Photo

Free PS Plus games for September... Destiny 2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

OMG... how the mighty has fallen.  So, now they are just giving the game away.

http://www.playstati...r-iii/#/slide/1

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

I saw that.

Obviously pre-orders weren't at the level that they wanted.  

Art of War

Art of War

• 757 posts

I can't imagine many new players will be motivated to purchase the poorly received and reviewed Curse of Osiris and Warmind expansions just to then be able to purchase the Forsaken DLC. Seems like a pretty expensive route to get into the Forsaken even when getting vanilla D2 for free. 

So, unless the Forsaken DLC is received as the most phenomenal gaming experience of our generation I don't think this free D2 giveaway is going to lead to that many more additional Forsaken DLC purchases.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

I don't either.  But they have to have some reason for doing this.

A friend suggested that Bungie just give D2, CoO and Warmind away for free to those who buy Forsaken.  I would be okay with this if they gave those of us who have been around since D1 a title that no one else could get.  Since Titles are going to be the new thing in D2.  

• Art of War likes this

Art of War

Art of War

• 757 posts

I agree... they should have included the first 2 expansions. So, new players could step right in an buy the Forsaken DLC. It would have been a slap in the face to those of us that bought and paid $90 for D2 and Expansions 1 & 2... but honestly what we paid $90 for wasn't worth it and they can't expect new players to pay anything close to that.

Since the PS Plus deal didn't include expansion 1 & 2 for free.... Bungie should now make an Explansion 1 & 2 bundle for about $9.99 for players that buy Forsaken. After all... it is still in all of our best interests to increase the size of the player base.