Photo

Whisper of the Worm or Black Hammer (minor Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

The Destiny 2  version of The Black Hammer has been found in case anyone didn't know already , you have to do this really difficult jumping puzzle that makes all the jumping in The Kings Fall raid look easy , then fight an area loaded with high power  Taken , if your not at least 385 you probably don't want to waste you time it looks rough , oh yeah did I mention that you only have 20 minutes to complete it all !! If you do want to give it a go it's located on IO in the Lost Oasis , you have to do the Taken public event and make it Heroic then Kill The Bullet sponge that will spawn, and a portal will spawn after you kill the Sponge , jump thru and you'll end up in the Ulan Tan Lost Sector without any enemies , the timer starts and the you have to find the Jumping puzzle ! Good Luck and you probably don't want to try this alone !!

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

I heard about this last night, and I'm happy they reintroduced Black Spindle in such a grand way. Not entirely sure why they felt it necessary to rename it, but oh well. It'll be interesting to see whether or not it remains a staple of DPS, because I reckon it'll be dethroned by D.A.R.C.I.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

I went in today to see how far I could get in the jumping puzzle , I surprised myself and got further then I thought I would but , It took me about 10 mins to get to where I got , being my Titan is only 366  I wasn't to worried about going to the end , but it was good practice ,I have heard that Warlocks (even the best of us ) have a horrible time in this , and I can believe that !! I didn't put this up top , but if your not 385 you'll probably not have a fun time at the end , and you should not do it by yourself .

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

I've gotten to the boss room twice.  Then just got wasted.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

I'm gonna wait till I'm  higher up, I'm only 366 /367 depending on which setup I use , I'll use my Titan or Hunter because I hear 'Lock have a really hard time with this and I'm bad at jumping puzzles as it is ! 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

Running Io public events yesterday, my only thought was, "Please don't be a Taken Blight."
I wonder how the Catalyst'll be found then...

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 278 posts

After you get the rifle you will get an heroic 400 light version of the quest on your map you can run. Once you beat that you get the catalyst. Then to rank it up you have to open hidden chest every week and or beat the quest again on heroic, to get the blighted essesses.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

I ran the very last Taken PE that was available.  I got to the adds room at 13:55 left on the clock.  We completed the final boss with 39 seconds left.  

• Vipertec likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

I ran the very last Taken PE that was available.  I got to the adds room at 13:55 left on the clock.  We completed the final boss with 39 seconds left.  

Good Job !! Let us know how the gun really is , I need to "practice" the stupid jumping puzzle before I get to the end , It took me 10 mins to get about 3/4 of the way thru the jumping puzzle so I have to step it up or I'll never get the gun , which I won't be too upset about , Now if this was Icebreaker well that's a whole other story ! (oh yeah I went there !!) 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

Good Job !! Let us know how the gun really is , I need to "practice" the stupid jumping puzzle before I get to the end , It took me 10 mins to get about 3/4 of the way thru the jumping puzzle so I have to step it up or I'll never get the gun , which I won't be too upset about , Now if this was Icebreaker well that's a whole other story ! (oh yeah I went there !!) 

I ran about 6 or 7 practice runs on the jumping puzzle.  I went through by myself just to learn it.  Then when I had a full fire team I was able to blaze through the jumps.

The gun is actually very good. I've wasted yellow bars with it.  I doubt I'll be able to get the masterwork though.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

I ran about 6 or 7 practice runs on the jumping puzzle.  I went through by myself just to learn it.  Then when I had a full fire team I was able to blaze through the jumps.

The gun is actually very good. I've wasted yellow bars with it.  I doubt I'll be able to get the masterwork though.

At least you got the gun , I'll be lucky if I get it , no one in my clan really plays anymore , except my GF and until we are higher we won't stand a chance, I really don't use snipers too much anymore , but maybe once the weapon slots change I can use one again , we'll see !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

At least you got the gun , I'll be lucky if I get it , no one in my clan really plays anymore , except my GF and until we are higher we won't stand a chance, I really don't use snipers too much anymore , but maybe once the weapon slots change I can use one again , we'll see !! 

You're on the PD Discord.  Go into the #lfg-xbox group and ask them.  They've all been really cool.  Dan finity was doing runs for people.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

You're on the PD Discord.  Go into the #lfg-xbox group and ask them.  They've all been really cool.  Dan finity was doing runs for people.  

I got the Spindle from a carry from LMG (my clan) I could carry my own doing that , this however has a retarted jumping puzzle which will slow everyone down , because I'm terrible at them (no matter how much I practice) so I decided I'm not going to worry about getting the gun , I really don't even use snipers that much and while I'd like to have it , with the timer , it's just not going to be possible for me to get it ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

I got the Spindle from a carry from LMG (my clan) I could carry my own doing that , this however has a retarted jumping puzzle which will slow everyone down , because I'm terrible at them (no matter how much I practice) so I decided I'm not going to worry about getting the gun , I really don't even use snipers that much and while I'd like to have it , with the timer , it's just not going to be possible for me to get it ! 

The jumping puzzle was fun.  But you're a Warlock and your dress keeps getting caught on a stalagmite so I understand why you don't want to do it.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 205 posts

This has been the best questline to hit D2.  The process to get to the questline has been poorly done at best.  I spent 4 hours (family was not home) waiting last weekend for an event only to have about 12 cabal events in a row.  I think it had been 18 events in a row when I quit.  Implementation of the Spindle in D1 allowed you to go into the daily story mission to access the quest.  Granted it is open for several weekends in a row but wasting our time waiting for a Blight to spawn is frustrating. 

Long story short I got the gun and it is amazing.  Most rewarding activity so far in D2.  We need more like it....

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

The jumping puzzle was fun.  But you're a Warlock and your dress keeps getting caught on a stalagmite so I understand why you don't want to do it.

I like to wear a dress it lets my ancient junk breath !! When I did do the jumping puzzle it was with my Titan ,still took me more then 10 mins to get about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way thru , if I wanted to do jumping puzzles ,I'd play platformers !!!!!!!!  A small jumping puzzle like in VOG is ok, I only did Kings Fall once , I'm not doing Leviathan or any of the Lairs because of it , but that is my choice , I don't want to jump around like a idiot , I want to shoot aholes ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

I like to wear a dress it lets my ancient junk breath !! When I did do the jumping puzzle it was with my Titan ,still took me more then 10 mins to get about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way thru , if I wanted to do jumping puzzles ,I'd play platformers !!!!!!!!  A small jumping puzzle like in VOG is ok, I only did Kings Fall once , I'm not doing Leviathan or any of the Lairs because of it , but that is my choice , I don't want to jump around like a idiot , I want to shoot aholes ! 

yeah... but...

shooting aholes with the whisper is amazing...

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

yeah... but...

shooting aholes with the whisper is amazing...

That jumping puzzle requires the RT of a teenager and I'm way way way past that , if there was no time limit on it maybe I would do it , I thought I got to 1/2 way in 10 mins , I watched the whole thing last night , not even close . So I just have to let this one go , just like the Solstice of Heroes , I just don't have the time to do it all. 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

That jumping puzzle requires the RT of a teenager and I'm way way way past that , if there was no time limit on it maybe I would do it , I thought I got to 1/2 way in 10 mins , I watched the whole thing last night , not even close . So I just have to let this one go , just like the Solstice of Heroes , I just don't have the time to do it all. 

I've been telling this to a lot of people this week.  

Play the game like you want so that you're having fun playing the game.  

There are things I'm not going to be able to get for one reason or another.  I'm not going to stress about it.  There were things in D1 I never got. Fatebringer, Vex Mythoclast, Tlaloc, etc.  But I had fund doing it the way I wanted.

The thing is. Bungie added the stuff to do. We can choose to do it or not do it.  But at least it is there (now) for us to make that choice.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

I am having fun and while I don't get every gun , In D1 I never got , No Time to Explain , First Curse and I still go checking Xur every Friday to see if he's selling Zen Meteor (PS Exclusive) , I got Vex and the exotic Fatebringer doing raids with my then Clan, who really don't play anymore,but  I'm good with it . I have been messing around with the Solstice of Heroes , It is something to do and while I MAY get the full Legendary set on my Warlock , I know I won't get all 3 characters done and I'm good with that too , but I still enjoy playing this game , I just wish some thing were more asscessible to those of with limited time (daily) .

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1245 posts

If you guys need help with that, hit me up. Me and a friend figured out in what order to kill the knights and wizards to get through as fast as possible and we're able to do it with just the two of us now, even two-manned the heroic a few times now. On a good day I can do the jumping puzzle in 4 minutes lol.