Photo

The useful sniper in D2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1226 posts

I used to play snipers only as special weapon in D1, but I haven’t found any in D2 that could keep up with the rocket launchers or swords until now.
Last night I got the exotic drop to upgrade D.A.R.C.I. to a masterwork. This upgrade isn’t required though, it just makes it even better. However it was the reason for me to actually try it out and what can I say? Total D1 sniper feeling! I could even finally one shot yellow enemies again with a crit hit! Even in the as now very hard 350 heroic strikes I took a third of the endboss shriekers health with 7 shots from D.A.R.C.I.! The damage goes up with every crit so you can easily kill an ogre by yourself.

Have you tried it? And what’s your experience with snipers in D2 in general?

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 391 posts

I used to play snipers only as special weapon in D1, but I haven’t found any in D2 that could keep up with the rocket launchers or swords until now.
Last night I got the exotic drop to upgrade D.A.R.C.I. to a masterwork. This upgrade isn’t required though, it just makes it even better. However it was the reason for me to actually try it out and what can I say? Total D1 sniper feeling! I could even finally one shot yellow enemies again with a crit hit! Even in the as now very hard 350 heroic strikes I took a third of the endboss shriekers health with 7 shots from D.A.R.C.I.! The damage goes up with every crit so you can easily kill an ogre by yourself.

Have you tried it? And what’s your experience with snipers in D2 in general?

D.A.R.C.I definitely seems like one of the Exotic weapons worth trying out in the new Sandbox. Personally, I've always enjoyed Borealis more (I just felt like my shots were connecting more frequently), but I can see the attraction.
In regards to sniping in general, it still feels like a high-skill pursuit. I know I suck at it, and haven't been able to get my hands on weapons like Alone As a God, but there are a couple of Legendary variants that i don't mind, particularly A Single Clap and Widow's Bite. I don't know what everyone's obsession with the Maxim XI is though. I haven't had much success with it. 

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 173 posts

I forgot snipers were still active in this game...  Same with shotguns...  Just saying...  I might have to go and rebuy that D.A.R.C.I and actually try to shoot it..  With me Snipers go in the Vault and if the vault gets full they get deleted...