Photo

Iron Banner 8/14 - 8/20

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

Well.  The new Iron Banner is here.  I like the new fire pits.  I don't know if this joke has been made, but I'm saying it.  They really missed the boat by not having a "roasting marshmallows" emote with this Iron Banner.

Anyhoo

I'm indifferent to this Iron Banner.  I am rank 175.  I have 500 Iron Banner tokens in my inventory.  I'm enjoying it, but not.  

Part of my problem is that I played a week of Mayhem which I am an "in your face" attacker and rocked it.  Then I start Iron Banner and got my arse handed to me with that tactic.  I started doing better once I slowed down and was more tactical.  

Then there is the matchmaking issue.  Geesh..  I've come across some players who are well out of my league in both directions.  I was sniped by this one guy so many times I was about to cry.  No, I just said GG and I'm going to get you ba... "dead again"... argh...

Then I played against some others that I felt like I was a god among men with them.

Then there are the scum of the earth.  Who glitch the system.  I can't prove it, but I am pretty sure I came across a couple of lag switchers.  It seemed that anytime I had them beat, they magically appear 10 feet to the side.  Oh well.  I'm enjoying my games.  And I can't wait for Power to matter again.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 430 posts

SCHOOL WORK GOT ME MISSIN' OUT ON IRON BANANA. VERY ANGEREY.

Hopefully I'll get an opportunity to play next Monday, and maybe net the weapons I'm missing. I'd kill for that Fighting Lion Ornament though...
I've given up on Solstice of Heroes currently, so at least that won't be in my way. MAYBE A CHANCE TO TRY OUT MY BRAND NEW SUROS REGIME???  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4256 posts

I actually had a good time this Iron Banner , I got all my armor ornament done ( which i didn't think I would ) and i got my Valor reset a 2nd time to  get the Ghost , I had fun playing which I usually don't playing Control but it was fun this time around ! 

Michael I like the idea of a roasting marshmallow emote that would be a scream !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I think I ran into a legitimate lag switcher last night. I was playing Iron Banner on Distant Shores. An opponent was taking A from us, so I ran through the upper shaft and started firing on him. He took damage, but then he kind of floated towards the edge and fell off. I was waiting for the kill confirmed, but it never showed that he died. Next thing I know, he's jumping down on me from the upper shaft guns blazing and shreds me. I'm like, WTF?!??

Later, I'm coming out of A through the tunnel nearest C. I see this same hunter, he's in the stream firing into the cave at C. I start unloaded. He's taking damage... then he's not taking damage, he's not moving and then he floats off into the rotunda. Like he was pushed there.

I actually had a good time this Iron Banner , I got all my armor ornament done ( which i didn't think I would ) and i got my Valor reset a 2nd time to  get the Ghost , I had fun playing which I usually don't playing Control but it was fun this time around ! 

Michael I like the idea of a roasting marshmallow emote that would be a scream !! 

Glad you had fun in this one.  My win percentage sucked, but I did well for most of my games.  Stupid blueberries.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4256 posts

I wasn't too concerned with wins in this one , well maybe a little , when it started I needed close to 80 Power weapon kills , I usually don't mess too much with the Power ammo , and 20 Super kills to get the armor ornaments finished , I didn't think I was going to get it done but I did and it was a lot of fun , and I got my Valor ranked enough to get the Ghost too it was a win win  Iron Banner for me !! 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I wasn't too concerned with wins in this one , well maybe a little , when it started I needed close to 80 Power weapon kills , I usually don't mess too much with the Power ammo , and 20 Super kills to get the armor ornaments finished , I didn't think I was going to get it done but I did and it was a lot of fun , and I got my Valor ranked enough to get the Ghost too it was a win win  Iron Banner for me !! 

I wish it were always like this.  Not caring about the win, but as long as you have something to accomplish and you're having fun doing it.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4256 posts

I wish it were always like this.  Not caring about the win, but as long as you have something to accomplish and you're having fun doing it.

I agree 100% , even though it was Control , I was playing Clash , mainly just using a rocket launcher , It was fun !