Photo

Forsaken - Reveal June 5th at 9am PT

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 425 posts

You probably have already seen this information elsewhere, but I'll post it here for record purposes.

I've been rounding up some info from various videos and Reddit regarding the new Supers and subclass options coming with Forsaken.

Sunsingers, rejoice! So it turns out that the new Dawnblade super is called [Well of Radiance], the Dawnblade stabs their Daybreak sword into the ground creating a larger version of Rift that provides BOTH Rift effects and lasts for 30 seconds (sometimes more for some reason). There is also a small solar explosion with some knockback on the initial cast. I've been hearing that the damage increase might be more than 20% and that the healing seems to be stronger than a normal Rift as well.

We also have a bit more info on the rest of the new Attunement's abilities:

Their melee seems to provide a temporary damage buff to you and your nearby allies for about 4-5 seconds.

Dawnblades are also getting access to a "grenade overcharge" ability (like Voidwalker and the new Stormcaller one that spawns an Arc Soul) that lets them turn their grenade into a sphere that provides overshielding to your or allies that walk through it. You get to throw this sphere out too, so you can throw it at your feet or toss it out in front of you.

Their last ability is a perk called [Hearthkeeper]whenever an ally is shielded by your grenade conversion effect, whenever they step into your Well of Radiance or Rift, OR whenever you provide your melee buff, you get a 5 second buff that apparently recharges all three of your abilities grenade, melee, and Rift. And this isn't some measly refund, you get about HALF your ability energy back. With proper management, we should be able to have near constant cooldowns... which is insane.

We also have some more information on Nightstalker.

Their super is called [Spectral Blades] and it is essentially a Void Version of Arc Blade from D1. On cast you pull out a pair of "knives" (they're really big) and go invisible. You can then proceed to stab people with a L1/LB light attack, similar to D2 Bladedancer, or use a heavy R2/RT which will also put you back into stealth.

They have a passive perk called [Veil of Night] which will highlight enemies through terrain. It seems to pulse after crouching for some time in addition to being active during your super, but this needs more confirmation.

There is also a perk called [Thrill of the Hunt] which seems to proc after you Dodge, but the effects aren't listed. Even more obscure is their melee which is also unknown.

We also know a bit more about Striker. Their new super is called [Thundercrash]. They basically get their 1-shot Fist of Havoc back, but with more range and they can guide it to an extent. And their melee ability is like a watered down version of Death From Above. It has a reasonable AoE (unsure if it is affected by height) but it does regular charged melee damage.

I'm so happy about the Well of Radiance. I'd certainly like the timer to be longer, but we've yet to see how exactly it plays out, so I'm not bashing it. I wonder what the chances are that it could be impacted by Exotic Armour that affects your Rifts? Probably not something like Starfire Protocol, but Lunafaction Boots, Sanguine Alchemy and Vesper of Radius seem plausible.
The other abilities sound interesting too. I must admit, I won't be surprised if there's a lot of backlash about giving them an ability which grants themselves and teammates overshields, especially with what sounds like some crazy synergy from Hearthkeeper.

The Nightstalker I'm not overly fussed about. It sounds cool, but I've always enjoyed using Shadowshot, so I'll probably just stick with that most of the time.

The Striker one, however, sounds GREAT for PVP. An ability that you can aim and propel yourself with is likely to be much more effective than a roaming melee super, and the melee sounds effective too.

• DefiantMars likes this

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 141 posts

The reveal looks intersting but i agree with others when they say we need to see what develops.

I want to know more before i splash the cash.

Bungie should of offered this game at their lowest price for all DLC's then people would be happier but they are a company.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

The reveal looks intersting but i agree wioth pothers when they say we need to see what develops.

I want to know more before i splash the cash.

Bungie should of offered this game at their lowest price for all DLC's then people would be happier but they are a company.

No one has said you have to buy Forsaken now.  If you don't buy it, you will still get the QoL improvements. You'll still get new PvP maps. Be able to play in the Iron Banner, etc.  However, Iron Banner and Trials will be power enabled, and if you don't have Forsaken, you won't be able to increase your power over 385.  Max power in Forsaken is 600.  

Wait until the game DLC comes out, read reviews and if there are positive things, then buy it.

For me.  It's a done deal.  I don't believe they should have lowered the cost.  It costs money to develop games.  We're talking $70 for a full years worth of content. Forsaken and three content releases.  I've paid $60 for a game that I played in a few hours and was done with it forever.  

• DefiantMars and templar72 like this

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 141 posts

No one has said you have to buy Forsaken now.  If you don't buy it, you will still get the QoL improvements. You'll still get new PvP maps. Be able to play in the Iron Banner, etc.  However, Iron Banner and Trials will be power enabled, and if you don't have Forsaken, you won't be able to increase your power over 385.  Max power in Forsaken is 600.  

Wait until the game DLC comes out, read reviews and if there are positive things, then buy it.

For me.  It's a done deal.  I don't believe they should have lowered the cost.  It costs money to develop games.  We're talking $70 for a full years worth of content. Forsaken and three content releases.  I've paid $60 for a game that I played in a few hours and was done with it forever.  

Totally right and with all my moaning I will still buy it, haha this community loves a bitch out but we are still sucked into the pull of new content.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

I already pre-ordered 2 of the Deluxe digital copies for 80 a pop , lets hope it's as good as it looks , and it's not another Taken King ( I didn't care for it too much ) 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 425 posts

Went to Cayde to get my flashpoint loot last week.
The pity I felt looking at his face could not be described in mere words.
The rage of being given my fifth Ophidian Aspect however can be perfectly summed up as 'frustrating'. Maybe I won't miss him so much after all...

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Went to Cayde to get my flashpoint loot last week.
The pity I felt looking at his face could not be described in mere words.
The rage of being given my fifth Ophidian Aspect however can be perfectly summed up as 'frustrating'. Maybe I won't miss him so much after all...

I just wanted to give him a hug the first time I saw him after the trailer came out.

• Whopper and Kingdomville like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

I'm still not happy about this as Cayde is my favorite NPC , but it is what it is,nothing we can do about it right now

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

Guardians... Time for some more Forsaken info. It looks like Gameinformer will be covering the Forsaken expansion over the course of July. Here's there video going over this.

https://youtu.be/INc6knNsSEM

Reddit user Skull1103 shared some of the Destiny 2 information from the August Gameinformer article regarding the new Subclass options and Supers. I've transcribed the post and tried to pick it apart a bit more. I HAVE NOT READ THE ARTICLE. I'm just conveying the information that I saw on Reddit and slightly altering text to make it more digestible and read more as perks. If there are any corrections you feel necessary, feel free to let me know. I don't want to be spreading misinformation.

I also heard that the new attunements will be staggered, so we're not getting them all on release day and instead are probably going to get them over the course of a couple weeks. The pragmatist in me totally gets that they don't want to overwhelm the players with new options and unleashing 9 new toolkits into the sandbox at the same time, but the gamer in me is fuming about not being able to play with the ones that I want. We need more info on this matter.

Also, bear in mind that IS possible that things could be changed. It's probably final, but it's not guaranteed.

Huge Edit: New information on subclasses has been released. The info here is partially out of date.

Spoiler

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 425 posts

Guardians... Time for some more Forsaken info. It looks like Gameinformer will be covering the Forsaken expansion over the course of July. Here's there video going over this.

https://youtu.be/INc6knNsSEM

Reddit user Skull1103 shared some of the Destiny 2 information from the August Gameinformer article regarding the new Subclass options and Supers. I've transcribed the post and tried to pick it apart a bit more. I HAVE NOT READ THE ARTICLE. I'm just conveying the information that I saw on Reddit and slightly altering text to make it more digestible and read more as perks. If there are any corrections you feel necessary, feel free to let me know. I don't want to be spreading misinformation.

I also heard that the new attunements will be staggered, so we're not getting them all on release day and instead are probably going to get them over the course of a couple weeks. The pragmatist in me totally gets that they don't want to overwhelm the players with new options and unleashing 9 new toolkits into the sandbox at the same time, but the gamer in me is fuming about not being able to play with the ones that I want. We need more info on this matter.

Also, bear in mind that IS possible that things could be changed. It's probably final, but it's not guaranteed.

Titans

[Sentinel - Code of the Commander]

• Melee: A void melee that cause explosions?
  • Ability 1 - Void Detonator: Void ability damage also attaches a Void Detonator. Subsequent damage causes the detonator to go off and attach detonators to enemies caught in the explosion.
  • Ability 2: Grenade energy partially recharges for you and nearby allies when detonators trigger.
  • Super - Banner Shield: Holding guard during Sentinel’s Shield creates a barrier wall of light that absorbs enemy attacks, but allows ally attacks to pass through.

We don’t have the whole picture here because the melee was written in a really vague manner. It sounds like their melee will cause explosions on hit, but that’s just conjecture. That Void Detonator ability sounds like it will give Sentinels a decent neutral game option. It’s almost like their own version of Bloom. But they can recur grenade energy for themselves and their allies, which makes me a little jealous as a Warlock. Banner Shield could either be amazing or a bust, we’ll have to wait and see. In any case, I hope they revisit Code of the Protector and fix the Ward of Dawn.

[Sunbreaker - Code of the Devastator]

• Melee: Throw your hammer with the melee button, but it remains in the world.
  • Ability 1: Retrieving your hammer will fully recharge your melee ability, and trigger regeneration.
  • Ability 2: Solar-ability kills increase your damage, stacks up to 3 times.
  • Super - Siege Hammer: Creates a flaming maul that hits like an earthquake and leaves behind flame tornadoes.

This melee recursion seems amazing depending on how much damage it does. I am assuming the second ability only works on your solar abilities, not your weapons. That being said. Combining the non-super perks, you could be constantly hurling hammers at your enemies and healing repeatedly. The question is, will the stacking damage apply to the Siege Hammer and will Sythoceps synergize with this ability as well?

[Striker - Code of the Missile]

• Melee: While airborne, melee to slam into the ground like a bunker buster, and gain super energy.
  • Ability 1: Picking up ammo while sliding, will automatically reload your equipped weapon and increase weapon damage for a short time.
  • Super - Thundercrash: Sends you hurtling great distances like a missile to hit a targeted area like a meteor strike.

Not sure if I’m missing an ability here or not. In any case, it seems like this Code wants to be fairly mobile. Don’t know how practical the sliding to reload will be either… Don’t think I’ll be messing with this one too much.

Hunters

[Nightstalker’s - Way of the Wraith]

• Melee: A smoke bomb heavily damages and slows those in its path.
  • Ability 1: Precision kills cause you to vanish and gain truesight.
  • Super - Spectral Blades: Drops you into a veil of shadows to slip behind foes and stab them before they know you’re even there.

We get a tiny bit of ambiguous info that we didn’t have with the Gambit footage. Invisibility and wall hacks seem like a crazy combo for PvP. Yet another flavorful and seemingly powerful option for Nightstalkers.

[Gunslinger - Way of a Thousand Cuts]

• Melee - Knife-Trick: Flings a fan of burning blades.
  • Ability 1: Killing burning enemies recharges your Knife Trick and burning enemies also recharge your dodge.
  • Super - Blade Barrage: Expel a volley of explosive knives at your foes.

It is unclear if the melee/dodge recharge ability is one perk or two. But this seems to be the Gunslinger version of the Warrior Arcstrider with the ability to recycle their melee ability. Seems like a good Add-Clearing option. However, this makes me feel that Outlaw Gunslingers and to a less extent Sharpshooter Gunslingers may require some upgrades.

[Arcstrider - Way of the Current]

• Melee: Slide before a melee to unleash a staff-powered uppercut
  • Ability 1: Melee hits increase your reload speed.
  • Ability 2: All your arc abilities electrify your enemies, and subsequent melee strikes disorient them and refuel your abilities.
  • Super - Whirlwind Guard: You can now guard by spinning your Arc Staff, reflecting back projectiles, and tripling your staff’s damage afterwards.

I’m not a huge fan of this super the ability to guard seems VERY situational even if you’re going to get additional damage. It seems more like an exotic effect to me. At least the second ability sounds like a really good tool for Add Control.

Warlocks

[Voidwalker - Attunement of Fission]

• Melee - Atomic Breach: A melee ability creates a void explosion at range.
  • Ability 1: Hold L1/LB to transform your grenade into a volley of void projectiles.
  • Ability 2: Any void ability kills now heal you and grant ability energy.
  • Super - Nova Warp: Empowers you with trans-dimensional hopping abilities, letting you repeatedly teleport short distances and then erupt in a burst of energy.

The grenade conversion ability can be seen in the beginning of the Gameinformer video; it seems pretty cool. Overall this looks to be a versatile choice. However, seeing this makes me concerned about the state of Chaos Voidwalkers. I think they’re going to need some more potency added to their Entropic Pull ability or some other way to recur their grenades.

[Stormcaller - Attunement of Control]

• Melee: Tap the melee button to fling out a long-distance electricity ball that eventually detonates, flinging a lighting bolt downward.
  • Ability 1 - Ionic Trace: Arc Kills sometimes create Ionic Traces, a spark of raw arc energy that travels across the ground toward you, which can be collected to recharge abilities
  • Super - Chaos Reach: Fire a long-range Arc beam of intense and focused damage. Can be deactivated early to save energy.

It is unclear as to whether Ionic Trace is one ability or two. If I’m reading into this correctly, it seems like Stormcallers are getting a ranged melee. I don’t like that Ionic Trace appears to be random as bad RNG can ruin your tempo. But if the rate is good, you could have a lot of abilities to throw out. This leaves the “Consume Grenade to spawn Arc Soul” ability unaccounted for. Which means either its here as a fourth ability or it could mean the other Attunements might be getting some new tools. Conduction and Elements really could use some help.

[Dawnblade - Attunement of Grace]

• Melee: A solar melee attack that ignites enemies and empower nearby allies.
  • Ability 1: Hold L1/LB to transform your grenade into a Blessing, a projectile that heals allies and drops retrievable overshield orbs.
  • Ability 2 - Hearthkeeper: Any ability that heals or empowers helps regen your non-Super abilities.
  • Super - Well of Radiance: Slam your Daybreak sword into the ground, creating a wide-radius aura that rapidly heals and empowers your allies.

Gameplay appears to be unchanged since Gambit footage. But now we have the Attunement’s name. I’m still very much looking forward to using this.

As much as they all sound cool, can't say that I'm overly thrilled about the fact that the new super abilities are exclusive to attunement options, or the fact that some subclasses don't get a new ability in the first place. Kinda thought we'd have a new super ability for each subclass with two new trees branching off them, but oh well.

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

As much as they all sound cool, can't say that I'm overly thrilled about the fact that the new super abilities are exclusive to attunement options, or the fact that some subclasses don't get a new ability in the first place. Kinda thought we'd have a new super ability for each subclass with two new trees branching off them, but oh well.

I agree its not the most... elegant solution. But considering the current structure of the perk system, with its lack of parity between attunements beyond all having a melee, I wasn't expecting much more anyway. Without seriously restructuring how the perks themselves are handled, third attunements are probably the best we're getting. Of course I'd prefer to have more customization, but I don't think we're going to get the perks opened up during Destiny 2's lifespan.

I'd be way more content with the current system of predefined clusters if Bungie would really commit to them. I think each one should be their own powerful, versatile option that builds off both a fantasy archetype AND a gameplay style.

Overall, I think the new options we're getting looks pretty great, in terms of both flavor and mechanics with some exceptions. It is a bit disappointing that the Arcstrider super move and Sentinel guarding feature aren't full supers on their own. But unless handled well, I think they look super situational. Sunbreaker and Striker have modified version of their supers but they still feel like they're new takes on the concepts. I think we Warlock made out like bandits this time around. Their supers still feel thematically connected to their existing counterparts, but totally feel fresh.

Unfortunately, seeing this really makes me think that many of the current existing attunements are really underwhelming and NEED to be reworked sometime in the near future. Some just don't do a good job in conveying their fantasies through their gameplay.

• Sky Dawnblade's super feels inconsistent and is held back by the aerial accuracy mechanics of the game. Flame Dawnblade's neutral game is stale and has virtually no firepower which is really annoying for someone that's supposed to be akin to a pyromancer.
  • Chaos Voidwalkers just don't feel like they're spreading enough mayhem; the new Fission Voidwalker seems like its going to do more destruction.
  • Both Conduction and Elements Stormcallers feel underwhelming in most cases. Conduction has no ability recursion that is core to Warlock gameplay and Elements feel fairly directionless.
  • Outlaw Gunslinger just has pitiful super damage and virtually no neutral game potency.
  • Protector Sentinels feel too cookie cutter and don't take advantage of the three forms of shielding they can provide, Barricade, Ward of Dawn, and the regular Sentinel Shield.

They don't tell their own stories and I think THAT is the biggest offense with this current system. The new options just highlight the lameness of these attunements.

That got more ranty than I intended.... I like the new stuff, but I think our old stuff could be better. I think its the least Bungie can do if we're not going to go back to full customization in Destiny 2.

• Kingdomville likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 425 posts

I agree its not the most... elegant solution. But considering the current structure of the perk system, with its lack of parity between attunements beyond all having a melee, I wasn't expecting much more anyway. Without seriously restructuring how the perks themselves are handled, third attunements are probably the best we're getting. Of course I'd prefer to have more customization, but I don't think we're going to get the perks opened up during Destiny 2's lifespan.

I'd be way more content with the current system of predefined clusters if Bungie would really commit to them. I think each one should be their own powerful, versatile option that builds off both a fantasy archetype AND a gameplay style.

Overall, I think the new options we're getting looks pretty great, in terms of both flavor and mechanics with some exceptions. It is a bit disappointing that the Arcstrider super move and Sentinel guarding feature aren't full supers on their own. But unless handled well, I think they look super situational. Sunbreaker and Striker have modified version of their supers but they still feel like they're new takes on the concepts. I think we Warlock made out like bandits this time around. Their supers still feel thematically connected to their existing counterparts, but totally feel fresh.

Unfortunately, seeing this really makes me think that many of the current existing attunements are really underwhelming and NEED to be reworked sometime in the near future. Some just don't do a good job in conveying their fantasies through their gameplay.

• Sky Dawnblade's super feels inconsistent and is held back by the aerial accuracy mechanics of the game. Flame Dawnblade's neutral game is stale and has virtually no firepower which is really annoying for someone that's supposed to be akin to a pyromancer.
  • Chaos Voidwalkers just don't feel like they're spreading enough mayhem; the new Fission Voidwalker seems like its going to do more destruction.
  • Both Conduction and Elements Stormcallers feel underwhelming in most cases. Conduction has no ability recursion that is core to Warlock gameplay and Elements feel fairly directionless.
  • Outlaw Gunslinger just has pitiful super damage and virtually no neutral game potency.
  • Protector Sentinels feel too cookie cutter and don't take advantage of the three forms of shielding they can provide, Barricade, Ward of Dawn, and the regular Sentinel Shield.

They don't tell their own stories and I think THAT is the biggest offense with this current system. The new options just highlight the lameness of these attunements.

That got more ranty than I intended.... I like the new stuff, but I think our old stuff could be better. I think its the least Bungie can do if we're not going to go back to full customization in Destiny 2.

Yeah, it's unlikely we'll see a major overhaul of this system in D2's lifetime, but with the recent revelation they seem to have had about where Destiny as a franchise should be focused, I'm holding onto hope that we'll see a much more in-depth system for the next major installment, likely more akin to D1's layout. 

I am still excited for these: just not as much as I could be. I do agree that it seems like Warlocks got the most love here: both the Dawnblade and Voidwalker upgrades sound really exciting, and I'm certainly interested to try the new Gunslinger and Striker.

• DefiantMars likes this

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

Gameinformer released a new article https://www.gameinfo...bclass-branches

This contains more in depth info on the new subclass options in addition to an interview with Senior Sandbox Designer for D2: Forsaken, Claude Jerome.

In an effort to keep up to date info on the forum, here is the updates for the new perks and some super paraphrased info from the interview. The subclasses are in interview order.

Titans

Spoiler

Warlocks

Spoiler

Hunters

Spoiler

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Thanks. And thanks for putting the spoiler tag on them.  I'm trying to stay away from the Game Informer information.  I've heard too much was revealed, especially about the story line, which I don't want to know about until I play the game.

I'm hearing really good things about the supers. But I"m worried that the Hunter is going to feel week in comparison to the Titan and Warlock supers.

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 204 posts

Thanks. And thanks for putting the spoiler tag on them.  I'm trying to stay away from the Game Informer information.  I've heard too much was revealed, especially about the story line, which I don't want to know about until I play the game.

I'm hearing really good things about the supers. But I"m worried that the Hunter is going to feel week in comparison to the Titan and Warlock supers.

I totally forgot how to do it the last time, so I went back and collapsed my last post too (although I can't do anything about the quote). I'm trying to avoid story spoilers myself, but I'm personally okay with the mechanical additions. I want to know what I'm getting into before hand. 

As a Warlock, I'm absolutely thrilled about our new options, but I share concerns about the Arcstrider's new super, it looks impressive. I fear it will be far too situational to be used properly. Similarly, I think the Sentinel's Banner Shield might need to apply a Weapons of Light effect to allied attacks that pass through the barrier or something in order to compensate for the loss of the Titan's damage. However, I think that the Nightstalker and Gunslinger have potential depending on how they're tuned. The Gunslinger's super seems like it's a one-and-done ability, which has its merits.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

I am good with QoL discussions and Foresaken.  but I don't want to know story.

I'm just worried about the Hunter in general.  It seems like the Titan and Warlock are both getting amazing supers. But the hunter still has 3 current mediocre supers and getting more mediocre ones.