• 5203 posts

They used Bannerfall in this photo...  I wonder.... *hoping*

DdgSRc7UwAAqhIf.jpg

https://twitter.com/...570192434642944

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I always hated Banner Fall , except in Mayhem , so I know it's gonna happen , However it may not be Bannerfall , it may be the old Tower !! We will just have to wait and see ! 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

Nah, with that tree and the Concordat flag, you know it's definitely Bannerfall. Definitely looking forward to this though! Maybe Rusted Lands, Exodus Blue or First Light next? Plz?

Also does anyone remember when Bannerfall was introduced? I feel like it was TTK, but I might be wrong.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

No your right it , it was TTK , when they first let us loose in Bannerfall 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I couldn't find Bannerfall in the Private Match list.  WTF?!?

I played several games of IB last night.  I first turned in all my tokens from season 2 and got to rank 15.   :woot:   I was playing on about 3 hours sleep.  So I didn't play long. But  I needed one more token to get one more rank so I started a new game.

It was 6 blueberries against a full stacked team of butt huggers team shotting expletives...

They literally were six guardians just holding each others butts and team shotting us and got the score up pretty quick.  But my team of blueberries was not having it.  We started picking them off, they got separated and we came back and beat them 125 to 83.  

It was just one of those feel good moments that even though we're not stacked, we're still smart enough to beat them.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

Yeah I went to turn in all of my tokens to rank up...  But then I realized I didn't have any to turn in...  So I'm at a rank 3 maybe.  Had a couple of good games but there were some that were bad. 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

Played 7 games and went 2/5.  Some matches were close.  There were a few blowouts.

Made it to level 2 before calling it a night.

Managed to get my hands on the Autorifle and hunter Gauntlets.

I surprisingly had fun.  I was having a blast with Telesto.  Scored many 2 for 1's with it, along with pulling off some pretty good distance shots with it.  It was like a sniper rifle cluster bomb combo. 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

Easy to say I had a MUCH better time in the Iron Banner than I did in Competitive a few days ago. Got mercy ruled in one, which sucked, but for the most part each match felt fairly close. Masterworked my Wisened Rebuke for the first match with a reload speed increase, so I was tearing it up for at least 2 minutes.

What's the new Bannerfall or... whatever it's called like? Haven't had a chance to play it yet, maybe this weekend.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

Iron Banner has been good so far , I just wish I had more time to play , it's been a crazy week , at least there is a 3 day weekend coming up and it's supposed to rain , I try and get some matches in then !  I did get to play on Bannerfall , it's just like the the old Bannerfall except a little more war torn ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Easy to say I had a MUCH better time in the Iron Banner than I did in Competitive a few days ago. Got mercy ruled in one, which sucked, but for the most part each match felt fairly close. Masterworked my Wisened Rebuke for the first match with a reload speed increase, so I was tearing it up for at least 2 minutes.

What's the new Bannerfall or... whatever it's called like? Haven't had a chance to play it yet, maybe this weekend.

I finally got to play Bannerfall last night. It is called Bannerfall.  It was good, they made a couple of changes, nothing major.  I was more looking around than playing for the first minute.  LOL...

The changes they made besides being war torn.  The two tunnels behind B where the heavy used to spawn, now lead to a back room and the door is open back there.  It was weird.  The two doorways at the A and C points on the second story leading out into the main courtyard appear to be smaller than in D1.

I also got to play Solitude last night as well. The last of the new maps I hand't played.  Between NOT knowing the map and being placed against a stacked team, I spent more time dying than shooting.  They had the points locked down.  I didn't know any of the lanes so I was useless in trying to counter.  I tought I'd flank, but that route didnt' take me where I thought it might.  So I go over there, which was in direct sniping lane.  It was horrible. Plus it was my last game I was getting tired.  So I contribute my bad play to that.  :)

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

So that should have unlocked all the grimore cards for the crucible maps right???  Or surely you got the hidden ghost that was back by the..  I forgot..  We don't have that anymore.....  

On a serious note, I haven't read up on the Iron Banner items this season.  Are there new weapons or is there just new armor with new ornaments?  I only played for about a hour on Tuesday and didn't get anything other than a gauntlet from my lottery tokens...

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

So that should have unlocked all the grimore cards for the crucible maps right???  Or surely you got the hidden ghost that was back by the..  I forgot..  We don't have that anymore.....  

On a serious note, I haven't read up on the Iron Banner items this season.  Are there new weapons or is there just new armor with new ornaments?  I only played for about a hour on Tuesday and didn't get anything other than a gauntlet from my lottery tokens...

They're new weapons.  Well, actually reskins but new.  I'm currently happy with the sidearm and the hand cannon. They aren't fantastic, but I've been pretty decent with them.  I have the SMG and I haven't tried it in PvP yet.  But it is a 900 rpm SMG with stats similar to the Antiope-D without the range though.  But it has a higher stability and it seems to shoot very well.  

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

After I posted asking about the weapons, I watched a brief video talking about the guns.  Nothing really jumps out at me that is anything I'm going to switch too. 

Gone are the days of getting a Clever Dragon or that era of guns that you used all the time.  It seems like they are just collector's items. Fun to get but go to the vault to be forgotten.  The armor looks good but once again its just armor and with no difference in perks its kinda hard to get a set that would be for specific loadouts (HC reloader, AR reloader, etc).  But that's where we are with this game. 

• michael6745 likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

I wouldn’t' say that the weapons are collectors items.  Time Warn Spire is a good pulse rifle that performs similar to Iron Dragon.  I've use that a little bit this banner, and in the PvE realm. 

The Auto Rifles are pretty good as well.  I don't use them often, but that’s only because I have a hard time breaking away from my typical load-outs.  I've only recently began swapping things around, and that’s only because I just stepped back into the PvP world again.

Speaking of PvP, I jumped into Banner for the first time since the inaugural D2 run.
First day it was a bit of a hot mess … or maybe I was playing like a hot mess.
But I went a whopping 2-7 on the evening.  Overall I felt like I played well out side of a few matches where I would often find myself thinking "Dude, where's my TEAM?"  And that was mostly because my whole team would break right … and I'd go left. 

Yesterday went a lot better.  Went 10-2 on the day and had a 9 game win streak that felt amazing.  (I don't think I've ever been on a winning streak that long in either Destiny. 

K/D was always positive, ELO on destiny Tracker shot up into Gold.  Everything felt great!!  I think I've claimed 6 or 7 rewards up to this point.

I think that this is the first time in a long time I've actually enjoyed Destiny 2. 
Didn't feel grindy and I was just enjoying myself.

Drops have been pretty good.  Very weapon heavy.  I've received 1 armor piece so far.  Is it supposed to be that lop sided?  I need more armor!!

Kenitic:
AR - Orimund's Anvil
AR - The Forward Path
HC - The Steady Hand

Energy:
Nothing this time around

Heavy:
GL - The Day's Fury
SG - Gunnora's Axe

My main push for jumping back in was the new armor skin.  I really like it! 
I've got 1 piece so far … but don't have the cloak to use it yet.
Hopefully before the event ends I'll have another piece of armor.

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

After I posted asking about the weapons, I watched a brief video talking about the guns.  Nothing really jumps out at me that is anything I'm going to switch too. 

Gone are the days of getting a Clever Dragon or that era of guns that you used all the time.  It seems like they are just collector's items. Fun to get but go to the vault to be forgotten.  The armor looks good but once again its just armor and with no difference in perks its kinda hard to get a set that would be for specific loadouts (HC reloader, AR reloader, etc).  But that's where we are with this game. 

I never really used the Clever Dragon. Even though I had a good roll on one or two of them.    I never really used pulse rifles in D1.  I didn't like them much. The only one I really used was my Nerwin's Mercy with third eye, rifled barrel, and other perks that made is a laser.

I wouldn’t' say that the weapons are collectors items.  Time Warn Spire is a good pulse rifle that performs similar to Iron Dragon.  I've use that a little bit this banner, and in the PvE realm. 

The Auto Rifles are pretty good as well.  I don't use them often, but that’s only because I have a hard time breaking away from my typical load-outs.  I've only recently began swapping things around, and that’s only because I just stepped back into the PvP world again.

Speaking of PvP, I jumped into Banner for the first time since the inaugural D2 run.
First day it was a bit of a hot mess … or maybe I was playing like a hot mess.
But I went a whopping 2-7 on the evening.  Overall I felt like I played well out side of a few matches where I would often find myself thinking "Dude, where's my TEAM?"  And that was mostly because my whole team would break right … and I'd go left. 

Yesterday went a lot better.  Went 10-2 on the day and had a 9 game win streak that felt amazing.  (I don't think I've ever been on a winning streak that long in either Destiny. 

K/D was always positive, ELO on destiny Tracker shot up into Gold.  Everything felt great!!  I think I've claimed 6 or 7 rewards up to this point.

I think that this is the first time in a long time I've actually enjoyed Destiny 2. 
Didn't feel grindy and I was just enjoying myself.

Drops have been pretty good.  Very weapon heavy.  I've received 1 armor piece so far.  Is it supposed to be that lop sided?  I need more armor!!

Kenitic:
AR - Orimund's Anvil
AR - The Forward Path
HC - The Steady Hand

Energy:
Nothing this time around

Heavy:
GL - The Day's Fury
SG - Gunnora's Axe

My main push for jumping back in was the new armor skin.  I really like it! 
I've got 1 piece so far … but don't have the cloak to use it yet.
Hopefully before the event ends I'll have another piece of armor.

As you say, the Time Worn Spire is my go to kinetic pulse when I want to run Graviton Lance in the crucible. 

No, none of these are weapons that I feel wholly invested in as they are all off the shelf models.  But the September update that will change.

I normally run:

Vigenlance wing

Darkest Before

Play of the Game

or 

Time Worn Spire

Graviton Lance

Play of the Game

I switch out to side arms, HC and SMGs on occasion. Just depends on how I'm playing.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

My remembered load outs this Banner.

Time-Worn Spire or Better Devils

Prosecutor

Telesto

Crimson

Prosecutor

Sins of the Past or Perfect Paradox

I think I've permanently cemented Prosecutor into my energy slot.  (Never gonna give it up, cause its never let me down ...)  I have a Martyr's Make that I have thought about using ... but I can't make the switch. 

Telesto is pretty evil in PvP.  I've gotten many 2 for 1's from it when I peg a titan with it, they duck behind their mighty Titan wall and end up blowing up and taking out a few team mates as well.

One weapon I wanted to use was the Colony.  But I keep forgetting to transfer it over from my Titan. 

I also wanted to try the BrayTech Winter Wolf too.  that looks like it would be fun.

• michael6745 likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

Finally acquired Rank 5 and bought the Sidearm! Not only that, but Saladin also decided to give me a break and reward me with a Crimil's Dagger. THAT IS THE SECOND SEASON TWO WEAPON I'VE GOTTEN: THE OTHER WAS JORUM'S CLAW. AND I HAD TO BUY THAT.

Still haven't gotten to play Bannerfall, and I'm kinda disappointed with the name. There were so many ways they could've gone with that! Bannerfell? White Banner? Am I the only one?

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Hey SGTCOY

Is this you in this match?..

https://destinytrack...pgcr/1714443234

I was the Titan who kept shoulder charging you when I realized we were on the same team. Great comeback on this game

Finally acquired Rank 5 and bought the Sidearm! Not only that, but Saladin also decided to give me a break and reward me with a Crimil's Dagger. THAT IS THE SECOND SEASON TWO WEAPON I'VE GOTTEN: THE OTHER WAS JORUM'S CLAW. AND I HAD TO BUY THAT.
Still haven't gotten to play Bannerfall, and I'm kinda disappointed with the name. There were so many ways they could've gone with that! Bannerfell? White Banner? Am I the only one?

I have everything this season already. I just need the ornament you need for supper kills. I’m 15 kills away.

I’ve played banner fall several times. It’s a tough map. I’ve only won on it once.
  • Kingdomville likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

Hey SGTCOY

Is this you in this match?..

https://destinytrack...pgcr/1714443234

I was the Titan who kept shoulder charging you when I realized we were on the same team. Great comeback on this game

I have everything this season already. I just need the ornament you need for supper kills. I’m 15 kills away.

I’ve played banner fall several times. It’s a tough map. I’ve only won on it once.

Dude, SUPPER KILLS. That is the best thing I've heard anyone say this year.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

I will have to check it out when I get to my phone.  I can't pull it up at work, it blocks it. 

Iron Banner was fun but frustrating over the weekend.  Had some great games and then had some terrible games.  I think I'm about half way done with the ornaments on my Titan.  Is it account wide for the ornaments or is it per character?  I think I am close to Rank 15 maybe.  I could be off a couple.  But got the AR to drop Masterwork, which I really really like.  The PR which I have yet to use yet but it looks good. 

I mainly ran the IB Assault Rifle, Graviton Lance, and either Play of the Game or Sins of the Past.  Hard to take off Graviton Lance because well it dominates.  Couldn't tell you how many double kills I would get using it. 

I did get tired of people using the Colony.  I mean it is a great weapon but it takes zero skill.  Spam 4 rounds down range and you will get at least 1 or 2 kills with it.

Overall not getting meaningful rewards to help you raise your LL was frustrating.  Kinda don't give it much meaning to play other than to get your IB rank up.  Makes me just want to complete the challenges on each character to get the 15 tokens then log off.  I would rather not get anything at the end of the match and get a random drop every 5-10 games then have to delete items after every match because there would be no less than 3 or 4 drops after every game.  I hate to be a broken record but "back in D1" it used to be a good way to raise your Ll.  It was fun seeing drops after the game for your team and seeing actual kills and deaths.  Not this KA/D ratio we have now.  But its likely not going to change so best to just role with it.

Yeah that was me. I was using that iron banner AR instead of my typical graviton lance.

I remember that game because that top guy on the other team danced on my dead body. Who does that? Lol.
  • michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Yeah that was me. I was using that iron banner AR instead of my typical graviton lance.

I remember that game because that top guy on the other team danced on my dead body. Who does that? Lol.

It was fun playing with you...  LOL...

I just find it funny that we were paired together.  

I fully agree about the Iron Banner meaning something.  In D1, you'd get that rare drop of IB stuff that was 1 or 2 LL above your current light.  From what I'm hearing/reading, I think Bungie is looking at this again along with the better ways to rank up.  Everything you do during the game, should move you closer to be strong enough to play the end game.  You shouldn't play the end game in order to do everything during the game.  So we'll see what comes of the update today and what comes in the July update.  

Dude, SUPPER KILLS. That is the best thing I've heard anyone say this year.

LOL

It was a total fumble fingers as I was typing on my iPad.  Glad it made you laugh.  :)

• Kingdomville likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I've had a couple matches on Bannerfall and unlike D1 where I pretty much lost every time I went there this time around I'm 2/0 at Bannerfall still can't believe it . Once IB is over Bannerfal will be in regular Crucible and Private matches , apparently it's not availiable till then except in IB 

• michael6745 likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

Ok. So I have gotten on this morning to play a few games and started out good won the first one, then have proceeded to get our turds pushed in literally every game. We have been mercyied literally 4 out of the last 5 games. This is why I never play crucible. I'm literally only playing to grey the dailies done. Took 2 games with my titan and now I can't go 2 minutes in a match. Absolutely unreal. I'm about to go kindomville!!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Ok. So I have gotten on this morning to play a few games and started out good won the first one, then have proceeded to get our turds pushed in literally every game. We have been mercyied literally 4 out of the last 5 games. This is why I never play crucible. I'm literally only playing to grey the dailies done. Took 2 games with my titan and now I can't go 2 minutes in a match. Absolutely unreal. I'm about to go kindomville!!

I played a total of 80 Iron Banner matches.  I only won 34 with a K/D of 0.94.  I can't complain. I had some matches where we were mercied in minutes and others where we mercied them.  Others were close matches.  It can be frustrating.  There were also some games I was just tired and played like poop on a scoop.  Making plays of, oh, I knew I shouldn't have done that.  

Like one on Bannerfall yesterday.  This opponent was a good player, he was bouncing around killing everything in sight.  I was getting heavy, I saw in the corner of the screen that he was running and sliding towards me.  My brain was saying, disengage from the heavy and take care of him, but my hands said, get heavy and shove my grenade launcher up his nose.  I lost that fight.  But I ended up #2 on my leader board.  So as bad as I played, I wasn't the worst.

These are reasons why you don't stay out until 4 in the morning closing a bar down. Literally closing it down.  It was the last night they were going to be in business as they were imminent domain-ed by the highway construction after being in business for 39 years.  We had been going there for the past 6 years.  But staying up that late really take a toll on your playing.

• sgtcoy likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

Somehow I knew typing this would come back to kick me in the nuts. 

I only managed to squeeze in 3 games the following day.  Each one a disastrous loss.  I probably could have held my controller backwards and had the same results. 

The following day I didn't play.  Just too busy IRL.  But the beat down streak continued for the next 5 or so matches once I picked up again. 

Once the balance was restored, I started to win again. 

My final match was a serious beat down where my team ran up the score really fast.  I don't know if they were short handed, or this group was just all on their "A" game, but it really was over very quickly.  My KDA was listed as 10 or something insane. 

Managed to get a few duplicate weapons on my last few packages.

Received a season 2 gauntlet armor thingy along with a chest piece for my hunter.  Now I'm only missing the legs and class item for a "full set" of banner armor.

Overall I had fun.  When it was good, it was good ... when it was bad ... well, yeah. 

I'll play in the next banner if I'm around.  Hopefully I'll be able to get the rest of the armor what-cha-ma-thingies in the next event or two. 

Super kills are going to be difficult.