Photo

Heroic Strike Playlist

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

I have the quest for the sleeper and I've done 6 heroic strikes, but only 3 of them have counted due to the bug in the system.  

Heroic strikes are currently very hard.  I actually don't mind.  I think I've only done 2 of the 6 as full strikes.  The rest I've been put into in process strikes and usually the final boss as someone got frustrated and left.  We don't clear the strike quickly.  I'd say the final boss has taken me at least 20 minutes and many wipes.  

This does not bother me.  I'm glad it's hard, it's actually fun trying to figure out the right strategy.

The frustrating part is the bug that isn't allowing them to count towards my quest.  Yes, the end loot needs to be better, higher light.  But I think they're working on that.  

I'm just glad of content that we can't just rush through anymore.  I got tired of doing them, as it was speed run all the way with blueberries.

VaeVictus

VaeVictus

Recruit

• 16 posts

I have the quest for the sleeper and I've done 6 heroic strikes, but only 3 of them have counted due to the bug in the system.  

Heroic strikes are currently very hard.  I actually don't mind.  I think I've only done 2 of the 6 as full strikes.  The rest I've been put into in process strikes and usually the final boss as someone got frustrated and left.  We don't clear the strike quickly.  I'd say the final boss has taken me at least 20 minutes and many wipes.  

This does not bother me.  I'm glad it's hard, it's actually fun trying to figure out the right strategy.

The frustrating part is the bug that isn't allowing them to count towards my quest.  Yes, the end loot needs to be better, higher light.  But I think they're working on that.  

I'm just glad of content that we can't just rush through anymore.  I got tired of doing them, as it was speed run all the way with blueberries.

If on the loading screen you see the title of the strike, bail out. You won't get credit. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

If on the loading screen you see the title of the strike, bail out. You won't get credit. 

I did that.  I still didn't get credit.  Well, I didn't do it on the first one because I didn't know about the glitch.  Another one I didn't pay attention, took an hour to complete  the final boss was just bad, and went through three blue berries.  That's the one I was annoyed with. I spent an hour and didn't get credit.  

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

I never had a issue with them not counting.  A couple of the guys I run with forgot to have the HC equipped for it to count.  The strikes are definitely much harder for now.  But after we get leveled up we will be running through them quite easily.  So for now it is enjoyable that they are a little challenging...

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

I'm trying to get a little higher before I give it a go , I can't stand doing a strike and getting aggravated because someone has to be a hero ! 

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

I think the 3 of us were around 346-348 when we beat the Psion.  Didn't even wipe.  Just patience and having a hunter that can tether will help out a ton...

• Curtivobrady likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

That's part of my problem. I'm used to being the storm in there type of player.  I have to hold back and clean adds which I normally didn't do.

• sgtcoy likes this

Whopper

Whopper

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

Hi all,

dident bungie lie to us, that every 3 or 4 heroic strike we got powerfull loot?  I done now 18 heroic strikes and got only 2 powerfull loot. that every 9th strike.

Something wrong here or anyone have the same Problem?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

I've only done about 4 (3 that counted towards the Sleeper ) and I have got 4 Legendaries nothing higher then what I already had , I did however get a powerful engram from Zavala . 

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

The only powerful gear you will get for doing the strikes is when you complete your milestone for each character.  This amounts to 3 strikes per character for a powerful drop.  I have done dozens of these and never received anything meaningful as a reward. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Hi all,

dident bungie lie to us, that every 3 or 4 heroic strike we got powerfull loot?  I done now 18 heroic strikes and got only 2 powerfull loot. that every 9th strike.

Something wrong here or anyone have the same Problem?

From the Destiny 2 Update 1.2.1 on May 29 th.

"Heroic strikes now have a chance (~25%) to award powerful engrams of up to 360 power."

So, if you're already over 360, then you won't see anything different.  For those under 360, they'll see the higher level engram.  Plus the tilda in front of the 25% means, approximately.  

What is your current power level?

Whopper

Whopper

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

Hi Michael, 

i am 355 and i would expect every 3 or 4th heroic Strike a higher level engram, but i have other expirience. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Hi Michael, 

i am 355 and i would expect every 3 or 4th heroic Strike a higher level engram, but i have other expirience. 

Understood... I haven't done any Heroic Strikes since the update, so I have no first hand knowledge of what may drop.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

I've tried and the past 2 I haven't been able to complete. Made it to the final boss, but get obliterated over and over and over. I was told that's where you needed to go to level up, but it's a suggested 350 light level.

AND I'M STUCK @ 345!!!

No idea what I'm doing wrong, but I can't break 345.
Done milestones, nothing. Quests, nothing. Crucible and Iron Banner, nothing.

I give up ...

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 425 posts

I've tried and the past 2 I haven't been able to complete. Made it to the final boss, but get obliterated over and over and over. I was told that's where you needed to go to level up, but it's a suggested 350 light level.

AND I'M STUCK @ 345!!!

I give up ...

From what I understand, if you want to grind for 350 and above, Raids and Trials are the primary way to do that, then Escalation Protocol for the highest rewards. You can get higher grinding regular milestones too, but it is geared towards taking much longer. I get your frustration though.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

AND I'M STUCK @ 345!!!

I give up ...

From what I understand, if you want to grind for 350 and above, Raids and Trials are the primary way to do that, then Escalation Protocol for the highest rewards. You can get higher grinding regular milestones too, but it is geared towards taking much longer. I get your frustration though.

I'm not sure.  I was stuck at the mid 340's.  I did the heroic strikes and dies 50 times and it took an hour each run.  All I did was play the game, it was the powerful engrams after doing the milestones that slowly got me over 340.  I don't do raids or trials.  I just do the heroic strikes milestone, Flashpoint, crucible and clan milestones.  That's all I do and I'm at 360 on my hunter now.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

I've cleared the Raid 3 times and did the milestones and got my main to 376.  It's a slow tedious process but what else are you/we going to be doing all summer??? 

The reason I never noticed the bump in power level was because I was over 360.  It would have came in handy about 3 or 4 weeks ago.. 

Whopper

Whopper

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

I'm not sure.  I was stuck at the mid 340's.  I did the heroic strikes and dies 50 times and it took an hour each run.  All I did was play the game, it was the powerful engrams after doing the milestones that slowly got me over 340.  I don't do raids or trials.  I just do the heroic strikes milestone, Flashpoint, crucible and clan milestones.  That's all I do and I'm at 360 on my hunter now.

Hello Michael, my first heroic strikes i done also with 348 and it was a pain in the ass. 1 hour per strike and endless respawns. With 355 it works better but the glashouse / one hit adds modifire is complete stupid. I run primary Bubble Titan and a bubble with saint 14 is with glashouse complete a waste.. The ads jump into you bubble and onehitting in your bubble the titan. 

Instead death is the result. Never in any games is saw such crap stupid ideotic peace of bungie fu*** modifire ;)

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Hello Michael, my first heroic strikes i done also with 348 and it was a pain in the ass. 1 hour per strike and endless respawns. With 355 it works better but the glashouse / one hit adds modifire is complete stupid. I run primariy Bubble Titan and a bubble with saint 14 is with glashouse complete a waste.. The ads jump into you bubble and onehitting in your bubble the titan. 

Instead death is the result. Never in any games is saw such crap stupid ideotic peace of bungie fu*** modifire ;)

That's why I didn't do Heroic strikes this week. I don't like that modifier.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

The modifiers made it tough this week , especially no radar and one hit melee , those stupid friggin' Cabal dogs just come near you and you die ! My Warlock and Hunter are 348 and my Titan is 349 , I still have to finish the campaign with my Hunter , I won't run the Raid (I think it just a platformer in a shooter ) and I'm no where good enough to play Trials , so I'll just grind away till I get there !!

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

The modifiers made it tough this week , especially no radar and one hit melee , those stupid friggin' Cabal dogs just come near you and you die ! My Warlock and Hunter are 348 and my Titan is 349 , I still have to finish the campaign with my Hunter , I won't run the Raid (I think it just a platformer in a shooter ) and I'm no where good enough to play Trials , so I'll just grind away till I get there !!

That was Bungie's point when they Warmind came out.  They said those that don't do Trials and the Raid can still get the 385, but it will take them longer.  

I'm find with that.  It gives me something to do.  I don't want to be handed everything in the first couple of weeks.  Which is what I don't understand about the community.  They complain that there isn't a grind anymore.  Now there is a grind and the complain that it's too difficult and taking too long. 

I give up.  I'm going to play the way I want to, I'm going to enjoy my hobby the way I want to.  I'll get it done when I get it done.

I got the Jade Rabbit catalyst last night playing Quickplay.  That's #3.  I just need 250 crucible Jade Rabbit kills.

• Vipertec likes this

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 141 posts

I like the fact that strikes are more challenging rather than a quick run thru to get loot.  You have to earn it, it can be grind.  I have done the psion and loved it, can be brutal but satisfying.

• Vipertec and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

I like the fact that strikes are more challenging rather than a quick run thru to get loot.  You have to earn it, it can be grind.  I have done the psion and loved it, can be brutal but satisfying.

Agree!!! 100%

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1239 posts

I think they're pretty boring. I've played heroic strikes for 3 hours yesterday and well... they're not even challenging, they just take ages because the enemies swallow so much ammo. It's not like there's some kind of mechanic behind them that would make them a little more interesting (Nexus - Relic, Echo Chamber - Orbs,...). It's just annoying they take forever and random players keep dying because they apparently can't read the modifications or something.  :P I only play them with people I know these days.

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 141 posts

I think they're pretty boring. I've played heroic strikes for 3 hours yesterday and well... they're not even challenging, they just take ages because the enemies swallow so much ammo. It's not like there's some kind of mechanic behind them that would make them a little more interesting (Nexus - Relic, Echo Chamber - Orbs,...). It's just annoying they take forever and random players keep dying because they apparently can't read the modifications or something.  :P I only play them with people I know these days.

I agree it can be a grind and escpecially when you carry two other players and want to get the final boss done.  Its knowing when to revive and when to hide haha