michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5178 posts

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4251 posts

Well they haven't told us anything yet , as far as release dates or even when the stream is going to be , but I can say I am looking forward to the DLC . 

It's a bummer that Iron Banner (6V6) for next week has been put off due to some kind of issue they found , but I guess it's better they fix it then to put out something that's not working ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5178 posts

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4251 posts

I'm excited for the DLC (I just wish they'd give a date so I can take a vacation day) . I'm bummed there isn't going to be any IB ths week I was really looking forward to it !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5178 posts

I'm excited for the DLC (I just wish they'd give a date so I can take a vacation day) . I'm bummed there isn't going to be any IB ths week I was really looking forward to it !

I was excited for the IB as well.  But I'm glad they delayed it.  Not sure if you heard, but the bug was, once a certain score was obtained, EVERYONE got "anteater-ed" was booted to orbit...

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 430 posts

I reckon this expansion has even more potential than COO. I mean hell, we could even be looking at a new enemy type!
At least when Iron Banner does roll around, we could perhaps finally see the full potential of the six-shooter Golden Gun.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4251 posts

I was excited for the IB as well.  But I'm glad they delayed it.  Not sure if you heard, but the bug was, once a certain score was obtained, EVERYONE got "anteater-ed" was booted to orbit...

I heard , it is better they fix it now before it got out ! 

I reckon this expansion has even more potential than COO. I mean hell, we could even be looking at a new enemy type!
At least when Iron Banner does roll around, we could perhaps finally see the full potential of the six-shooter Golden Gun.

There have been rumors that the new enemy was going to be frames and I also heard some about Nezerec (I think that's how you spell it ) 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 430 posts

I heard , it is better they fix it now before it got out ! 

There have been rumors that the new enemy was going to be frames and I also heard some about Nezerec (I think that's how you spell it ) 

Nah, I'm doubtful that a character like Nezarec (sorry, grammar/spelling Nazi :laugh: ) would make an appearance, particularly if he is one of the Nine as is theorised.

However, the Frames seem very likely. I feel like they don't want to reveal the name yet because if it does turn out to be something like Gods of Mars, it would be fairly reasonable to suggest that everything else about that leak is probably true.

Edit: Nevermind! We just got a post from Bungie about the development roadmap, including a brief insight to the next expansion: WARMIND. Simple and straight to the point. May the 8th feels so far away!
They did mention that we WILL be meeting new enemy types, so that doesn't entirely eliminate the possibility of the Frames. However, it could always just be something like SIVA enhanced Fallen or Cabal. I suspect a trailer will probably drop sometime before April 24th, which is when the reveals are scheduled to begin. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5178 posts

Source: https://www.bungie.n...s/Article/46735

Since the beginning of this year, we’ve been setting more specific expectations for the work we’re doing to support Destiny 2. With some Season 2 updates in our rear view mirror, it’s time to look further into the future. Before we take a look at our development priorities, Game Director Christopher Barrett has some commentary on our goals for this summer, and beyond.

Barrett: The team is very excited to extend the roadmap and share with you some of the big stakes we’re putting in the ground. Recent updates have focused on immediate issues to the live game, but in the coming months our vision for the future is converging with critical player feedback to deliver transformative changes to Destiny 2. 

We’ll be diving deeper into each one of the listed items soon, and there’s even more we can’t quite talk about yet, but for now it’s all hands on deck to make sure we deliver on our promise to restore Destiny 2 to the hobby we all love.

Here’s the new roadmap, spanning the entire summer:

Image Link

The community has been talking a lot about some of the things we’re developing for Season Four. Our goals for these features are to give you more control over how you configure your loadouts in Destiny 2 and give you more reasons to play the game over time. We also want to bring back those exciting moments when you acquire the perfect weapon. To make this happen, updates like Weapon Randomization, Weapon Slot Changes, Gear Collections, and Records will be delivered to all players.

We now have a plan for Raid Prestige changes (including Raid Lairs) and will update where it will land in the next Development Roadmap. Mod Changes are being incorporated into our new plan for Weapon Randomization.

On May 8, with the beginning of Season Three, we’re also launching the second expansion to Destiny 2. It’s called Warmind, and it will send you to new places to meet new heroes and battle new enemies. You’ll earn new loot and master new activities. Today, we’re naming it and dating it. You’ll learn more in a reveal stream on April 24. Mark your calendars and follow us on Twitch.

Image Link

Season Three marks the beginning of a new plan for how we deliver Crucible content. For every player of Destiny 2, we’ll be releasing all of the new Crucible Maps being developed for Warmind into matchmaking. The same goes for the maps we released with Curse of Osiris. To keep the community in the Crucible unified, everyone will see new arenas in matchmade playlists like Quickplay, Competitive, Trials of the Nine, Iron Banner, as well as the new weekly rotators that include Rumble and Mayhem. That means more opponents for everyone. With the arrival of Private Matches, players will need to purchase each Expansion to have exclusive access to play those Crucible maps with other players in a private match. This plan goes into effect on May 8 with the beginning of Season Three.

Image Link

The usual conversation about our creative process will continue. Expect to learn more about the new features on the roadmap as we delve deeper into developer commentary. If these plans change – and plans have a way of doing that – we’ll keep refreshing this roadmap on a monthly basis.

Thanks for coming along with us on this journey, thanks for your feedback, and thanks for playing.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 200 posts

Random Rolls and weapon slots, containing the right class of weapons, coming back?  This is interesting.....  I mean it would be a big step to getting the game back to where it should have been at launch.  Because very few people have jumped up and down saying Mod's and Masterworking weapons are so much better.  But being the Skeptic and going on track records, I will have to see it to believe it... 

• Art of War and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5178 posts

Random Rolls and weapon slots, containing the right class of weapons, coming back?  This is interesting.....  I mean it would be a big step to getting the game back to where it should have been at launch.  Because very few people have jumped up and down saying Mod's and Masterworking weapons are so much better.  But being the Skeptic and going on track records, I will have to see it to believe it... 

I was hoping you'd reply to this.

There are a lot of promises there.  Yes. much of this should have been from the launch. But Bungie tried new things and much of it failed.  

I'm with you, we'll have to see if they deliver. But I do believe that they want Destiny to be a success and they'll start delivering... something.

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 200 posts

I know they want Destiny to be a success.  I believe their passion is high if not higher than the gamer who plays it.  I realize they wanted to try something new and by and large it was unsuccessful.  It would be hard to abandon ship and sail in the complete opposite direction but honestly that is what is going to have to happen. 

When they make promises to their community (money paying community) they need to fulfill them.  If it is transparency that they are promising they need to be overboard with their words and actions to win back our trust.  I would go to no end to explain and make sure everyone understands what to expect and deliver said expectations.  If what they promise can't be fulfilled in the deadline they set for themselves, wait, I would rather a finished product than one that would be lackluster at best. 

In theory, they have a lot of fans to win back.  Some are too far gone and others are just patiently waiting for something that draws us in and doesn't let go.  The lore of D1 kept us involved.  It wasn't perfect for a while, but by the end, it had enough base to make something grand for the future. 

I hope they deliver at least some of the stuff that you guys want while steadily pushing towards the stuff that those of us who don't play want.  And hopefully in the near future everyone will be happy and were back to killing each other and dancing together in the Tower. 

• Art of War and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5178 posts

One thing I have not seen on the roadmap.  I WANT MY SPARROW HORN BACK!!!!!

• Vipertec and sgtcoy like this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 200 posts

It is kinda mindblowing that they wouldn't bring it back.  Must have been overlooked...  Or...

• Art of War likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4251 posts

One thing I have not seen on the roadmap.  I WANT MY SPARROW HORN BACK!!!!!

can't tell you how many times I've hit the button while cruising down the road on my sparrow in Destiny 2 to and go why isn't the dam horn working ?? Oh yeah never mind !  :ermm:  :ermm: 

• sgtcoy likes this

sgtcoy

sgtcoy

Forum Lieutenant

• 200 posts

Might need to get your sparrow looked at...  Could be a blown fuse or lose connection.  It wouldn't pass safety inspections without a proper horn...  May be something to look into....

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5178 posts

can't tell you how many times I've hit the button while cruising down the road on my sparrow in Destiny 2 to and go why isn't the dam horn working ?? Oh yeah never mind !  :ermm:  :ermm: 

Might need to get your sparrow looked at...  Could be a blown fuse or lose connection.  It wouldn't pass safety inspections without a proper horn...  May be something to look into....

I think the horn circuit has fried from all the salt in the air.  

• sgtcoy likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4251 posts

There haven't been any rumors yet as to what other exotics they bringing back , I'm hoping they bring back Icebreaker and maybe Gjallarhorn !! Sorry , I had to go there !! 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 430 posts

There haven't been any rumors yet as to what other exotics they bringing back , I'm hoping they bring back Icebreaker and maybe Gjallarhorn !! Sorry , I had to go there !! 

Well, we did see two Exotics return in COO, so I would expect a similar number here. Maybe No Time to Explain because of the Brays' connection to the Exos, and Sleeper Simulant because Rasputin (and also because we don't have an Exotic Linear Fusion Rifle yet)?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4251 posts

I had another thought , being that Rasputin will somehow be involved with the Warmind DLC , what do you think the chances are that we will be returning to the good old Cosmodrome ?? Wouldn't that be exciting !! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5178 posts

I had another thought , being that Rasputin will somehow be involved with the Warmind DLC , what do you think the chances are that we will be returning to the good old Cosmodrome ?? Wouldn't that be exciting !! 

Unfortunately, I don't think they did that for the DLC.  I could see it for the September update.  But I could be wrong.

They've had a short time to try to correct much of what is wrong in Destiny and to try to port over the old D1 areas, may be too much.  I'd rather they concentrate on putting out a good DLC.  

Regarding the exotics.  I'm hoping for Ace of Spades and Hawkmoon.

• sgtcoy likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 430 posts

Unfortunately, I don't think they did that for the DLC.  I could see it for the September update.  But I could be wrong.

They've had a short time to try to correct much of what is wrong in Destiny and to try to port over the old D1 areas, may be too much.  I'd rather they concentrate on putting out a good DLC.  

Regarding the exotics.  I'm hoping for Ace of Spades and Hawkmoon.

Agreed. It feels to good to be true for them to be re-introducing old play-spaces this soon, or in any DLC at all for that matter. However, it does seem reasonable to suggest that we will likely be re-visiting the Dreadnaught and the Reef somewhere down the line, so who knows?

As much as I would love to see Ace of Spades return, they'd have to massively rework it to make it feel like more than just a Kinetic Sunshot. It was mostly about the explosions in D1, and Maverick is a pretty average perk, so they'd have to give it something more exciting and different.
I don't think we should see Hawkmoon again though. Personally, I feel like they should only focus on bringing back Exotics with important enough lore connections. So I'd say definitely bring back AOS, TFC, TLW and Thorn, but not Hawkmoon.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4251 posts

I didn't think that they'd bring back the old Cosomodrome , but since that's where Rasputin resides there might be some reimagined version of it , after all that's where bunker RAS 4 is ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5178 posts

I didn't think that they'd bring back the old Cosomodrome , but since that's where Rasputin resides there might be some reimagined version of it , after all that's where bunker RAS 4 is ! 

Good point. I forgot about that.  We may see an area of the cosmodrome. ???  CoO took us to several planets.  If we go to ice caps of Mars, then that's a new planet for D2, so maybe.  ??

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4251 posts

Good point. I forgot about that.  We may see an area of the cosmodrome. ???  CoO took us to several planets.  If we go to ice caps of Mars, then that's a new planet for D2, so maybe.  ??

Only a few short weeks to find out , can't wait , I took off the 8th and 9th , so I'm looking forward to it !