Photo

The useful sniper in D2

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1239 posts

I used to play snipers only as special weapon in D1, but I haven’t found any in D2 that could keep up with the rocket launchers or swords until now.
Last night I got the exotic drop to upgrade D.A.R.C.I. to a masterwork. This upgrade isn’t required though, it just makes it even better. However it was the reason for me to actually try it out and what can I say? Total D1 sniper feeling! I could even finally one shot yellow enemies again with a crit hit! Even in the as now very hard 350 heroic strikes I took a third of the endboss shriekers health with 7 shots from D.A.R.C.I.! The damage goes up with every crit so you can easily kill an ogre by yourself.

Have you tried it? And what’s your experience with snipers in D2 in general?

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 412 posts

I used to play snipers only as special weapon in D1, but I haven’t found any in D2 that could keep up with the rocket launchers or swords until now.
Last night I got the exotic drop to upgrade D.A.R.C.I. to a masterwork. This upgrade isn’t required though, it just makes it even better. However it was the reason for me to actually try it out and what can I say? Total D1 sniper feeling! I could even finally one shot yellow enemies again with a crit hit! Even in the as now very hard 350 heroic strikes I took a third of the endboss shriekers health with 7 shots from D.A.R.C.I.! The damage goes up with every crit so you can easily kill an ogre by yourself.

Have you tried it? And what’s your experience with snipers in D2 in general?

D.A.R.C.I definitely seems like one of the Exotic weapons worth trying out in the new Sandbox. Personally, I've always enjoyed Borealis more (I just felt like my shots were connecting more frequently), but I can see the attraction.
In regards to sniping in general, it still feels like a high-skill pursuit. I know I suck at it, and haven't been able to get my hands on weapons like Alone As a God, but there are a couple of Legendary variants that i don't mind, particularly A Single Clap and Widow's Bite. I don't know what everyone's obsession with the Maxim XI is though. I haven't had much success with it. 

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

I forgot snipers were still active in this game...  Same with shotguns...  Just saying...  I might have to go and rebuy that D.A.R.C.I and actually try to shoot it..  With me Snipers go in the Vault and if the vault gets full they get deleted... 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4170 posts

In D1 the 2 slot was usually always Icebreaker for me , when they moved snipers into the 3rd slot I kinda gave up on them as I prefer a rocket launcher, well since they are going to change things around pretty soon , I started using D.A.R.C.I. mainly to get the Exotic catalyst but as far as a sniper rifle goes it pretty good ! 

• DaniArrow and sgtcoy like this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6655 posts

DARCI is bae right now, BUT if you can get and keep the Borealis iconic return buff with infinite bullets thanks to rally cade or reload rift, the DPS is unmatched.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4170 posts

DARCI is bae right now, BUT if you can get and keep the Borealis iconic return buff with infinite bullets thanks to rally cade or reload rift, the DPS is unmatched.

I would like to have Borealis , however it's a PS exclusive right now , so maybe once Destiny 3 comes out I can get it ! 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1526 posts

The past couple days I've been having fun with this guy. 

Maxim XI

https://db.destinytr...tems/3239754990

3239754990.jpg

• Vipertec likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4170 posts

I really have to use Snipers more ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5088 posts

I really have to use Snipers more ! 

a while back my clan held a Mayhem Clash match in D1.  We used the Combined arms maps.  I took in Stillpiercer and forgot how sweet that sniper was.  

• DaniArrow likes this

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1239 posts

For PvP I can totally recommend one called "The Frigid Jackal". It has Quickdraw and reloads very fast, but most importantly it's got a great short zoom scope and probably aim assist 'cause I land more headshots than usual.  :P

It really reminds me of my Longbow Synthesis from D1, if you ever get it don't dismantle it, give it a try!

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 273 posts

I use the Maestro-46 it is a 3 round mag/90 impact type that has extended mag that gives it 4 and has triple tap. Its the best PVE legendary sniper I have found.