Photo

Interesting weekend in the Crucible

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

Well, I spent yesterday celebrating 612 months of being alive.  I didn't feel like doing much as I spent most of the day Saturday building my grill station in 100 degree (115 heat index) heat.  I was tired.

I had two games of note.

Game 1: I was put into a game already in progress.  My team was losing 120 to 80.  I figure I might as well just have fun as the loss won't screw up my win streak.  

I take B and actually held off 3 opponents.  I normally just die quickly.  But I didn't.  I actually got 7 kills (10 defeated) by the time the game ends.  I didn't die once and I got my first "Undefeated" metal.  I don't know how this happened.

My second game of note was the opposing team was nothing but a group of butt huggers (team shotters that just group together the whole game).  Well, that didn't work for them.  I was using Graviton Lance.  Well, I got three (3) Lights Out Medals in this one game.  22 kills with my GL.  They were grouped up all the time and with our shots and my GL headshots I kepted wiping their team with all the secondary explosions.  I had a total of 33 kills in this game, which is my highest kill count to date.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

Happy Birthday,  I'm 687 months old , I'll be 696 months old in 2 weeks  !! I though the Crucible was a little tougher then normal this past weekend , there were some sweaty games for sure ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

Happy Birthday,  I'm 687 months old , I'll be 696 months old in 2 weeks  !! I though the Crucible was a little tougher then normal this past weekend , there were some sweaty games for sure ! 

Happy early Birthday to you.

I was unaware that you were older than me.  

I'm having weird games lately.  Like last night.  I played my hunter and had a bunch of normal games.  Then I hopped on my Titan.  I played a game where the first half I felt like I was asleep, I was playing like poop and we were losing, but then I seemed to wake up (as well as my team) and I took top spot and we won the game.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

Happy early Birthday to you.

I was unaware that you were older than me.  

I'm having weird games lately.  Like last night.  I played my hunter and had a bunch of normal games.  Then I hopped on my Titan.  I played a game where the first half I felt like I was asleep, I was playing like poop and we were losing, but then I seemed to wake up (as well as my team) and I took top spot and we won the game.

Thank you ! I didn't play last night and probably won't till I get home from work tonight , I was even thinking of not playing till Saturday when you can play Gambit , but I know I won't be able to hold off that long ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

Thank you ! I didn't play last night and probably won't till I get home from work tonight , I was even thinking of not playing till Saturday when you can play Gambit , but I know I won't be able to hold off that long ! 

I played last night.  I'm almost regretting it.  I was killed by more shotguns and snipers in the 6 games I played last night than in all of Destiny 2 Year 1.  I even tried my hand at the shotty.  I'm not good with it. As much as I complained, my teams kept winning.  I did decently, but was frustrated. But I'll find my groove again.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I played last night.  I'm almost regretting it.  I was killed by more shotguns and snipers in the 6 games I played last night than in all of Destiny 2 Year 1.  I even tried my hand at the shotty.  I'm not good with it. As much as I complained, my teams kept winning.  I did decently, but was frustrated. But I'll find my groove again.

Our world is changing , I don 't know if it's all for the best though , we'll have to wait and see

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

Our world is changing , I don 't know if it's all for the best though , we'll have to wait and see

I'm finding I have to change my play style.  I'm used to rushing in with an SMG. Now I do that and I get one shotted with a shotty.  So I either need to rush with a shotty, or play a less aggressive game and hang back.  I've been doing better when I hang back.

But I am finding the Crucible a little frustrating since the update.

1. I put a full clip of arc SMG into a Stormcaller and never even cleared his shield

2. I got a sentinel Titan in super down to a sliver of health, melee'd him and didn't kill him.

3. I waiting until my health was full, popped my golden gun, came around a corner and and die to a titans melee ability in one hit.. WTF?

I'm also finding many teams are just butt hugging to team shot even more than when it was 4v4.

I also know next Tuesday it's all going to change again with the new Forsaken weapons and mods, etc.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I'm finding I have to change my play style.  I'm used to rushing in with an SMG. Now I do that and I get one shotted with a shotty.  So I either need to rush with a shotty, or play a less aggressive game and hang back.  I've been doing better when I hang back.

But I am finding the Crucible a little frustrating since the update.

1. I put a full clip of arc SMG into a Stormcaller and never even cleared his shield

2. I got a sentinel Titan in super down to a sliver of health, melee'd him and didn't kill him.

3. I waiting until my health was full, popped my golden gun, came around a corner and and die to a titans melee ability in one hit.. WTF?

I'm also finding many teams are just butt hugging to team shot even more than when it was 4v4.

I also know next Tuesday it's all going to change again with the new Forsaken weapons and mods, etc.  

I haven't even played any Crucible since the update , I usually hang back so I may be ok , but probably not ! 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

Just played for the first time since the update went live! Haven't gone into the Crucible yet, but I feel very conflicted about the new weapon slot changes. As much as I'm having fun using a Fusion Rifle more often now, there are too many weapons classed into the Energy and Kinetic slots to be able to keep one of each on me all the time.
Is it just me?

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

I started using Tolesto this weekend and I was having a blast with it. It's in the Energy slot and required green ammo, so you can use it a lot.  I had more Fusion rifle kills this weekend then all of Destiny 1.

• Vipertec likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I started using Tolesto this weekend and I was having a blast with it. It's in the Energy slot and required green ammo, so you can use it a lot.  I had more Fusion rifle kills this weekend then all of Destiny 1.

I've been using Telesto a lot since I first got it , when it was in the power slot , for strikes and missions and such , I never had much luck with it in the Crucible , now that it uses green ammo again , I'm going to give it a try and see what happens , back in D1 ,I usually always had a fusion or shotty in the secondary slot , so it may work out well for me, we will see ! 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5202 posts

I've actually slowed my game down.  I quit being so aggressive and I've been doing well.  

The only time I got aggressive is when I played with the Tolesto.  When you get your timing down with that, wow!!!!