Photo

Cayde 6 is dead

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1239 posts

So we all saw Cayde die in the E3 Trailer for the new expansion. 

Apparently Bungie have confirmed he'll be gone for real. 

https://gamerant.com...e-cayde-6-dead/

Obviously the details of the story are unclear as of yet but it looks like the Awoken side with the Fallen and flat out execute him. Whoa.

Duffman1986

Duffman1986

Ultimate Titan!!

• 97 posts

Cayde-6 may well be dead, but they didn't say anything about him coming back as Cayde-7

Seems a like they would be giving away a lot of the story if they showed it this early so there must be something more to it..........

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

I already knew about this , as besides seeing the trailer , there has been speculation about it for sometime now , apparently his "son" will take his place! Next time you should put SPOILER ALERT !! Just sayin'

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Spoiler

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 425 posts

Well, Bungie said they wanted a more gritty vibe to their next narrative. This was the way to do it.
It also seems very likely that the character carrying Cayde on the cover art may in fact be his son, Ace. Imagine a revenge story where we have to help him stop the man who killed his father...

And the conversation doesn't end at Cayde. Uldren's back! They've been teasing his return for years, and I love having him as the (presumed) central antagonist for Forsaken. He's a sizable threat too, as the supposed Kell of Kings, or perhaps now the collection that exists in Dusk. This September couldn't be more welcome for TTK 2.0.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Here is an article about Cayde-6

https://www.pcgamer....iny-2-forsaken/

Do you think they shared the detail of Cayde-6 too early?  I kind of do.  I understand why his fate is what it is.  I agree, we want to be emotionally invested in what's going on with the game.  

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 277 posts

The don't care about spoiling the story, they released that so people would buy the DLC. Looks like its working. Cayde died because of money.

• Art of War likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 425 posts

The don't care about spoiling the story, they released that so people would buy the DLC. Looks like its working. Cayde died because of money.

Or perhaps because it ups the stakes in a universe that has little as it stands. Cayde has received the most significant development and personal connection of anything in Destiny, so it's only logical they'd use that to really drive the tone home to their audience.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

I'm kinda bummed about it , but I get why they are doing it , i just wish they would have let us find out about when the dlc released , not this far in advanced . When they killed off Dom Santiago in Gears , I didn't know about it till it happened in the game , i just wish it could have been like that ! 

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 141 posts

I know people are upset at what has happened to cayde but you never know, the storytine needed shaking and also where is the Queen?.  so many questions and possibilities.  

I hope the flesh the story out, the queen's brother is obviously looking for blood.