Photo

Lake of Shadows Strike

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

I was flipping thru the Destiny 2 Strategy guide the other day , and as I was going thru the EDZ section and I noticed a map/ area I wasn't familiar with and it said it you can only get to it in The Lake of Shadows Strike  , I was wondering if anyone else ever hear about this , or is it a PS exclusive , in the Strike section of the guide there is no mention of this strike and the guide cover , Xbox one, PS 4 and PC . Could this be future content and they slipped up putting it in the guide or maybe they scrapped this strike .

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

I was flipping thru the Destiny 2 Strategy guide the other day , and as I was going thru the EDZ section and I noticed a map/ area I wasn't familiar with and it said it you can only get to it in The Lake of Shadows Strike  , I was wondering if anyone else ever hear about this , or is it a PS exclusive , in the Strike section of the guide there is no mention of this strike and the guide cover , Xbox one, PS 4 and PC . Could this be future content and they slipped up putting it in the guide or maybe they scrapped this strike .

It's PS4 Exclusive (Not a joke this time)... It's actually a fun strike.  The first time I ran through it, the little blasting things on the walls kept shooting me off the map.  

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 407 posts

I think this 'hidden area' is the playspace for the COO mission in the EDZ, where the supposed 'temple' for his followers lies. Could be wrong about that, but the layout seems the same.
Before COO was available though, yes, this was only accessible through the Lake of Shadows Strike, which is one of the better ones in D2, mainly because the boss fight is a bit more unique. The Arms Dealer is still my favourite though.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

Michael, Thanks for posting the Vid , I kinda figured it was a PS exclusive , well at least if and when Destiny 3 come out I'll have still have something new to do in D2  :D  :D  :D , cause you know those buttheads at Activision won't release it till then !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

I think Kingdomville is right.  You have to go through much of the path of this strike to get to the CoO temple.  

The Lake of Shadows strike is a good one.  It doesn't come up enough when I play strikes.  I'm always getting Exodus Down which I immediately quit.

I still do not understand the need for any console exclusives. It doesn't make me feel I need to get that console.  But I won't go down that rabbit hole this morning....

• Vipertec likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4160 posts

I think Kingdomville is right.  You have to go through much of the path of this strike to get to the CoO temple.  

The Lake of Shadows strike is a good one.  It doesn't come up enough when I play strikes.  I'm always getting Exodus Down which I immediately quit.

I still do not understand the need for any console exclusives. It doesn't make me feel I need to get that console.  But I won't go down that rabbit hole this morning....

That's why I didn't go to far into it , it's pointless , it is what it is !