figure !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I had my first 550+ items drop last night.  I had three of them from the Dreaming City for doing the Ascendant Challenge and completing the weekly Petra Milestone.

• sgtcoy likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

My GF played her first game of Gambit yesterday and she got the Malfeasence quest  !!!! 

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

My GF played her first game of Gambit yesterday and she got the Malfeasence quest  !!!! 

Darn the RNG...

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

Darn the RNG...

Amen brother , Amen !! 

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1245 posts

I really like Gambit. The weapons are pretty great too, especially Trust & Bygones. Only problem: random team mates. I lost so many matches because people just didn't know when to bring their motes back (before the invader comes in) or how to stack that Primevil Slayer buff and just wasted their supers or heavy before doing any serious damage... Can be a drag.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I got my first Bygones last night. OMG.  I'm in love.  I went into the crucible with it and was getting precision kills left and right.

Headseeker

Opening shot

high caliber or ricochet rounds.

MW: handling.

not the greatest, but pretty good.

I get matched with good and with bad blue berries.  I'm about 50% W/L with blueberries.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

The Bygones could be great with the right roll.  I had yet to get one to drop so I had to buy the vendor version with has Full Auto and Outlaw maybe.  I have had about 5 or 6 Trust's drop.  Still waiting on a good roll...  On a good team Gambit is fun.  On a bad team it is miserable. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I still have't played more then maybe 3 matches and that includes the beta , and now that there is major crying about people using Sleeper , I want to play it even less , but I have a few quest that require Gambit to complete I guess I'm going to have to play ! 

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1891 posts

I really enjoy Gambit, although I think the matchmaking could be a little bit better but other than that, I've had some good matches. I just wish people were smart and let the person who is going to invade the other side get the heavy ammo first. Also, people just need to be smart about banking the motes. When drifter says we have enough to summon the primeval, I bank, no matter if I have 1 or more. I also really enjoy using the pulse offered from The Drifter.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I got my first reset last night.  I got to 12000 and became Legend. But after 12000 you to get to 15000 to reset and to do so you need wins.  That was tough.  But I played enough and got it.

I got the Trust.  Let me say this... Where has this hand cannon been all my life?!?!?!?  OMG, it's amazing.

I also saw the meatball once.  I was only on a team of 3 and we were getting spanked, so I knew we weren't going to win it.  But at least I saw it.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I really have to start playing this mode , my experience with it so far has been negative to say the least , I've played maybe 10 matches and have only won 2 so far , it just a little to fast paced for me !! 

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1891 posts

Trust is pretty good, isn't it? It's actually one of my favorites in the game right now.

Ever just have one of those games that was just, weird? So on a recent game, everything began normally, shooting enemies and such but every time I went to pick up motes, someone else on my team would pick them up. Next area, defeat enemies, teammates would pick up the motes before me. Okay, this is just ridiculous. 2 areas cleared and I manages to pick up 2 motes. Next area, I pick up enough just to bank a small blocker. Excited, I run to bank and what happens, I slip off the edge and down I go into an abyss. Alright, I see where this is going then. I just decide to take the portal every time then. With some well timed golden guns and the other team apparently not running sleepers, I managed to defeat 7 members of the other team when I invaded. We managed to win the match as well. I guess I did my part then, huh?

• michael6745 likes this

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 147 posts

obviously this post came before the big launch but i like gambit if you have a team working together to take out ads and clear the portal.

you can get bounties done and reap good drops.

its a good place to roadtest weapon combos.  Plus you drop good stuff like the truth pistol.

give it a go.