Photo

Iron Banner 6 V 6 4/17/18

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

Well I have to say so far this Iron Banana has bee alot of fun , this coming from someone who hates Control , even though I only play a couple of matches it has been fun , now, let the fun continue !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

I only played 6 games last night.  Won 2.  I was tired and wore out, so I played like poop on a scoop.  The funny thing is, my first game I was lead score on my team.  No wonder we lost.  *sigh*

Curtivobrady

Curtivobrady

Apprentice

• 50 posts

It wasnt just you Michael people are not used to chaos being everywhere lol. Poop on a scoop

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

I only played 6 games last night.  Won 2.  I was tired and wore out, so I played like poop on a scoop.  The funny thing is, my first game I was lead score on my team.  No wonder we lost.  *sigh*

So far I've only played about 6 games and won 3 lost 3 . I actually had my first 25 kill game and my team won . I think it actually has the feel of Mayhem , that is probably why I'm enjoying it so much ! 

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

I was happy with 6v6 Iron Banner.  I felt I was able to go in solo many times and do very well.  I was top score on many games.  I even had my highest score ever in D2.  

I felt there was less team shooting, I was able to flank, and it just felt more D1-ish than what I've played in D2.  I do feel that some of the maps are a little small to handle this mode. But I have a feeling we'll be seeing larger maps released if more 6v6 is available.

Overall, I was happy with it.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

I was happy with 6v6 Iron Banner. I felt I was able to go in solo many times and do very well. I was top score on many games. I even had my highest score ever in D2.

I felt there was less team shooting, I was able to flank, and it just felt more D1-ish than what I've played in D2. I do feel that some of the maps are a little small to handle this mode. But I have a feeling we'll be seeing larger maps released if more 6v6 is available.

Overall, I was happy with it.

it was fun but Michael kept dodging me!

That and I had taxes to file...

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

I only have to finish the Chest ornament and I'm at 82% , that has been one tough mother !! I'll finish it of when it comes back next week , and from what I read in TWAB , Iron Banner will be 6V6 control from now on , Did I read that right ?? oO  oO

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 418 posts

Okay, my Iron Banana loot drops SUCK. I'm still missing The Day's Fury from Season 1, and I only have Jorum's Claw from Season 2, only because I bought it. Listen, Saladin: I really appreciate you flooding me with Guiding Sights and Forward Paths, but dude... stop. I don't need them.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

I only have to finish the Chest ornament and I'm at 82% , that has been one tough mother !! I'll finish it of when it comes back next week , and from what I read in TWAB , Iron Banner will be 6V6 control from now on , Did I read that right ?? oO  oO

I'm at 76% on my chest ornament.  Ubo and I are going to pair up as we both need to finish that ornament.  I wish Double Trip Mines were a thing again.

I don't recall reading that IB will be control from now on, but I didn't read the TWAB word for word.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

Here's what it said : Jerpie: While we continue to evaluate the feedback and data from the last Iron Banner Control with 6v6, we've heard two messages very clearly. Having more opportunities to play 6v6 is highly desired and Control remains the most popular mode for 6v6. As such, you can expect Iron Banner to feature 6v6 Control exclusively moving into Season 3.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

Here's what it said : Jerpie: While we continue to evaluate the feedback and data from the last Iron Banner Control with 6v6, we've heard two messages very clearly. Having more opportunities to play 6v6 is highly desired and Control remains the most popular mode for 6v6. As such, you can expect Iron Banner to feature 6v6 Control exclusively moving into Season 3.

This is the way I see it.  Iron Banner used to be 100% control through Y1 and Y2.  I loved it.  Control was my favorite mode.  Then everyone started whining that they wanted something different.

So they gave us Iron Banner Clash.  Then everyone complained that there wasn't an objective to play and it wasn't very fun.

So they gave us Iron Banner Rift and OMG.  The WORST iron Banner mode ever...  My opinion only...

With that said, I am very fine with Iron Banner control for all of season three.  I enjoy the game mode and it give us an objective in the game.  I am happy with the modifications they made to the game mode of Iron Banner.

What would be awesome though... Iron Banner Mayhem Clash to end Season 2.  Just let us go crazy so we can finish up the darn ornaments that require grenade kills.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

I agree with the last Season 2 IB being Mayhem Clash, since it's my favorite game mode   , I only need the chest ornament and I'm at 84% Mayhem would get that done quick . I'm ok with Iron Banner being Control in Season 3  , In D1 I pretty much hated Control , but I guess I've had a change of heart the 6 V 6 Control has been a lot of fun in D2 , the 4 V 4 wasn't too bad either . 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1527 posts

Wow, that only took 8 months for them to realize that we were serious about our feelings on 6v6.

• sgtcoy likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 418 posts

I hope we'll get a few more faction rallies before winter.
I've still got several shaders to chase down.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

Wow, that only took 8 months for them to realize that we were serious about our feelings on 6v6.

Yes , they must have , the 6v6 is way more fun , I'm actually enjoying Control and I use to really hate it ! 

Don't forget the last Iron Banner for Season 2  start today at noon est , this will be your last chance to get the Season 2 armor ornaments !!! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

Yes , they must have , the 6v6 is way more fun , I'm actually enjoying Control and I use to really hate it ! 

Don't forget the last Iron Banner for Season 2  start today at noon est , this will be your last chance to get the Season 2 armor ornaments !!! 

Yes.  I plan on going grenade / melee happy this week to complete my chest ornament. It's the only one I need.  I'm at 76%  I was below 50% starting this last IB.  So I think I can do it.

I think there was a lot more in the decision of 6v6 than just changing it.   Primarily map selection: There are some maps that are too small for 6v6.  I think we're going to see larger maps in Season 3 and I am hopeful that we'll see the rebirth of some of our favorites from D1.  *fingers crossed*

I'm good with 4v4 in Clash in the current maps.  There times I feel I'm getting surrounded.  But that's usually against a good team that knows how to flank.  

dcc.png

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

All Iron Banner Season 2 Armor ornament obtained !! The chest ornament was a real PITA !!

• Lil'Ubo likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

All Iron Banner Season 2 Armor ornament obtained !! The chest ornament was a real PITA !!

Congrats!!!!!  I believe it is a tough achievement.

I know I got melee and grenade kills last night and the meter never moved.  

Oh.  It takes 200 grenade/melee kills so that is 0.5% per kill.  I only got 5 last night.  I'm at 78%... 44 more kills to go.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

Congrats!!!!! I believe it is a tough achievement.

I know I got melee and grenade kills last night and the meter never moved.

Oh. It takes 200 grenade/melee kills so that is 0.5% per kill. I only got 5 last night. I'm at 78%... 44 more kills to go.

you can do it!!

Hell, I did it and I suck!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

you can do it!!

Hell, I did it and I suck!

I finished it last night.  I put on Arcstrider and turned into a punching machine.  So glad that's done.  Now I can enjoy myself in the Iron Banner.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

It was 200 Melee/ Grenade kills for that ornament , it seems like it was a thousand !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

It was 200 Melee/ Grenade kills for that ornament , it seems like it was a thousand !! 

I was getting it done, slowly with my normal play style. I probably could have completed it by the end of this IB, but I wanted to get it over with so I had to be more aggressive.  I had to learn a different style and use the arcstrider so I was totally out of my comfort zone.  But I was literally running up and punching everything.  Some I traded, some I didn't even put a dent on the guy.  But it was fun.  I laughed, I cursed...  And when I knew I just needed one more kill, then I got salty.  That punch should have killed him but only takes him down the a sliver of red... My grenade did 99% of the damage and a blueberry one taps him.. grumble...  Laugh...

I guess the good thing about this was it was something to chase. Something that made me alter my play style. Stuff that D1 used to do all the time with the Crucible Quartermaster bounties.

• Vipertec and sgtcoy like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

Pretty much the same thing I had to do , I used my Titan mostly , due to the 2 grenades , melee .is/was pretty much useless and sometimes the grenades did zero damage , yep there was a lot of cursing , but in the end it was fun ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5113 posts

So, please don't tell me that grenade/melee kills across the account worked for this ornament... ????  I could have used my fist pounding titan as well?  

This is the type of thing I don't mind getting salty (in the fun way) about.  I'm trying to accomplish something and it doesn't work, so you grind grind grind.   it frustrating, but fun and keeps me on task to complete.  That's what is needed more in the game.  I think Bungie has finally got that figured out.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4198 posts

So, please don't tell me that grenade/melee kills across the account worked for this ornament... ????  I could have used my fist pounding titan as well?  

This is the type of thing I don't mind getting salty (in the fun way) about.  I'm trying to accomplish something and it doesn't work, so you grind grind grind.   it frustrating, but fun and keeps me on task to complete.  That's what is needed more in the game.  I think Bungie has finally got that figured out.

Yes they did , how do you think I did it , if it wasn't across the account I never would have gotten it done !! I thought you knew that !

and we get to keep our tokens too , to use in Season 3 IB !