Photo

Forsaken - prepare

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

Things to note if you don't know already.

1. Planetary tokens will only get you planetary faction reputation in Forsaken. So turn them all in now so you can get legendary items to shard for legendary marks.

2. On the 28th, whatever element you have on your elemental / heavy weapons will be locked.  If they stay elemental.  i.e. Hawthorne's shotgun is turning kinetic.  Uriel's Gift remains elemental, so if you have a solar one, it will be locked as solar in on the 28th.

I'll try to add more as I think of them.  If you have any, please post.

• Art of War and DefiantMars like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

And another thing to remember is we are getting new guns !!!!! We probably won't use a lot of the guns we have now , however we are also getting a boost in our vault space to 500 so you can pack away your most treasured weapons . 

• Art of War likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

Disregard what I said about the planetary tokens.  I was incorrect.  You'll still get a Y1 legendary when you rank up.

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

On the matter of weapon slot reorganization, REMEMBER TO CLEAR OUT YOUR SLOTS! Overflow will go to the postmaster according to dmg04 on the Destiny Subreddit:

It'll go to the Postmaster. We're cooking up some in-game messaging to warn folks. Make sure you have some open slots, and try to clear out your Postmaster before 8/28 to avoid the loss of any items.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

On the matter of weapon slot reorganization, REMEMBER TO CLEAR OUT YOUR SLOTS! Overflow will go to the postmaster according to dmg04 on the Destiny Subreddit:

I TRY to keep the Postmaster clear except for maybe 1 or 2 which I have to decide weather to keep or shard , and once again my Vault is near capacity , but the reason for that being, it's like having a bank if you need some shards , just go to the vault and shard something !

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

What do you guys think of the new Gambit PvE/PvP game mode coming with the Forsaken?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

It's going to be a horrible nightmare..............at first ! If they put a level on this like they did Escalation Protocol , If there's no level then it looks to be very interesting . I know I'm going to try it ! 

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 278 posts

So wont it be good to get year 1 weapons from the planet vendors because they will have random rolls?

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

So wont it be good to get year 1 weapons from the planet vendors because they will have random rolls?

Correct, they won't have random rolls.  However, supposedly they will drop at a higher light level.  So you can use them to infuse.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

Correct, they won't have random rolls.  However, supposedly they will drop at a higher light level.  So you can use them to infuse.

win win ! I always need fusion materials 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

win win ! I always need fusion materials 

Yes. this is there I was wrong. I thought they only gave reputation after Forsaken, but they will still give you the legendary present.

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 278 posts

So I have been farming planet tokens for a month now, the weapons will not drop with random rolls.  Wow what a complete waste of time.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

I have a pile of planetary tokens , all you usually get from them is useless crap , once in a while you get something decent  !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

I have a pile of planetary tokens , all you usually get from them is useless crap , once in a while you get something decent  !

My hope is that in Foresaken, they drop at a higher light level. if not, I'll just cash them all in for the shards.  

Right now I have:

Gunsmith Materials: 8565

Crucible: 3213

IB: 527

EDZ:1034

IO:1016

Mars: 126

Titan: 885

Mercury: 278

Nessus: 749

And at least 100+ of each of the planetary materials.

I also have

164 masterwork cores

24,763 bright dust

992 Legendary shards

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

I'm preparing by reinstalling Destiny 2 :D

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member