• 5068 posts

https://twitter.com/...682817039929345

Today June 5th at 9am PT (Noon ET)

Let the foreskin jokes commence...

Just watched the Vidoc!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

gimme NOW!!!

De8QGKQU0AABILa.jpg

Unfortunately, there will be PS exclusive stuff.

De8PR8aUcAE2oyU.jpg

giphy.gif

• str8upnobs and DefiantMars like this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 73 posts

Only watched the first 2 minutes but, WOW. . . looks pretty good so far.

Whopper

Whopper

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

Well, i will wait. The history learned me, dont trust bungie. They lie when they open the mouth. They a clever in generate wohoo and wow effects.

Anyway, the fu**ed me again. I am PC player and have to pay the same money than PS4 gamers and get less, gear, less strikes less sh*t. 

Same as every Version.  

• Art of War and R MK XXV like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

Well, i will wait. The history learned me, dont trust bungie. They lie when they open the mouth. They a clever in generate wohoo and wow effects.

Anyway, the fu**ed me again. I am PC player and have to pay the same money than PS4 gamers and get less, gear, less strikes less sh*t. 

Same as every Version.  

No, you'll get it, just a year later than the PS4 people.  I am not a fan of platform specific exclusives.  But Sony paid to do it to try to entice people to buy PlayStations.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 405 posts

Wow... I was expecting big things, but this is crazy! Power weapons in the Kinetic and Energy slots? New super abilities? BOWS? PVP AND PVE INVOLVED IN THE SAME ACTIVITY? I'M SO READY.

Must say that I'm a bit confused about the plot of this expansion. We're obviously going to the Reef, but with who? Fighting who? For what goal? Hopefully they'll release something more comprehensive at some point.

All in all, Destiny 2 does not feel forsaken, not that it ever did. I can't see anything that hasn't been touched on.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1525 posts

...  I'm a bit confused about the plot of this expansion.

Isn't it like that in every Destiny expansion?  :P

Well, the hype train is definitely at full steam.

Strangely ... it didn't excite me.

I think I'm going to get off at the next station. 

I have a few things I still want to do in the game, but when those are complete I think I'm done.

Maybe I'll join back up later after the real player reviews start rolling in.

Maybe I'll wait longer until they start discounting the passes.

Who knows ...

• Art of War likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 405 posts

I have a few things I still want to do in the game, but when those are complete I think I'm done.

Who knows ...

Not really. Most of the expansion teasers provided the grounds for a basic description of the story, but I couldn't even see that in this Vidoc. But hey, I'm not hung up over it.

It won't excite everybody, but that's okay. We've got a long time to wait anyway, so there's plenty of reason to be apprehensive.

• michael6745 likes this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 737 posts

Who knows ...

Same... but it is nice to see Bungie pay respect to Destiny 1 players with their next DLC name. 

forsaken for·sak·en (adjective): abandoned or deserted.

• michael6745 likes this

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

I'm cautiously optimistic as usual. Collections, new weapon types, and the new/old weapon system seem promising.

I'm very interested to see more of these new supers. The Stormcaller and Voidwalker ones seem super cool, hopefully the Dawnblade one will be able to compete.

• michael6745 likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 405 posts

I'm cautiously optimistic as usual. Collections, new weapon types, and the new/old weapon system seem promising.

I'm very interested to see more of these new supers. The Stormcaller and Voidwalker ones seem super cool, hopefully the Dawnblade one will be able to compete.

Long time no see dude! Radiance 2.0, if we're lucky? Maybe my efficiency won't go down trying to play a Dawnblade anymore.

• DefiantMars and michael6745 like this

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

I burnt myself out and ended up taking an extended hiatus from playing Destiny. But hopefully I'm back this time, in preparation for September.

Reddit seems to think that the Dawnblade stabbing the ground at 8:24 may be indicative of their new Super option because it doesn't seem like a regular Phoenix Dive stab. I'm not sure if that is the case or not, but some iteration on Song of Flame would be awesome for me at least. I 'm just hoping that we'll get a well-rounded Dawnblade option that is suitable towards being supportive.

2:48 is interesting because it looks like the Stormcaller is consuming their grenade to proc Arc Soul, akin to a Voidwalker and I find that quite intriguing.

• michael6745 and Kingdomville like this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 405 posts

I burnt myself out and ended up taking an extended hiatus from playing Destiny. But hopefully I'm back this time, in preparation for September.

Reddit seems to think that the Dawnblade stabbing the ground at 8:24 may be indicative of their new Super option because it doesn't seem like a regular Phoenix Dive stab. I'm not sure if that is the case or not, but some iteration on Song of Flame would be awesome for me at least. I 'm just hoping that we'll get a well-rounded Dawnblade option that is suitable towards being supportive.

2:48 is interesting because it looks like the Stormcaller is consuming their grenade to proc Arc Soul, akin to a Voidwalker and I find that quite intriguing.

The new abilities will probably get more fleshed out in the coming months, but I reckon that was just a regular Daybreak Phoenix Dive personally. Didn't seem much different. But yes. Dawnblade NEEDS to be reigned back and focused towards support again.

INSTANT ARC SOUL SUMMONING? Yes please. Also the new Voidwalker Super looks SICK.

• DefiantMars likes this

Duffman1986

Duffman1986

Ultimate Titan!!

• 97 posts

Watched the teaser trailer for it this morning, must admit the new/old weapon system looks ace, just hope they allow you to infuse any weapon as long as it's in the same slot like in Destiny 1 rather than it having to be the exact same weapon but I guess only time will tell

Still a little on the fence about it as we know what Bungie are like but it seems a step in the right direction...........

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1239 posts

I did like what I saw, however I'm a little cautious given Bungies recent failures. 

The price though... over here it's 39,- EUR ($45) for the expansion, 69,- EUR ($80) for the expansion & the season pass and 79,- EUR ($92) for the deluxe edition. 

That's a whole lot of money, I'm especially curious over the season pass. If they keep doing events in their recent pace I'll probably get 2 events for 30 bucks.  ===

• str8upnobs likes this

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 73 posts

After watching it in it's entirety last night. It says and does all of the right things for sure. . . But as most have already said, I'll wait it out and see what ACTUALLY ends up happening. Too many damn good games in that release window (RDR2, Spiderman By INSOMNIAC/SONY,  Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and rumored possibilities of a new Fallout and/or BorderLands games. ), to be throwing money at Bungie right now for me. But I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

• Art of War and Whopper like this

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 101 posts

After watching it in it's entirety last night. It says and does all of the right things for sure. . . But as most have already said, I'll wait it out and see what ACTUALLY ends up happening. Too many damn good games in that release window (RDR2, Spiderman By INSOMNIAC/SONY,  Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and rumored possibilities of a new Fallout and/or BorderLands games. ), to be throwing money at Bungie right now for me. But I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

+ Battlefield 5! Fallout 76 - I've heard a rumor, that it will maybe be a multiplayer.. don't like the sound of that, elder scrolls online was a massive failure if you ask me.. But I love Fallout!

• str8upnobs likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

Thanks for answering one of my questions , Xbox will get the yr 1 Exclusives in Sept. 

I am excited we are getting compound bows , being a 3d target archer this is my forte' now look out !!!  :woot:  :woot:

str8upnobs

str8upnobs

Forum Sergeant

• 73 posts

+ Battlefield 5! Fallout 76 - I've heard a rumor, that it will maybe be a multiplayer.. don't like the sound of that, elder scrolls online was a massive failure if you ask me.. But I love Fallout!

Yeah, I too unfortunately bought Elder Scrolls Online. Big waste of time and money. I forgot all about BF5. I get burnt out on mp shooters very quickly anymore. Probably part of it is because as I age my motor skills aren't as sharp as they once were. Especially my eyesight. Sadly my once ungodly K/D ratio from the BF1942/BF:Vietnam days has sunk worse and worse with each passing year, lol. Destiny is one of the few mp games where I can compensate for this a lot by knowing the encounters/maps like the back of my hand.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

Must say that I'm a bit confused about the plot of this expansion. We're obviously going to the Reef, but with who? Fighting who? For what goal? Hopefully they'll release something more comprehensive at some point.

Deej did say in the reveal stream that they've left a lot of questions unanswered "by design".  We have three months until release so we have plenty of time to get more details.   They gave us a tease and left us wanting more.  Kind of like my first girlfriend...  LOL...

I did like what I saw, however I'm a little cautious given Bungies recent failures. 

The price though... over here it's 39,- EUR ($45) for the expansion, 69,- EUR ($80) for the expansion & the season pass and 79,- EUR ($92) for the deluxe edition. 

That's a whole lot of money, I'm especially curious over the season pass. If they keep doing events in their recent pace I'll probably get 2 events for 30 bucks.  ===

I'm okay with the pricing.  I'll put in US dollars.

Going with the Digital Deluxe 

$40 for the Expansion

$10 per DLC (3 DLCs) $30

$10 for extra stuff

$80 for another year of Destiny.

It is STILL the cheapest $/hour played game I own.

Thanks for answering one of my questions , Xbox will get the yr 1 Exclusives in Sept. 

I am excited we are getting compound bows , being a 3d target archer this is my forte' now look out !!!  :woot:  :woot:

They said the compound bows will be PS exclusive for 2 years.  

hahaha just kidding, don't shoot me...

I am cautiously optimistic as well.  But I have faith that they've heard what the community has said and will start delivering on that.  There will be in influx of new possible great games coming out (I'm looking forward to Fallout 76). We'll see what happens.  But from what I've seen, I'm excited and I stowed away on the hype train.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

i'm going to get the $80.00 digital deluxe as well times 2 , I 'll also have the PS exclusives to look forward to ,can't wait ,may have to put in for some vacation days !!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

DragonRider9122

DragonRider9122

New Blood

• 1 posts

The reveal was amazing, im looking forward to forsaken

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 405 posts

Deej did say in the reveal stream that they've left a lot of questions unanswered "by design".  We have three months until release so we have plenty of time to get more details.   They gave us a tease and left us wanting more.  Kind of like my first girlfriend...  LOL...

Dude... ouch  :laugh:

DefiantMars

DefiantMars

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

I keep thinking about the new Gambit gamemode.

Two teams of four collect motes from minions of darkness to trigger a boss. You can send one member of your team to the other team's map to invade. It seems that the invader is red and can probably steal motes from the players they kill.

You're basically invading like in Dark Souls.

Now if I could just get some of my old Sunsinger skills back, we'd be able to participate in some Jolly Cooperation.

• Kingdomville likes this