Exotic Catalysts and Factions

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

Just FYI:

Graviton Lance exotic catalyst is only available if you pledge Dead Orbit.  

Sun Shot comes from pledging FWC

Sweet Business comes from pledging NM

I have a feeling that the changes to they're going to make to the Faction Rally is that pledging is account based. So you'll only be able to pledge to one faction for each rally.  That's just my thought.  

I see Dead Orbit winning the first Faction Rally of season 3.

• sgtcoy likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 405 posts

Just FYI:

Graviton Lance exotic catalyst is only available if you pledge Dead Orbit.  

Sun Shot comes from pledging FWC

Sweet Business comes from pledging NM

I have a feeling that the changes to they're going to make to the Faction Rally is that pledging is account based. So you'll only be able to pledge to one faction for each rally.  That's just my thought.  

I see Dead Orbit winning the first Faction Rally of season 3.

Yep, I will be shocked if DO doesn't get the win this time. Not only is Graviton Lance incredibly effective in D2's current state, but the Catalyst is a major upgrade for it.

I'm still pledging to New Monarchy though. While I'm not happy about the fact that I have to pledge to different factions to acquire certain Catalysts, I do see how it can improve the significance of Faction Rallies. 

Side Note: NM gets Sweet Business? Really? Don't get me wrong, I like SB, but there are so many more exciting options that they could've gone with. Fighting Lion, The Huckleberry, The Wardcliff Coil, pretty much anything else would've been better.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

Well I guess I'll be pledging DO this time around because Graviton Lance is my Destiny 2 Icebreaker !!

• supermarkus22 likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 405 posts

Well I guess I'll be pledging DO this time around because Graviton Lance is my Destiny 2 Icebreaker !!

See, that's what frustrates me (with all due respect, Viper). In my mind, the main problem with the Faction Rally is that no-one seems to really understand the main intents of each faction, because Bungie hasn't taken the opportunity to explain them properly. It's all about the loot, which would be fine if there was less of a difference in principles between each faction. I feel that properly understanding the goals and aims of the faction you choose would help create a much more significant difference in the action of choosing a faction, hence I'm a New Monarchy guy.

Dead Orbit: You know what? Screw the Traveller. Do we really owe it anything? It's presence is just gonna get us killed.
Future War Cult: Illegal time travel experiments that get people killed or drive them insane and don't really achieve much for our future, WOO!
New Monarchy: What? No... we're not fascists! We just believe that power should be given to one single authority of 'unimpeachable' character! Wait... that is fascism? Oh... Well, at least we take priority in bettering the lives of the city's people! HA!

And imagine where they could go if they added the Concordat and the Seven Seraphs! Heck, while we're at it, why isn't the Vanguard a faction? One based around the support of Guardian's themselves would make perfect sense, and the Vanguard is a great fit.
Again, no offense to anybody who prioritises rewards, I'd just like to see more emphasis placed on the significance of pledging to a faction.

• Whopper likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

If it wasn't for the loot , I probably wouldn't join a Faction at all , what would be the reason , we are Guardians , it's all about the loot (game wise) . If it was a real life thing I for one wouldn't join a faction , ok maybe the Vanguard . 

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

Yeah, I wouldn't give the Faction Rallies any of my time except getting the Catalyst for the Graviton Lance.  I must get it!!!  I completed all my catalyst that I had drop over the last week.  Got the Huckleberry, D.A.R.C.I and Tractor Cannon.  The DARCI took the longest by far.  I was done popping heads off by the time it was over.  Still waiting to get the Crimson to drop for me.  I have a feeling it will be my Ghallahorn for D2.  As after playing D1 for 35+ days I never got it drop after numerous raids and NF's.  I had to buy it when Xur sold it.  So I'm kinda thinking that the Crimson will be that gun for me in D2.  Something to play for I guess.... 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

I've truly never understood the factions in Destiny.  I just pledged, because I wanted their loot in D1.  Once I found out that you could get an exotic class item by pledging them, I pledged.  I think that was almost 1 year into me playing the game.  Otherwise, I would never have pledged any of them.  I got my exotic class item for my Hunter and Titan for all three factions in D1. Just because it was something to work towards.  

• sgtcoy likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

To get the Graviton Lance Catalyst you have to reach  rank 50 this season , that's for all 3 of the Exotic  catalyst available , I know I don't have the time to do all that , just reaching rank 50 would be a major chore for me , to do it 3  times just won't happen , that and the fact that I'm not to fond of the Faction rally in the first place ! 

• sgtcoy likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

To get the Graviton Lance Catalyst you have to reach  rank 50 this season , that's for all 3 of the Exotic  catalyst available , I know I don't have the time to do all that , just reaching rank 50 would be a major chore for me , to do it 3  times just won't happen , that and the fact that I'm not to fond of the Faction rally in the first place ! 

I can understand.  They're redoing the faction rally, so you may like it when it comes around.  We'll see what happens.  I think they're going to make pledging a faction account based.  Which means you'll have to get one done before you get the others going.  ??

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

Yeah..  Hopefully the "ranking up" is fairly quick.  I watched a few videos that explained what to expect from the Faction Rallies and as far as I understood there isn't going to be tokens to turn in to rank up.  I forgot which video stated that.  That would be nice. 

A more meaningful approach would be if they did a daily tally of points or whatever and awarded the winning faction so many points or rank levels.  I'll be curious if they fumble another loot pool behind a paywall again.  It seems to be par for the course in D2.  Kinda like the IB emote that was what 10 bucks of real money to get. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

They SHOULD put the Factions back to the way the were in D1  this way everyone can do it at their own pace and you don't have to cram it in all in in a week on top of all the other things you have to do ! 

• sgtcoy likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 405 posts

They SHOULD put the Factions back to the way the were in D1  this way everyone can do it at their own pace and you don't have to cram it in all in in a week on top of all the other things you have to do ! 

Yeah, I could definitely get behind that as a change. Each Faction Rally does kind of just feel like an excuse for an event, particularly considering they were much more integral to the grind back in D1.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

The Factions should be available all the time like D1 , I don't care much for the Faction rallies , I will participate because I use Graviton Lance all the time otherwise I wouldn't . It's kinda like Iron Banner you put in a whole lot of time and effort for a whole lot of CRAP !!!

• sgtcoy likes this

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1239 posts

Do these actually make a difference? I got a bunch of them already but I didn't really work them 'cause I thought it probably doesn't make much of a difference anyway.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

Do these actually make a difference? I got a bunch of them already but I didn't really work them 'cause I thought it probably doesn't make much of a difference anyway.

It depends.  Crimson it gives you 95 on the range stat.  Pretty good

Sweet Business the catalyst reduces the amount of incoming flinch you get from enemy shots.  Not so good.

Vigilance wing becomes full auto.  Pretty damn good

Graviton Lance +20 range / + 10 aim assist / hidden hand perk.  Pretty f-ing good which is why Dead Orbit will win this round of the Faction Rally.

• DaniArrow likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

They need to rethink this whole faction rally thing , the way it is now is just a giant pain in the ass !! Exotic catalysts should not be attached to the factions ,just sayin'

Duffman1986

Duffman1986

Ultimate Titan!!

• 97 posts

I had the D.A.R.C.I catalyst drop for me last night, is that good?? lol

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

I had the D.A.R.C.I catalyst drop for me last night, is that good?? lol

Depends on if you want to use DARCI or not.   The catalyst gives it +20 stability.

• Duffman1986 likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

This whole Faction rally thing is a giant pain in the ASS !! I use Graviton Lance all the time and I want the Catalyst , I don't however have the time to rank up to 50 , they need to rethink this ,again !!! 

• supermarkus22 likes this

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 273 posts

I was one of the few of did FWC, hit rank 50 friday and grinded the sunshot. OMG I had to get like a 1000 sunshot explosion kills before it was done. Took me all day Saturday to get it. Now im so sick of shooting it to care lol

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

I just don't have the time to get to rank 50 not gonna happen

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

I just don't have the time to get to rank 50 not gonna happen

I'm not going to hit rank 50 this round either.  I'm only at 35.  But we have three faction rallies this season to get it done.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4156 posts

I haven't  even hit double digits yet ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

I haven't  even hit double digits yet ! 

This is where I tapped into my Titan and Warlock.  Normally, I've just been running my hunter of late.  But I'll do the Titan and Warlock Faction Rally daily milestone to get the extra tokens.  I was ending up with 100+ tokens a day.  I've been playing a lot of Mayhem!!!!

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 405 posts

Finally completed the shading of all my Warlock's armour! Just gotta grind my Titan and Hunter now. Glad that I haven't gotten any of the new Warmind Faction shaders: the FWC and NM ones suck.