Photo

So I broke weak..

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

Well I did the unthinkable this weekend...  I re-downloaded D2 this weekend... 

Well first off I jumped straight into Iron Banner and after a couple of hours, I had a really good time.  The 6v6 is the way to go.  It was no longer sneak around with your group and team shoot, it had more of a D1 feel.  After the first game of a .50 kd (or efficiency whatever) I played most of the night over a 1.5.  Got some decent loot but overall was thoroughly impressed with the games. 

Played the Osiris campaign today in one sitting.  I am not the gamer who watches the cut scenes and follows the story.  Its just not interesting to me.  I am more action and less talking.  So the story was ok...  It seemed a lot of doing the same stuff repeatedly.

Ran a N/F and a couple of strikes and that was fun.  Mercury sandbox was fun.  Killing non-stop and not having to wait for Public Events was welcoming.

Overall, I went from a 304 to a 319 power level.  After 6+ months of not playing it, I had a good time.

What I didn't enjoy....

1) Everyone is still using the same weapons they were 6 months ago.  Vigilance Wing, Uriels, and whatever heavy weapon. 

2) No random rolls still obviously so everytime I got a new weapon I just looked to see what it was, if I had it, then deleted it.  Not very rewarding to get the same gun over and over that is identical.  Just my opinion.

3) The token system - I still think it is a horrible idea.  I would rather get a drop at the end of a Strike/IB/public event, etc.  Once again just my opinion.

4) What I can see is that after 6 months of not playing, I can play for a couple of weeks and be caught up to everyone else.  Lack of chasing anything, whether is be a gun roll, ghosts, or exotic quests.  Lack of this will be what kills it for me in the long run. 

But overall, I had a good time.  I don't think I will stay and play as much as I did for D1 (as much as I really want to) because I don't think there is enough content to keep me playing.  The Iron Banner was fun and if it was available every weekend I would prolly play quite a bit. 

Got several Master Work pieces.  Not really excited about that system either but appearance wise it looks pretty.  Still a lot that I'm not caught up on and/or don't understand but wanted to get going in case this new DLC is a game changer.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to share my experience since it had been months since I played it last...

• str8upnobs, Art of War, DaniArrow and 2 others like this

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 755 posts

Well I did the unthinkable this weekend...  I re-downloaded D2 this weekend... 

Well first off I jumped straight into Iron Banner and after a couple of hours, I had a really good time.  The 6v6 is the way to go.  It was no longer sneak around with your group and team shoot, it had more of a D1 feel.  After the first game of a .50 kd (or efficiency whatever) I played most of the night over a 1.5.  Got some decent loot but overall was thoroughly impressed with the games. 

Played the Osiris campaign today in one sitting.  I am not the gamer who watches the cut scenes and follows the story.  Its just not interesting to me.  I am more action and less talking.  So the story was ok...  It seemed a lot of doing the same stuff repeatedly.

Ran a N/F and a couple of strikes and that was fun.  Mercury sandbox was fun.  Killing non-stop and not having to wait for Public Events was welcoming.

Overall, I went from a 304 to a 319 power level.  After 6+ months of not playing it, I had a good time.

What I didn't enjoy....

1) Everyone is still using the same weapons they were 6 months ago.  Vigilance Wing, Uriels, and whatever heavy weapon. 

2) No random rolls still obviously so everytime I got a new weapon I just looked to see what it was, if I had it, then deleted it.  Not very rewarding to get the same gun over and over that is identical.  Just my opinion.

3) The token system - I still think it is a horrible idea.  I would rather get a drop at the end of a Strike/IB/public event, etc.  Once again just my opinion.

4) What I can see is that after 6 months of not playing, I can play for a couple of weeks and be caught up to everyone else.  Lack of chasing anything, whether is be a gun roll, ghosts, or exotic quests.  Lack of this will be what kills it for me in the long run. 

But overall, I had a good time.  I don't think I will stay and play as much as I did for D1 (as much as I really want to) because I don't think there is enough content to keep me playing.  The Iron Banner was fun and if it was available every weekend I would prolly play quite a bit. 

Got several Master Work pieces.  Not really excited about that system either but appearance wise it looks pretty.  Still a lot that I'm not caught up on and/or don't understand but wanted to get going in case this new DLC is a game changer.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to share my experience since it had been months since I played it last...

Thanks for the update and sharing your experience. Still doesn't sound like enough for me to do the same and reinstall D2 myself. Soon I'll be spending all my time on Dark Souls Remastered so keep me posted in case by some miracle D2 does do a complete 180.

• sgtcoy and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Welcome back to Destiny 2!!!!

What you've stated is the complaint from everyone. So, you're not alone.  My comments to yours, but no in any order.

Vigilance wing has actually gotten stronger.  I used it a couple of times prior to 1.1.4. But I use it a lot now.  Yes. I became meta-boy.  But I don't want to handicap myself because of it.  They're using VW as a base for the Season 3 sandbox update. So many other weapons will be brought up to its level, so there will be more choices.

As far as Uriels.  I havern't used it since the update.  So many other stronger weapons in that slot, such as Mannanan SR4 for PvE and Darkest Before in PvP.  

Regarding player progression and things to do.  This was discussed at the summit.  They're saying that in Season 3, the casual may be fully leveled up by the September update.  It may take the hardcore about a month to fully level up.  There will also be secrets to chase in Season 3.

Season 3 - DLC II Warmind is not going to fix everything we don't like about D2.  But it is a step in the right direction which is headed toward the September update which I think we will see changes to much of everything, just like TTK did for D1.

All that said, I'm glad to see you're playing again and enjoying the Iron Banner.  I definitely prefer the 6v6 game mode.  I feel like I can solo and do very well, which I did.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

Yeah, I was skeptical but by the end I had a good time.  6v6 will be the only crucible I play in the future as it changed the entire dynamic and made the games flow..  Chaos everywhere which is great!  Burning Shrine screwed with my mind because the zones are in different places and you spawn different and everytime I found myself having to stop and look around to find out where the zone was. 

I don't have the Darkest Before.  Don't know where to get it.  I'll have to look it up and the Mannanan SR4 never heard of.  I stuck with Auto's just cause my aim is pretty wild right now.  Don't have the feel back yet. 

I'm hoping the Warmind is good.  I know it won't fix everything but fixing some will be better than nothing.  Like I've said before I don't know how long I'll stick around but I will give the new DLC a go since I dropped a 100 bucks on the game before I even played it.  Gotta get my money's worth!!!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Yeah, I was skeptical but by the end I had a good time.  6v6 will be the only crucible I play in the future as it changed the entire dynamic and made the games flow..  Chaos everywhere which is great!  Burning Shrine screwed with my mind because the zones are in different places and you spawn different and everytime I found myself having to stop and look around to find out where the zone was. 

I don't have the Darkest Before.  Don't know where to get it.  I'll have to look it up and the Mannanan SR4 never heard of.  I stuck with Auto's just cause my aim is pretty wild right now.  Don't have the feel back yet. 

I'm hoping the Warmind is good.  I know it won't fix everything but fixing some will be better than nothing.  Like I've said before I don't know how long I'll stick around but I will give the new DLC a go since I dropped a 100 bucks on the game before I even played it.  Gotta get my money's worth!!!

Well, in Season 3. All Iron Banners will be 6v6 Control.

Yes. Burning Shrine messes with me as well.  I have to do a double take when I spawn in to make sure where I am as I am usually turned around in there.

Darkest Before is the Trails energy Pulse Rifle. There are other pulses in this archetype that are just as good.

The Mannanan SR4 is a drop from the Gunsmith.  It reminds me a lot of the Hung Jury.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

Iron Banner , Rumble and Mayhem will rotate . 

I didn't use Vigilance Wing until recently it's a beast now and a great PvP gun , I use it in the Crucible in the Kinetic spot all the time 

I realized last night that some of my favorite weapons will become useless,some as they are only able to level up to 360 (Nameless Midnight for example ), so we are all going to have to find new weapons to use , I am looking forward to tomorrow and the Warmind dlc , new weapons , new armor , new challenges !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Iron Banner , Rumble and Mayhem will rotate . 

I didn't use Vigilance Wing until recently it's a beast now and a great PvP gun , I use it in the Crucible in the Kinetic spot all the time 

I realized last night that some of my favorite weapons will become useless,some as they are only able to level up to 360 (Nameless Midnight for example ), so we are all going to have to find new weapons to use , I am looking forward to tomorrow and the Warmind dlc , new weapons , new armor , new challenges !! 

What do you mean, certain guns will only be able to be upgraded to 360?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

Check for yourself all the Legendaries will only rank up to 360 , I was heart broken when I found out I won't be able to use my Nameless Midnight after it's ranked to 360 , this excludes exotics by the way . If you go into the weapon details and highlight the infusion tab it will say it at the bottom of the box

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Check for yourself all the Legendaries will only rank up to 360 , I was heart broken when I found out I won't be able to use my Nameless Midnight after it's ranked to 360 , this excludes exotics by the way . If you go into the weapon details and highlight the infusion tab it will say it at the bottom of the box

I have not heard this, from any source.  That's why I'm confused.  I've listened to Houndish and Mesa Sean who usually have a finger on all of this.  I've tried to find other sources, and I'm coming up blank.  ??

I would also think that Reddit would be nuclear if this were the case.  ??

Okay, I found one reference and they were questioning whether it was true...

https://www.reddit.c...es_will_not_be/

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

Oh Bungie .... :down:

templar72

templar72

Forum Sergeant

• 141 posts

time for new weapons, lets no cling to the past.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

I think it's changed to 380 , I have to double check that , it could be my old tired eyes , the 6 in 360 could have been an 8 all along  :(

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

I think it's changed to 380 , I have to double check that , it could be my old tired eyes , the 6 in 360 could have been an 8 all along  :(

The new hard cap is 380 (385 with mods).  This would make sense... LOL

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

The new hard cap is 380 (385 with mods).  This would make sense... LOL

Yep it's 380 I checked , even the new ones I got are 380 , if there's a large expansion coming in September , and we can't level weapons up past 380 that means we are going to have to get all new ones eventually . Time for a vault purge !!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

Yep it's 380 I checked , even the new ones I got are 380 , if there's a large expansion coming in September , and we can't level weapons up past 380 that means we are going to have to get all new ones eventually . Time for a vault purge !!

Half my vault are items that I was going to try out, never did, Other stuff was 330 I was keeping to infuse which are now useless.  So purging will be good.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

One thing I wished I would have done was stockpile glimmer.  I am out and had to run blues in my loadouts because I couldn't infuse them.  Disadvantage of being careless with my money...  I see something shiny I buy it. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

One thing I wished I would have done was stockpile glimmer.  I am out and had to run blues in my loadouts because I couldn't infuse them.  Disadvantage of being careless with my money...  I see something shiny I buy it. 

Depending on how much you play, you can fill you glimmer within a few days.  I took my glimmer down to 30K and in a couple of days had it back up to 100K.  Crucible, strikes, etc.  Get those blues and dismantle. 

One thing with Warmind.  Once you infuse those items you use all the time to the soft cap of 340 (345 with mods), then don't infuse anything else until you get a 340 or higher drop.  I started infusing everything to 336 which is what most of my items drop at and then I'd get a 340.  If it's 336 dismantle.

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1239 posts

My glimmer is currently at 2K lol... how do I get 340+ stuff? I thought heroic strikes but nothing dropped so probably just Raid, Trials & powerful Engrams?

Whopper

Whopper

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

My glimmer is currently at 2K lol... how do I get 340+ stuff? I thought heroic strikes but nothing dropped so probably just Raid, Trials & powerful Engrams?

Dani, you are right. Exotic drops get you over 340 or Raids, Trails and powerful Engrams.  Doing heroic strikes is a waste of time

• DaniArrow likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5156 posts

You get >340stuff by doing the weekly milestones and grabbing your Powerful gear from the vendors when your done.
  • DaniArrow likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4230 posts

If you want the Sleeper and the new Exotic scout rifle (once you get the quest) your going to have to do a t least 5 Heroic strikes for each , I 'm at the point of doing the Heroics for the Sleeper , I hear they are really hard now , they are like doing the NF , we will see !

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1239 posts

They are! We did 3 last night, the shrieker one on Titan was hard but ok, then came the Will of the Thousands one and damn... we took about an hour to finish it, you pretty much need to use rockets on these vanquisher knights or else they just won’t die. DARCI sniper is pretty good for all other yellow enemies though, usually two shots them.

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

Well I got my glimmer over 20k finally.  Worked on the Sleeper quest and need 15 nodes and one level 3 Extinction event.  Tried it a couple of times this weekend and couldn't complete level 3.  Guess we were not high enough LL.  The strikes were harder to complete than the NF was.  The crucible is not fun in 4v4 compared to 6's.  The games were boring and couldn't get done with the milestone fast enough.  I will only play if I have to until Iron Banner.  Too bad they didn't make the crucible 6v6 on this DLC. 

Whopper

Whopper

Forum Lieutenant

• 196 posts

Hi, 

>one level 3 Extinction Event.

I have done the Sleeper quest also, but i think the description is wrong. I needed 3x Level 1 Extinction Event and 5 heroic strike.

Now i Need finaly the last Mission  Summ of all 1000 ?   in Level 360. This will be hard ;)  

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 195 posts

Yeah, I must have read it wrong.  Hopefully that is all that it is.  I will find out this morning when I get off work.  I read it this weekend and turned it off.  Didn't want to try in vain to get past level 3.  If it's just 3x Level 1 then than that will be much much easier...