Iron Banner 5/22

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

Super kills are going to be difficult. 

That's because they need to be supper kills.. come on....

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

That's because they need to be supper kills.. come on....

:P    

I have a hard enough time getting "kills" let alone SUPER kills. :laugh:

I was on the struggle bus just trying to get double kills for the milestones yesterday.  Managed to get 2 at some point, but struggled through the next 3 or 4 matches trying for that 3rd.  Couldn't get it with rockets, supers, grenades ... the almighty Telesto was even failing me. 

I finally managed to nail that 3rd double kill, and followed it up with 3 more that match shortly after. 

Funny how that happens.  Maybe  my super kills will happen like that. 

Any suggestions on what Hunter subclass to roll with for them?

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

It was fun playing with you...  LOL...

I just find it funny that we were paired together.  

I fully agree about the Iron Banner meaning something.  In D1, you'd get that rare drop of IB stuff that was 1 or 2 LL above your current light.  From what I'm hearing/reading, I think Bungie is looking at this again along with the better ways to rank up.  Everything you do during the game, should move you closer to be strong enough to play the end game.  You shouldn't play the end game in order to do everything during the game.  So we'll see what comes of the update today and what comes in the July update.  

LOL

It was a total fumble fingers as I was typing on my iPad.  Glad it made you laugh.  :)

I'm a simple guy of simple taste. There's nothing more hilarious to me than spelling errors.

I was on the struggle bus just trying to get double kills for the milestones yesterday.  Managed to get 2 at some point, but struggled through the next 3 or 4 matches trying for that 3rd.  Couldn't get it with rockets, supers, grenades ... the almighty Telesto was even failing me. 

I finally managed to nail that 3rd double kill, and followed it up with 3 more that match shortly after. 

A top-tree Nightstalker with Gemini Jester might do you some good. Wordline Zero could be a good Power choice there too.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

You do know with the double kills, it's not just YOUR kills,  if you damage two opponents and your team mates finish them off in rapid succession, it counts as the double.  The same goes for the defeat 5 guardians in a single life. As long as you put damage onto someone you get credit.  It's a cheezy thing, but there have been times I just have the 5 kill to go, I'm playing bad, so I'll just hang with the group, tag one, back off and let them finish it.  I have done that only a couple of times. Sometimes that's harder to do than get the 5 kill on your own.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4269 posts

You do know with the double kills, it's not just YOUR kills,  if you damage two opponents and your team mates finish them off in rapid succession, it counts as the double.  The same goes for the defeat 5 guardians in a single life. As long as you put damage onto someone you get credit.  It's a cheezy thing, but there have been times I just have the 5 kill to go, I'm playing bad, so I'll just hang with the group, tag one, back off and let them finish it.  I have done that only a couple of times. Sometimes that's harder to do than get the 5 kill on your own.

I did not know this , make sense why I needed so many kills or whatever  and thought it would take a few more rounds and the next thing I knew I'd be done and go , how did that happen ! 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

I did not know this , make sense why I needed so many kills or whatever  and thought it would take a few more rounds and the next thing I knew I'd be done and go , how did that happen ! 

I was the same way a while back.  I thought, I only put one bullet in that guy, how'd I get a double.  Then I looked at the challenge. It states "defeat" not "kill".  In the "friend" world of Destiny 2, they made everything a team effort.

• Vipertec likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 205 posts

Brings a whole new meaning to "Friends with Benefits!"

• michael6745 likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

I didn't know that. 

Guess that means I was really sucking it up if I couldn't score a double kill off my teammates in 4 games. :laugh:

• michael6745 likes this

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1245 posts

I think it's funny how people react everytime we get an old map  or old exotic back. Bungie are basically making D2 look good by turning it back into D1.  :laugh:

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5199 posts

I think it's funny how people react everytime we get an old map  or old exotic back. Bungie are basically making D2 look good by turning it back into D1.  :laugh:

Yes and no on the maps. D2 definitely needs more maps.  I am fine with bringing back old maps (for no charge, like they're doing).  There are some of the old ones I really liked and I miss them.