Photo

Warmind

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I don’t really mind the exotics, most the the D2 one were pretty useless anyway. ;P
Right now I’ve just gotten into all the legendary kinetic handcannons (I’ll always be a HC guy) to see what other options there are. I use a masterwork (reloadspeed) Judgement on my warlock and BD on my hunter but I’m looking forward to trying Steady Hand (Outlaw!) and Dire Promise in PvP. And well I’m also just grinding legendary marks and glimmer cause I’m pretty much out.

I'm not a big HC guy , I do like Better Devils and the new Ikelos Hand Cannon is pretty good too.

• DaniArrow likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I have to use the Ikelos HC is heroic strikes for the quest.  It's good, but you need precision shots for it to be great.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I have to use the Ikelos HC is heroic strikes for the quest.  It's good, but you need precision shots for it to be great.

You got that right , I'm not looking forward to doing Heroic strikes with a Hand Cannon , since I'm not all that great with them , it basically takes me down to 2 weapons , I'm at the point in the Sleeper quest where i have to do the 5  strikes and it may as well be 5 Nightfalls , it won't be a happy time ! 

• michael6745 likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

You don't have to do the Strikes with only the hand cannon.  It just has to be equipped.  I don't know that I used it that much TBH.  I was using Better Devils with the Raid Rocket Launcher. 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

You got that right , I'm not looking forward to doing Heroic strikes with a Hand Cannon , since I'm not all that great with them , it basically takes me down to 2 weapons , I'm at the point in the Sleeper quest where i have to do the 5  strikes and it may as well be 5 Nightfalls , it won't be a happy time ! 

You don't have to do the Strikes with only the hand cannon.  It just has to be equipped.  I don't know that I used it that much TBH.  I was using Better Devils with the Raid Rocket Launcher. 

That's correct.  I ran most of the Strike with the energy weapon that I want, then when i get to the boss room, I switch to the Ikelos HC so I don't forget to switch.  I was running Better Devils and the Ikelos and didn't have too hard of a time.  It's just the heroic strikes tough, even with the weapons I want.  But they're fun.

Whopper

Whopper

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

So Friends,. 

based on the crap Progression system bungie build into the game and the most bad reward System for heroic strikes with modifires, i will Play Destiny only Tuesday after the reset.

Only powerfull engrams give some powerup Progression. Even exotic engrams are capped.  In the last years i played thousend hour for fun destiny. But the fun is for me gone.

There are more an more People Posting on bungie  that the streamers fucked up the game in the wrong direction. I read on bungie net, that drbroman said, it is still to easy.

Well if the game is build only for fu** streamer elite Player, who has time to Play 10h a days, than Destiny is finaly not anymore my game.  

If bungie get i not right in September release, there will be no new destiny for me. How do you think about destiny and it's way?  

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

So Friends,. 

based on the crap Progression system bungie build into the game and the most bad reward System for heroic strikes with modifires, i will Play Destiny only Tuesday after the reset.

Only powerfull engrams give some powerup Progression. Even exotic engrams are capped.  In the last years i played thousend hour for fun destiny. But the fun is for me gone.

There are more an more People Posting on bungie  that the streamers fucked up the game in the wrong direction. I read on bungie net, that drbroman said, it is still to easy.

Well if the game is build only for fu** streamer elite Player, who has time to Play 10h a days, than Destiny is finaly not anymore my game.  

If bungie get i not right in September release, there will be no new destiny for me. How do you think about destiny and it's way?  

I can understand your stance on Destiny 2.  It wasn't just the streamers. It was the vocal minority on Reddit, on Bungie.net and the other yahoos who have less sense than a pile of horse dung with their threatening comments on social media that got Destiny 2 where it started and where it is.  

I'm sorry you're not having fun in D2.  I agree, it's not as fun as D1, but I am enjoying it still.  I just enjoy the crucible enough that I put up with some of the issues.  

There are some concerns I have about the current progression system.  My biggest complaint is the fact that you need to run the raid in order to power up to be able to play Heroic Strikes.  It should be the other way around.  HS should give you a chance at a higher drop.  I remember in RoI, the HS would give you a blue on occasion that was 1 or 2 light levels higher than your current light.  Things like that I'm okay with grinding. But to spend an hour to do one HS because I am unable to run the raid to get higher level gear is kind of back-asswards.

Other than that, I'm okay with what I'm playing.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

Yeah, I agree.  It does seem odd that you need to run the Raid to be able to run the Strikes/Escalation Protocol.  It always used to be you would have to be leveled up to run the Raid.  But that was back when running the Raid was actually enjoyable.  Frustrating but enjoyable.  Now if you don't know how to do puzzles then you can't beat the Raid.  But my rant on the Raid could be a separate 10 page post. 

I tried to do the Heroic Adventures solo today after the update and basically you need a full fireteam to complete it.  I guess I understand the need for harder activities.  I'm all for it but for stuff like that there should be matchmaking.  Which we have been begging for, for years.  If you are not in a clan you have to LFG it to find someone to help out. 

I'm still having fun but the Crucible with 4v4 is broken.  The maps are plenty big for 6v6 and it is actually enjoyable with more people.  It has definitely gotten better but still needs a ton of work to get it back to where we left off at D1. 

And for the love of God will someone at BUNGIE please fix the SHADERS!!!  I have wasted more time going through and deleting 1 by 1 shaders to clear out my postmaster (which each character still has between 4-10 shaders left in the postmaster).  It just doesn't make any sense.... 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

So Friends,. 

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm mostly just going to play for the milestones, and perhaps grind some progress on my Exotic weapon quests every now and then.

However, I think it's worth noting that this is the direction that Destiny should've always been going. It's the hardcore players that always kept this franchise alive through its droughts. Anyone who has more time to put in should always feel as though investing that time is progressing them further, not at the same rate as those who only give 3-4 hours a week.

Does it suck to be slowed? Yes. But it's reasonable in every sense of the word. I would love to be able to hit 380 within only a couple weeks, but this approach makes more sense. In my opinion, it at the very least doesn't take anything away from what makes Destiny... well, Destiny.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I got my Warlock to 344 real quick now it's going to be a crawl . I love the way Bungie listens to the streamers , who quit playing Destiny 2 and went on to play something else and those of us who continue to play are the one who suffer to outcome . I think they did a great job with the Warmind DLC , but slowing down progression like they did , well for one thing I guess it gives me a reason to keep on playing (not that I needed one) !!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I got my Warlock to 344 real quick now it's going to be a crawl . I love the way Bungie listens to the streamers , who quit playing Destiny 2 and went on to play something else and those of us who continue to play are the one who suffer to outcome . I think they did a great job with the Warmind DLC , but slowing down progression like they did , well for one thing I guess it gives me a reason to keep on playing (not that I needed one) !!

I'm at 347 on my hunter.  The powerful engrams really help, but I lose out on the Nightfall, Raid and Trials ones each week.  Ah well, as you said, it gives me a reason to play. LOL...

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

Yeah, the grind is real again.  I think they over tipped the scales a little too much.

I don't have the time to grind out light levels, nor the patience. 

So how is Mars looking for your guys.  Last night I was on and I only saw a hand full of guardians running around.  Most of them lower than my light level trying one of those endure things and getting seriously stomped into the ground. 

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

I'm have only done the powerful gear milestones and made it to 352.  I still have the crucible to do and NF and that should get me to 353 or 354.  There are definitely more things to do with this DLC and that alone will keep people playing.  I have seen guys on my friends list at 369 and 367.  I don't know how they got there so fast other than playing 18 hours a day since launch. 

It's hard to play the Crucible to get the Call to arms done, I just don't have any fun.  If you aren't in a group you will die, if you respawn away from your group you will die trying to get back to them.  I miss D1 crucible.  I would rather get sniped 20 times a game then team shot every death. 

2 weeks ago I was only 305 and other than not having all of the exotics and the extra tokens from each vendor I've basically caught up and in some cases passed guys that have played for over 5 or 6 months straight.  The slower progression needed to happen to keep people playing.  Because if it was like it was on the last DLC, I could have played 2 weeks, got everything, quit, and came back months later and still been equal to everyone else...  There should be a benefit to guys who play more.  You should be rewarded with more gear, higher power level, etc.

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I'm have only done the powerful gear milestones and made it to 352.  I still have the crucible to do and NF and that should get me to 353 or 354.  There are definitely more things to do with this DLC and that alone will keep people playing.  I have seen guys on my friends list at 369 and 367.  I don't know how they got there so fast other than playing 18 hours a day since launch. 

It's hard to play the Crucible to get the Call to arms done, I just don't have any fun.  If you aren't in a group you will die, if you respawn away from your group you will die trying to get back to them.  I miss D1 crucible.  I would rather get sniped 20 times a game then team shot every death. 

2 weeks ago I was only 305 and other than not having all of the exotics and the extra tokens from each vendor I've basically caught up and in some cases passed guys that have played for over 5 or 6 months straight.  The slower progression needed to happen to keep people playing.  Because if it was like it was on the last DLC, I could have played 2 weeks, got everything, quit, and came back months later and still been equal to everyone else...  There should be a benefit to guys who play more.  You should be rewarded with more gear, higher power level, etc.

Wow... this is odd. I'm only 349 and I've done all my Milestones for both weeks, (except NF, Trials and Raid).  You play less than me and you're higher power. The game is BROKEN!!!!  *throws salt everywhere*   LOL....

You can get the Call to Arms done between 4 and 8 games.  Depends on how much you win and how well you do.  I'm actually having fun in the Crucible. But I definitely prefer Iron Banner Control 6v6...  

You are correct, there is a lot more to do and I've still got a lot of it to do.  

• sgtcoy likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

IRON BANNER , next week !!! , the new armor ornament are awesome !! , can't wait 

In the meantime , i still have to do 5 Heroic strikes for the Sleeper and the Heroic adventure for the Polaris Lance scout rifle , and yes the grind is real !!! I hit the 345 wall they mentioned in TWAB , I do hope they fix this soon , I don't need super fast progress , but a dead stand still is no good either , I'm chucking out 340 weapons and armor , even though I can use them on my Titan and Hunter , I just haven't had the time to play all 3 , go figure ! 

• michael6745 likes this

Whopper

Whopper

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

Hi all, 

so finaly i have first time the feeling, bungie listening also to the crowd ;)

In bungie update yesterday they wrote about changes to heroic strike. Every 3-5 strike will drop legendary engrams up to 360 Level. This would be for me a good solution.

it's still hard, but you get a rewards for the heroic strike  and the Chance to Level up for Level 7 escalation protocol.

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

IRON BANNER , next week !!! , the new armor ornament are awesome !! , can't wait 

In the meantime , i still have to do 5 Heroic strikes for the Sleeper and the Heroic adventure for the Polaris Lance scout rifle , and yes the grind is real !!! I hit the 345 wall they mentioned in TWAB , I do hope they fix this soon , I don't need super fast progress , but a dead stand still is no good either , I'm chucking out 340 weapons and armor , even though I can use them on my Titan and Hunter , I just haven't had the time to play all 3 , go figure ! 

About that Sleeper quest.  The next step after you do the 5 heroic strikes is to get 25 Valkyrie kills (easy) and complete 3 Escalation Protocol stages with an Ikelos weapon equipped (it can be all stage 1).  I cleared one, but didn't have the gun equipped.  I haven't been able to clear any others, but reallly haven't tried hanging around trying to get a group of 9 together.

Hi all, 

so finaly i have first time the feeling, bungie listening also to the crowd ;)

In bungie update yesterday they wrote about changes to heroic strike. Every 3-5 strike will drop legendary engrams up to 360 Level. This would be for me a good solution.

it's still hard, but you get a rewards for the heroic strike  and the Chance to Level up for Level 7 escalation protocol.

Yes, very glad for the change for a 360.  I was hoping for a 350. So this is better and I'm happy for it.  

Speaking of 350.  I hit 350 last night.  Go me...

• Whopper likes this

Whopper

Whopper

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

I done the sleeper Quest today. Xol  on 360 was hard  (me 349), but finaly i got the sleeper Simulant with Level 345 ( well also capped ;) )

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I done the sleeper Quest today. Xol  on 360 was hard  (me 349), but finaly i got the sleeper Simulant with Level 345 ( well also capped ;) )

Congrats... 

I got wasted by a sleeper shot in the crucible last night.  The guy timed it just right that when I can around the corner he blasted me ... f-er.... lol..

The good thing is, the sleeper is accessible to all, I just need to get the stupid EP part completed.  I just haven't made it a priority to do so.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I have to do the 5 Heroics , the Valkyrie kills are easy , I just did it for the Polaris Lance quest it took 3 Pub. events (Warsat) . I have yet to get past round 3 on Escalation Protocol , with randoms but I'll get that done somehow as I do want the Armor ! 

SC-palmettopride

SC-palmettopride

Apprentice

• 46 posts

Well I guess I will work on that quest today. Wife's at work so I have about 9 hours to get it done lol

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

My Titan has to finish the Campaign and I haven't even started my Hunter ............yet .

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 208 posts

Well we slogged through the Raid this weekend for our 1st clear.  Overall got lots of "tokens" and received all of the armor but the helmet.  Finished the Sleeper quest, the exotic shotgun from the Arms Dealer strike, and got to 361 power level.  I think all 3 of my guys are 355 plus which is nice.  Still have 2 characters of Call to Arms to do in the next day and a half. 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

My Titan has to finish the Campaign and I haven't even started my Hunter ............yet .

I haven't even touched my Titan or my Warlock yet.  I've been playing nothing but hunter...

Well we slogged through the Raid this weekend for our 1st clear.  Overall got lots of "tokens" and received all of the armor but the helmet.  Finished the Sleeper quest, the exotic shotgun from the Arms Dealer strike, and got to 361 power level.  I think all 3 of my guys are 355 plus which is nice.  Still have 2 characters of Call to Arms to do in the next day and a half. 

And even just playing my Hunter I'm only 350.  I don't understand...  

• sgtcoy likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4274 posts

I've been mainly playing my Warlock , can seem to get past 345 , I tried doing the Psionic Potential Heroic adventure , besides dying alot, I got kicked , needless to say the controller almost ended up in the TV , I think this time when they say recommended power is 350 you should be a lot closer to 350 , then 345 , the yellow bars are bullet sponges and one hit from them and down you go !!