Photo

3x Valor and Mayhem Clash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I'm not sure if you were aware, but as part of the Bungie Day celebration (7/7/18) you can earn 3x valor points in all the valor appropriate crucible matches.  i.e. Quickplay and Mayhem. This is going on from Friday until weekly reset (tomorrow).

I have taken full advantage of it.

I actually just completed my first valor reset Thursday and I had a total of 2,082 valor points with one reset.  As of this morning I am now at 8,533 with 4 resets.  I went hog wild in Mayhem Clash all weekend.  

It's been a long time since I've actually enjoyed myself in the Crucible.  I didn't care about PvE, grinding for anything. I just played Mayhem.

Each day I played until I completed the daily challenges and then switched characters to work on the daily for that character and did this all weekend. I had fun.

I played Golden gun, Nightstalker, Striker, Sentinel, Sunbreaker, Stormcaller and Voidwalker.  I played some of these for the first time in the Crucible.  I was able to have fun with them.  The first time I took the Sentinel in I spent the first super figuring out what did what and then I was a Frisbee throwing machine.  It was on Burnout and I kept throwing my shield and it kept bouncing and hitting opponents.  I really fell in love with the Nighstalker.  I was popping so many I had a high of 23 supers in one game.

I had some really good games and some really cr@ppy games.  I think I may have lost more than I won. But I don't care. I had a fun weekend.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

I did some. I could only do mayhem in small doses. Last night was tethers and hammers everywhere.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I did some. I could only do mayhem in small doses. Last night was tethers and hammers everywhere.

Yes, which is why I went Slovabomb Warlock just to see if I could counter and be different as well.

I laughed my arse off when a hunter jumped over my head, pop his golden gun and I shot him out of the air with Play Of the Game GL...  I am sure he cussed me out.